XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] wifi hidden network ?

Tip us?

wolfen_at_max
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] wifi hidden network ?

cant get my captivate to connect to my hidden network. I set up the wifi on the phone and the key with my network un-hidden and it connects immediately. but with my network hidden it says that the network is out of range. New to android my last phone WM 6.5 had a "this network is hidden" button to tick and worked just fine. cant find an option like that on my captivate.

wolfen_at_max
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
100 views and no one has an idea???

Francesco45
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfen_at_max View Post
100 views and no one has an idea???
If the router has MAC addresses restricted it will not have the new phone in the authorized list. In order for me to use the wifi network at my daughter's house I have to install my new phone's mac address into the router's mac table.

Frank

wolfen_at_max
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
thx Frank but no its set for a wep key. when the router is un-hidden the IP and wep key work and i conect right way but when the SSID is hidden the phone cant find it and I cant figure out a way to tell the phone that its hidden.

nahrah
Old
Thanks Meter 22
That's weird my wifi is hidden with wep security and Mac address to allow and mine connects fine. I'm using a Linksys wrt110 router

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App
Current Device: Galaxy S3
Rom: CM10.1

Past Devices: SGS Captivate, Motorola Atrix, HTC Inspire 4g, Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

wolfen_at_max
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
just checked to make sure and yep mac filter is diabled so thats not it. its a linksys wrt54gs if that helps any

golemaw
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Try installing the HiddenSSID Enabler app form the market. People seem to get positive results.

wolfen_at_max
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thx I'll try that and report late tonight

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App

wolfen_at_max
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
That did it thank you very much. Didnt realize that this was an android issue and not a captivate specific issue...again thank you

techmik67
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfen_at_max View Post
That did it thank you very much. Didnt realize that this was an android issue and not a captivate specific issue...again thank you
I have my wireless network simply set not to broadcast, so it doesn't show up when scanning for wifi. I clicked ADD A NETWORK, typed in the network name, username and password and there we go. Don't know if that would have worked for you.
Skyrocket
Rom: CM-11 KitKat !!