Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Best Android distribution for Kaiser

OP MykoB

30th August 2010, 09:34 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hello all,

I'd like to ask which is the best distribution of Android for Kaiser - I mean everything working fine and so on.

I have HardSPL 3.29 and Radio 1.70.19.09 .. I tried one distro (Froyo 2.2 - Incubus26Jc's Super FroYo RLS14 All Languages) but when I started it.. it runs some time then the screen goes dark like sleep.. but when I press the power the screen image is broken... like white lines on the screen.. (this happens on both Incubus Super FroYo and Myn's Donut) ... I don't know is there some additional software that should be installed...

I use starting with HaReT via SD card...

I appreciate any help... Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Dimitar Dimitrov
30th August 2010, 11:54 PM   |  #2  
Flag Scotland
Thanks Meter: 9

962 posts
Donate to Me
More
The screen problem is wrong panel type, edit the default.txt in andboot folder, change the panel type, (board-htckaiser.panel_type=X), it can be either 1,2 or 3, if the display looks fine apart from sleep issues when you press power key, chances are you have a panel type 3, panel types 2 and 3 display the same, but have sleep issues if you choose the wrong one.

As for the best build? That is something you have to find out for yourself, not being funny, just that everyone has a different idea of 'best'
31st August 2010, 03:21 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Smile
Thanks a lot!
31st August 2010, 03:37 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Okay about the distribution... As I am new to Android at all... Can you please tell me your opinion about which distribution is working on kaiser (probably one you have tested and you are happy with it)

Thanks once again!

Kind regards!
31st August 2010, 03:49 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 102

473 posts
Donate to Me
Depends on what you want.

If you want speed, go with Myn's Warm Donut.
If you want to more apps, and less speed, go with Eclair.
If you want the latest apps and even less speed, try Froyo.
31st August 2010, 03:52 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Thank you I'll try which one is working well on my kaiser and i'll choose one.. sorry for stupid questions anyway just i think it is better to ask someone who passed by those kinds of issues
31st August 2010, 09:28 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 30

276 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MykoB

Okay about the distribution... As I am new to Android at all... Can you please tell me your opinion about which distribution is working on kaiser (probably one you have tested and you are happy with it)

I think I have tried all of them, and only 1 is working fine and fast for me: dzo's froyo (currently 26-08-2010). http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=715402 (get it here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/androidhtc/files/ ) (the latest builds include all of the fixes, you don't need to patch anything after installing).

I am running it with haret on the SDcard. It's so fast and smooth I don't even feel the need to flash it to the nand (which would work even faster).

The eclair builds, (polymod 2.1d, etc...) even with compcache enabled they are too slow. Cyanogenmod is also extremely slow, and it was also freezing while the phone was sleeping). And the Donut builds are lacking features.

On my kaiser the dzo froyo build is at least as fast as the fastest donut builds I have used, and it's rock stable. Far better than the eclair and other froyo builds like cyanogenmod.

PS: do not use any "unodexed" or "deodexed" builds. They are slower.
Last edited by BigMango; 31st August 2010 at 09:42 PM.
31st August 2010, 09:37 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 30

276 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemuro

Depends on what you want.

If you want speed, go with Myn's Warm Donut.
If you want to more apps, and less speed, go with Eclair.
If you want the latest apps and even less speed, try Froyo.

If you want the latest apps and the best speed and the best stability, try dzo's froyo.

On my kaiser this build feels like it came flashed originally instead of windows mobile. In comparison, the other builds felt like "hacks": slow and/or buggy.
31st August 2010, 10:39 PM   |  #9  

27 posts
Myn's RLS5 is the best for my kaiser.
3rd September 2010, 01:37 AM   |  #10  
Flag Celaya - Gto.
Thanks Meter: 9

105 posts
More
And what about battery life?, Cyanogen literaly drain power in a few hours, froyo from dzo is better, but still is a problem for these builds.

Any recommendation?, the old Donut build battery lafe is the best (at least for me) but after several days the phone signal drops to zero, and i cant recover it !!

Please, your comments, thanks in advance!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread