OP phazei

21st November 2010, 07:00 PM   |  #421  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 7

205 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by telecomdude

Has anyone at least been sucessful in creating a sprint zio 2.1 rom dump? I'm having issues with mine and need that rom to start over.....

If you search this thread, there is a link to a Spring Zio ROM dump in it.

(edit: because i know eventually someone will read this reply and complain about having to do a 2 minute search to find the link to the dump, here it is:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=287)
Last edited by MagickalShadow; 21st November 2010 at 07:08 PM.
21st November 2010, 07:53 PM   |  #422  
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagickalShadow

If you search this thread, there is a link to a Spring Zio ROM dump in it.

(edit: because i know eventually someone will read this reply and complain about having to do a 2 minute search to find the link to the dump, here it is:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=287)

Thanks, I had actually found it just before you answered, however I'm having trouble flashing it, Clockwork still doesn't recognize my phone....
21st November 2010, 09:22 PM   |  #423  
Thanks Meter: 8

182 posts
Rooting
I've been following this topic ever since I got my Zio about a week after it came out for Cricket. I've always been leary of new OS's that are untried and uncertain and still have alot of bugs so I've been biding my time waiting to find out the best, safest way to root my Zio and, of course, for the ever elusive 2.1 upgrade lol,.. But for now basically as far as I've read is the Root using the N1 the best right now? Can someone tell me where I can get it easiest and what the best way to root is currently for the Zio? because I want to be able to utilize Barnacle a few other apps that do require rooting to do so. Thanks in advance!!
22nd November 2010, 01:51 AM   |  #424  
Flag Mesa, AZ
Thanks Meter: 30

236 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by telecomdude

Thanks, I had actually found it just before you answered, however I'm having trouble flashing it, Clockwork still doesn't recognize my phone....

what exactly do you mean by "doesn't recognize"? you flashed the zio port of clockwork, yes?
22nd November 2010, 02:09 AM   |  #425  

15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregnotcraig

what exactly do you mean by "doesn't recognize"? you flashed the zio port of clockwork, yes?

I thought I had, but I think I chose the wrong phone model was chosen accidentally the first time, then I found the clockwork zio image and flashed that but the phone is still having issues...I think flashing the wrong rom first might have really screwed something up....the odd thing is that clockwork still doesn't show my phone model...I flashed it telling it to load the clockwork-recovery-20101031.img from the sd card
22nd November 2010, 07:03 AM   |  #426  
Thanks Meter: 26

147 posts
More
Alright im having a bit of an issue and was hoping someone could possibly help me out. I did a factory reset on the phone by selecting it under the USB/storage and after i did the factory reset my phone is now stuck in a boot loop, it will keep powering off and going to the kyocera screen and it does this continuosly. I put it in fastboot mode and typed fastboot -w into cmd, and formatting user data and formatting cache appeared on the phones screen and still the phone is stuck in the boot loop. Does anyone know what i can do to get this damn phone working?
*edit* its weird, my phone was working fine before i did the factory reset, i just wanted to clear everything off and start fresh with it. I have no clue what could have happened!
Last edited by Flare106; 22nd November 2010 at 10:30 AM.
22nd November 2010, 12:01 PM   |  #427  

15 posts
Try a Power + Up Volume
22nd November 2010, 04:37 PM   |  #428  
Flag Louisville, KY
Thanks Meter: 1

63 posts
More
Talking Zio update
"Hi guys, I work for cricket and thought I would share some information with you.

The zio will not be getting 2.1

BUT! it will be getting 2.2 this winter."

I grabbed this from another thread.
22nd November 2010, 05:23 PM   |  #429  
Thanks Meter: 8

182 posts
Anyone know the best way to root the zio yet? and any word on when this 2.2 will come out? lol
22nd November 2010, 07:49 PM   |  #430  
Flag Mesa, AZ
Thanks Meter: 30

236 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by seabhac

Anyone know the best way to root the zio yet? and any word on when this 2.2 will come out? lol

http://blog.23corner.com/tag/universalandroot/
re: 2.1/2.2...read the prior posts in this thread.

Subscribe to Thread

Tags
2.2.1, android, update, zio
Previous Thread Next Thread