Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,274 Members 45,663 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Kyocera Zio M6000 - on Cricket, Android 1.6

Tip us?

MagickalShadow
Old
(Last edited by MagickalShadow; 21st November 2010 at 06:08 PM.)
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by telecomdude View Post
Has anyone at least been sucessful in creating a sprint zio 2.1 rom dump? I'm having issues with mine and need that rom to start over.....
If you search this thread, there is a link to a Spring Zio ROM dump in it.

(edit: because i know eventually someone will read this reply and complain about having to do a 2 minute search to find the link to the dump, here it is:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=287)
I am not a licensed professional, but I have read several Wikipedia pages on the subject :P

telecomdude
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagickalShadow View Post
If you search this thread, there is a link to a Spring Zio ROM dump in it.

(edit: because i know eventually someone will read this reply and complain about having to do a 2 minute search to find the link to the dump, here it is:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=287)
Thanks, I had actually found it just before you answered, however I'm having trouble flashing it, Clockwork still doesn't recognize my phone....

seabhac
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Default Rooting

I've been following this topic ever since I got my Zio about a week after it came out for Cricket. I've always been leary of new OS's that are untried and uncertain and still have alot of bugs so I've been biding my time waiting to find out the best, safest way to root my Zio and, of course, for the ever elusive 2.1 upgrade lol,.. But for now basically as far as I've read is the Root using the N1 the best right now? Can someone tell me where I can get it easiest and what the best way to root is currently for the Zio? because I want to be able to utilize Barnacle a few other apps that do require rooting to do so. Thanks in advance!!

gregnotcraig
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by telecomdude View Post
Thanks, I had actually found it just before you answered, however I'm having trouble flashing it, Clockwork still doesn't recognize my phone....
what exactly do you mean by "doesn't recognize"? you flashed the zio port of clockwork, yes?
Phone: GSIII
ROM: Unofficial AOKP Jellybean 4.2.2
My Blarg: A Geek In The Desert
My StatusNet instance: G, Not C
Twitter: rumbleghoti

telecomdude
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregnotcraig View Post
what exactly do you mean by "doesn't recognize"? you flashed the zio port of clockwork, yes?
I thought I had, but I think I chose the wrong phone model was chosen accidentally the first time, then I found the clockwork zio image and flashed that but the phone is still having issues...I think flashing the wrong rom first might have really screwed something up....the odd thing is that clockwork still doesn't show my phone model...I flashed it telling it to load the clockwork-recovery-20101031.img from the sd card

Flare106
Old
(Last edited by Flare106; 22nd November 2010 at 09:30 AM.)
Thanks Meter 26
Alright im having a bit of an issue and was hoping someone could possibly help me out. I did a factory reset on the phone by selecting it under the USB/storage and after i did the factory reset my phone is now stuck in a boot loop, it will keep powering off and going to the kyocera screen and it does this continuosly. I put it in fastboot mode and typed fastboot -w into cmd, and formatting user data and formatting cache appeared on the phones screen and still the phone is stuck in the boot loop. Does anyone know what i can do to get this damn phone working?
*edit* its weird, my phone was working fine before i did the factory reset, i just wanted to clear everything off and start fresh with it. I have no clue what could have happened!

telecomdude
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Try a Power + Up Volume

s23bog
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Talking Zio update

"Hi guys, I work for cricket and thought I would share some information with you.

The zio will not be getting 2.1

BUT! it will be getting 2.2 this winter."

I grabbed this from another thread.

seabhac
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Anyone know the best way to root the zio yet? and any word on when this 2.2 will come out? lol

gregnotcraig
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by seabhac View Post
Anyone know the best way to root the zio yet? and any word on when this 2.2 will come out? lol
http://blog.23corner.com/tag/universalandroot/
re: 2.1/2.2...read the prior posts in this thread.
Phone: GSIII
ROM: Unofficial AOKP Jellybean 4.2.2
My Blarg: A Geek In The Desert
My StatusNet instance: G, Not C
Twitter: rumbleghoti

Tags
2.2.1, android, update, zio