Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,311 Members 48,593 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Best Android distribution for Kaiser

Tip us?

MykoB
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Best Android distribution for Kaiser

Hello all,

I'd like to ask which is the best distribution of Android for Kaiser - I mean everything working fine and so on.

I have HardSPL 3.29 and Radio 1.70.19.09 .. I tried one distro (Froyo 2.2 - Incubus26Jc's Super FroYo RLS14 All Languages) but when I started it.. it runs some time then the screen goes dark like sleep.. but when I press the power the screen image is broken... like white lines on the screen.. (this happens on both Incubus Super FroYo and Myn's Donut) ... I don't know is there some additional software that should be installed...

I use starting with HaReT via SD card...

I appreciate any help... Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Dimitar Dimitrov

zenity
Old
Thanks Meter 9

DONATE TO ME
The screen problem is wrong panel type, edit the default.txt in andboot folder, change the panel type, (board-htckaiser.panel_type=X), it can be either 1,2 or 3, if the display looks fine apart from sleep issues when you press power key, chances are you have a panel type 3, panel types 2 and 3 display the same, but have sleep issues if you choose the wrong one.

As for the best build? That is something you have to find out for yourself, not being funny, just that everyone has a different idea of 'best'
XDA IIi ROM: 1.11.00 WWE Radio: 1.04.0 ExtROM 1.11.171 WWE

HTC Kaiser 1: ROM: Polymod 2.1D Final-Dark : Radio: 1.65.21.18

HTC G1 Dream: GammaFly V1.3 RC2, AmonRa, DangerSPL, Radio 2.22.27.08

HTC Desire ParanoidAndroid 3.99

Polymod 2.1D Final Version: Gone, but not forgotten

Android boot splashes and boot animations (for Kaiser )

MykoB
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks a lot!

MykoB
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Okay about the distribution... As I am new to Android at all... Can you please tell me your opinion about which distribution is working on kaiser (probably one you have tested and you are happy with it)

Thanks once again!

Kind regards!

nemuro
Old
Thanks Meter 102

DONATE TO ME
Depends on what you want.

If you want speed, go with Myn's Warm Donut.
If you want to more apps, and less speed, go with Eclair.
If you want the latest apps and even less speed, try Froyo.
HTC Topaz - waiting for android port / HTC TYTN II - for kicks / HTC Wildfire - sold / Yinlips YDPG-18 - sold

HTC HD2 EU - sold
Radio: 2.12.50.02.2 - best battery for me
NAND: Redux - The smallest fastest working HD2 rom & Haldric's Stock Desire HD GB Rom
Kernel: In Tytung we trust.

Free stuff: Simple text icons & Free Wallpapers
Find my post useful? Instead of saying "thanks", click here (it will enlarge my e-penis)

MykoB
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you I'll try which one is working well on my kaiser and i'll choose one.. sorry for stupid questions anyway just i think it is better to ask someone who passed by those kinds of issues

BigMango
Old
(Last edited by BigMango; 31st August 2010 at 08:42 PM.)
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by MykoB View Post
Okay about the distribution... As I am new to Android at all... Can you please tell me your opinion about which distribution is working on kaiser (probably one you have tested and you are happy with it)
I think I have tried all of them, and only 1 is working fine and fast for me: dzo's froyo (currently 26-08-2010). http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=715402 (get it here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/androidhtc/files/ ) (the latest builds include all of the fixes, you don't need to patch anything after installing).

I am running it with haret on the SDcard. It's so fast and smooth I don't even feel the need to flash it to the nand (which would work even faster).

The eclair builds, (polymod 2.1d, etc...) even with compcache enabled they are too slow. Cyanogenmod is also extremely slow, and it was also freezing while the phone was sleeping). And the Donut builds are lacking features.

On my kaiser the dzo froyo build is at least as fast as the fastest donut builds I have used, and it's rock stable. Far better than the eclair and other froyo builds like cyanogenmod.

PS: do not use any "unodexed" or "deodexed" builds. They are slower.

BigMango
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemuro View Post
Depends on what you want.

If you want speed, go with Myn's Warm Donut.
If you want to more apps, and less speed, go with Eclair.
If you want the latest apps and even less speed, try Froyo.

If you want the latest apps and the best speed and the best stability, try dzo's froyo.

On my kaiser this build feels like it came flashed originally instead of windows mobile. In comparison, the other builds felt like "hacks": slow and/or buggy.

cqf20022002
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Myn's RLS5 is the best for my kaiser.

Milmirex
Old
Thanks Meter 9
And what about battery life?, Cyanogen literaly drain power in a few hours, froyo from dzo is better, but still is a problem for these builds.

Any recommendation?, the old Donut build battery lafe is the best (at least for me) but after several days the phone signal drops to zero, and i cant recover it !!

Please, your comments, thanks in advance!