FORUMS

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

CleanSlate Brings Fingerprint Scanner Mod to HTC One M9+

Work of XDA Recognized Developer tbalden, CleanSlate custom kernel for the HTC … more

Sunday Debate: Which Factors Caused HTC’s Woes?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on HTC’s situation. Come with your … more

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

Remove Sense from any ROM with this zip

1,586 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,846
 
By Calkulin, Recognized Developer on 30th August 2010, 08:02 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
For those that want to remove the Sense launcher & widgets from any ROM, this zip will do just that.

Make sure you already have a 2nd homescreen app installed before flashing because if you don't, the phone WILL NOT boot


Also do a backup before flashing
Attached Files
File Type: zip Calkulin's_Remove_Sense.zip - [Click for QR Code] (155.7 KB, 1520 views)
Last edited by Calkulin; 30th August 2010 at 08:44 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calkulin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
30th August 2010, 08:25 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 64
 
More
Amazing that it is made to be so easy by you.

You are a great person.
30th August 2010, 08:32 PM |#3  
chocmatic's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calkulin

For those that want to remove the Sense launcher & widgets from any ROM, this zip will do just that.

Make sure you already have a 2nd homescreen app installed before flashing because if you don't, the phone WILL NOT boot


Also do a backup before flashing

That didn't work. No signature and verification failed.

Update: Signed file and it works now. I attached the file below.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Calkulins_Remove_Sense-signed.zip - [Click for QR Code] (155.7 KB, 562 views)
Last edited by chocmatic; 30th August 2010 at 08:45 PM.
30th August 2010, 08:43 PM |#4  
Calkulin's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 8,846
 
Donate to Me
More
What recovery console are you using?


EDIT: I just noticed I forgot to sign it, so redownload and try again
30th August 2010, 08:46 PM |#5  
chocmatic's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calkulin

What recovery console are you using?


EDIT: I just noticed I forgot to sign it, so redownload and try again

. I did the same LOL
30th August 2010, 10:17 PM |#6  
nebenezer's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 131
 
More
Wow, what a great idea dude

This makes so much sense.

I agonized over trying to come up with a way to make a simple app that ran a script full of rm's or something back when I had my Hero.
30th August 2010, 10:30 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calkulin

For those that want to remove the Sense launcher & widgets from any ROM, this zip will do just that.

Make sure you already have a 2nd homescreen app installed before flashing because if you don't, the phone WILL NOT boot


Also do a backup before flashing

Haven't tried this yet but, nice work either way.

Do you have a list of what this flash removes? I've done this manually and there is A LOT of crap to get rid of. Want to see what this flash specifically removes if possible.

Thanks!
31st August 2010, 01:04 AM |#8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSmith1

Haven't tried this yet but, nice work either way.

Do you have a list of what this flash removes? I've done this manually and there is A LOT of crap to get rid of. Want to see what this flash specifically removes if possible.

Thanks!

Yes, please. I would like a list of which files this specifically removes. I'm picky like that. I'm always a little weary about running things like this without knowing exactly what it is doing.
31st August 2010, 04:09 AM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bacdoliljo

Yes, please. I would like a list of which files this specifically removes. I'm picky like that. I'm always a little weary about running things like this without knowing exactly what it is doing.



It's not hard to obtain.....


Code:
ui_print("");
ui_print("Removing Sense from ROM...");
format("MTD", "cache");
mount("MTD", "userdata", "/data");

delete("/data/app/com.htc.FMRadioWidget.apk");

delete("/data/app/com.htc.FriendStreamWidget.apk");

delete("/data/app/com.htc.MusicWidget.apk");

delete("/data/app/com.htc.NewsReaderWidget.apk");

delete("/data/app/com.htc.StockWidget.apk");

delete("/data/app/com.htc.TwitterWidget.apk");

delete("/data/app/com.htc.WeatherWidget.apk");

delete("/data/app/HtcAddProgramWidget.apk");

delete("/data/app/htcbookmarkwidget.apk");

delete("/data/app/HtcCalculatorWidget.apk");

delete("/data/app/htccalendarwidgets.apk");

delete("/data/app/HtcClockWidget.apk");

delete("/data/app/htccontactwidgets.apk");

delete("/data/app/HtcCopyright.apk");

delete("/data/app/HtcFootprintsWidget.apk");

delete("/data/app/htcmailwidgets.apk");

delete("/data/app/htcmsgwidgets.apk");

delete("/data/app/HtcPhotoWidget.apk");

delete("/data/app/HtcProfilesWidget.apk");

delete("/data/app/HtcRingtoneWidget.apk");

delete("/data/app/htcsettingwidgets.apk");

delete("/data/app/HtcSyncwidget.apk");

delete("/data/app/HtcWeatherWallpaper.apk");

delete("/data/app/PluginManager.apk");

delete("/data/app/Rosie.apk");

delete("/data/app/WidgetDownloadManager.apk");

delete_recursive("/data/dalvik-cache");
unmount("/userdata");
mount("MTD", "system", "/system");

delete("/system/app/com.htc.FMRadioWidget.apk");

delete("/system/app/com.htc.FriendStreamWidget.apk");

delete("/system/app/com.htc.MusicWidget.apk");

delete("/system/app/com.htc.NewsReaderWidget.apk");

delete("/system/app/com.htc.StockWidget.apk");

delete("/system/app/com.htc.TwitterWidget.apk");

delete("/system/app/com.htc.WeatherWidget.apk");

delete("/system/app/HtcAddProgramWidget.apk");

delete("/system/app/htcbookmarkwidget.apk");

delete("/system/app/HtcCalculatorWidget.apk");

delete("/system/app/htccalendarwidgets.apk");

delete("/system/app/HtcClockWidget.apk");

delete("/system/app/htccontactwidgets.apk");

delete("/system/app/HtcCopyright.apk");

delete("/system/app/HtcFootprintsWidget.apk");

delete("/system/app/htcmailwidgets.apk");

delete("/system/app/htcmsgwidgets.apk");

delete("/system/app/HtcPhotoWidget.apk");

delete("/system/app/HtcProfilesWidget.apk");

delete("/system/app/HtcRingtoneWidget.apk");

delete("/system/app/htcsettingwidgets.apk");

delete("/system/app/HtcSyncwidget.apk");

delete("/system/app/HtcWeatherWallpaper.apk");

delete("/system/app/PluginManager.apk");

delete("/system/app/Rosie.apk");

delete("/system/app/WidgetDownloadManager.apk");
unmount("/system");
31st August 2010, 04:16 AM |#10  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejpyle

It's not hard to obtain.....


Code:
ui_print("");
ui_print("Removing Sense from ROM...");
format("MTD", "cache");
mount("MTD", "userdata", "/data");

delete("/data/app/com.htc.FMRadioWidget.apk");

delete("/data/app/com.htc.FriendStreamWidget.apk");

delete("/data/app/com.htc.MusicWidget.apk");

delete("/data/app/com.htc.NewsReaderWidget.apk");

delete("/data/app/com.htc.StockWidget.apk");

delete("/data/app/com.htc.TwitterWidget.apk");

delete("/data/app/com.htc.WeatherWidget.apk");

delete("/data/app/HtcAddProgramWidget.apk");

delete("/data/app/htcbookmarkwidget.apk");

delete("/data/app/HtcCalculatorWidget.apk");

delete("/data/app/htccalendarwidgets.apk");

delete("/data/app/HtcClockWidget.apk");

delete("/data/app/htccontactwidgets.apk");

delete("/data/app/HtcCopyright.apk");

delete("/data/app/HtcFootprintsWidget.apk");

delete("/data/app/htcmailwidgets.apk");

delete("/data/app/htcmsgwidgets.apk");

delete("/data/app/HtcPhotoWidget.apk");

delete("/data/app/HtcProfilesWidget.apk");

delete("/data/app/HtcRingtoneWidget.apk");

delete("/data/app/htcsettingwidgets.apk");

delete("/data/app/HtcSyncwidget.apk");

delete("/data/app/HtcWeatherWallpaper.apk");

delete("/data/app/PluginManager.apk");

delete("/data/app/Rosie.apk");

delete("/data/app/WidgetDownloadManager.apk");

delete_recursive("/data/dalvik-cache");
unmount("/userdata");
mount("MTD", "system", "/system");

delete("/system/app/com.htc.FMRadioWidget.apk");

delete("/system/app/com.htc.FriendStreamWidget.apk");

delete("/system/app/com.htc.MusicWidget.apk");

delete("/system/app/com.htc.NewsReaderWidget.apk");

delete("/system/app/com.htc.StockWidget.apk");

delete("/system/app/com.htc.TwitterWidget.apk");

delete("/system/app/com.htc.WeatherWidget.apk");

delete("/system/app/HtcAddProgramWidget.apk");

delete("/system/app/htcbookmarkwidget.apk");

delete("/system/app/HtcCalculatorWidget.apk");

delete("/system/app/htccalendarwidgets.apk");

delete("/system/app/HtcClockWidget.apk");

delete("/system/app/htccontactwidgets.apk");

delete("/system/app/HtcCopyright.apk");

delete("/system/app/HtcFootprintsWidget.apk");

delete("/system/app/htcmailwidgets.apk");

delete("/system/app/htcmsgwidgets.apk");

delete("/system/app/HtcPhotoWidget.apk");

delete("/system/app/HtcProfilesWidget.apk");

delete("/system/app/HtcRingtoneWidget.apk");

delete("/system/app/htcsettingwidgets.apk");

delete("/system/app/HtcSyncwidget.apk");

delete("/system/app/HtcWeatherWallpaper.apk");

delete("/system/app/PluginManager.apk");

delete("/system/app/Rosie.apk");

delete("/system/app/WidgetDownloadManager.apk");
unmount("/system");

we're not all as gifted as you... thanks.
Is everything running properly with all the HTC stuff removed? Do accounts sync properly, do apps such as alarm clock work properly, etc?
Last edited by bacdoliljo; 31st August 2010 at 04:19 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes