Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more

OFFICIAL: update.zip is finally here! :D

OP schwartzman93

31st August 2010, 08:47 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21

404 posts
More
Ladies and gentlemen, if you are getting impatient on waiting to get your scoop of FroYo...this is NOT the RUU, so it will not wipe any memory off your phone...PLEASE READ EVERYTHING CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU BEGIN!

Quick Note: While one of the great things about the update.zip is that you are not required to clear your memory...i have found from personal experience that your phone will run much smoother by doing a factory reset(much like it would by wiping your hard drive on the computer). This has nothing to do with the update.zip....people who recieved the OTA from Verizon have also reported lots of bugs with updating.

[COLOR="Red"]First off, ensure that you have the Stock 2.1 ROM with first OTA, it WILL NOT work otherwise.
software/Build version will read as the following: 1.22.605.2...if it is 1.22.605.0, the update wont work...please go here to update it http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...81#post7933281

Directions:
-Drop the update.zip provided at the bottom of the page on to the Root of your SD card.(Just to clarify the "root" of your sd card means you just drag and drop the file to your SD card. DO NOT put it in any folders!)

- Turn your phone off.
- Press and hold the Volume Down and Power at the same time to boot into HBOOT.
-
When the white HBOOT screen appears, use the volume button to move down to “RECOVERY.”
- Press the Power button to select “RECOVERY.”
- When the triangle and exclamation appears, hold the Volume Up and Power button at the same time.
- Using the volume button, scroll down to “apply sdcard:update.zip” and select it.
-Your phone should update now, but it will take some time

enjoy your FroYo everyone ...and a very special thanks to teslatech at Android Central for pulling the .zip from his phone

Update.zip here....http://www.4shared.com/file/aI_WeWN7/update.html

Or here...http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6MC4BIEG

All issues should be resolved at this point...PLEASE REPORT IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER ISSUES!

EDIT:>>>>>>>>Youur Baseband should read as followed to perform this update....1.00.03.04.06...if it doesnt please follow this link to downgrade your phone to stock Android 2.1 http://androidforums.com/incredible-...wngrading.html
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Follow this link for rooting directions AFTER you install the update.zip ...http://www.droid-life.com/2010/09/07...id-incredible/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	device.jpg
Views:	1099
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	392192   Click image for larger version

Name:	device2.jpg
Views:	1069
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	392193   Click image for larger version

Name:	device3.jpg
Views:	893
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	392194   Click image for larger version

Name:	adobe1.jpg
Views:	895
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	392195   Click image for larger version

Name:	widgets.jpg
Views:	929
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	392196  

Click image for larger version

Name:	flashlight.jpg
Views:	709
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	392197  
Last edited by schwartzman93; 1st March 2011 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Updated info
31st August 2010, 08:49 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 173

736 posts
Better link:

http://android.clients.google.com/pa...lease_sign.zip
31st August 2010, 08:52 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

404 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker7

Better link:

http://android.clients.google.com/pa...lease_sign.zip

thankyou, i wasnt sure how to make a link for it...but either way...i want everyone to thank him, lol...i was just complaining to someone else right before him about not putting the update up. So he is our savior
31st August 2010, 08:54 AM   |  #4  
Flag Mesa AZ
Thanks Meter: 556

2,314 posts
More
The assumption is that you download, rename as update.zip, place in your sdcard root and then go to recovery?
31st August 2010, 08:55 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

404 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krelvinaz

The assumption is that you download, rename as update.zip, place in your sdcard root and then go to recovery?

Im not completely sure yet...we are trying to figure that out over at android central...dont worry, i will have everything sorted out shortly
31st August 2010, 09:01 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 173

736 posts
Yes, that's all that's required, rename to update.zip, apply this.

Make sure you're software version is 1.22.605.2 before you apply this update. If you installed the OTA from a couple months ago, you should be fine.
31st August 2010, 09:13 AM   |  #7  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,591

1,358 posts
Donate to Me
If anyone still doubted the RUU was not the same as the OTA, it is. I've compared all the files which aren't patch files and they are identical matches.
31st August 2010, 09:16 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

404 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmk40

If anyone still doubted the RUU was not the same as the OTA, it is. I've compared all the files which aren't patch files and they are identical matches.

I never said it wasnt, did i?...some of us dont want to use the RUU, cuz it wipes the memory off the phone...the update.zip doesnt..and we have been scrambling for days to get it
31st August 2010, 09:24 AM   |  #9  
Flag Mesa AZ
Thanks Meter: 556

2,314 posts
More
Copied to update.zip on the sdcard, went to recovery.... just sits there with black device and red triangle !

Been about 5 mins, nothing further, no indication it saw anything.
31st August 2010, 09:25 AM   |  #10  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,591

1,358 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwartzman93

I never said it wasnt, did i?...some of us dont want to use the RUU, cuz it wipes the memory off the phone...the update.zip doesnt..and we have been scrambling for days to get it

If it sounded like I was downing getting the update.zip, sorry about that. That was not my intention. Thanks for getting it to us.

I was just pointing out for the folks who still thought it was different that I've done an MD5 comparison and they're identical.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread