Getting your phone ready for the FroYo update.zip!
Okay, so it seems we ran into a few issues with the installation
DO NOT run the FroYo update.zip unless the software information on your phone reads as followed:
Baseband should say 1.00.03.04.06
Software/Build number should say 1.22.605.2...if it is 1.22.605.0 please read the following instructions:
May OTA attached at the bottom of the thread thanks to wryun(note: i havent tested it, so any feedback on the zip would be great.)
-Drop the file on the root of your SD card.
- Turn your phone off.
- Press and hold the Volume Down and Power at the same time to boot into HBOOT.
When the white HBOOT screen appears, use the volume button to move down to “RECOVERY.”
- Press the Power button to select “RECOVERY.”
- When the triangle and exclamation appears, hold the Volume Up and Power button at the same time.
- Using the volume button, scroll down to “apply sdcard:update.zip” and select it.
- Make sure that the software now says 1.22.605.2[/COLOR]
Now go back to the update.zip on your sd card and delete...now you can proceed with the Froyo update.zip here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=770091