Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,303 Members 45,018 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Connect to Iwireless data network

Tip us?

laughslogan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Connect to Iwireless data network

I have just purchased an unlocked T-Mobile Vibrant and it works well with my carrier' voice network by just installing my current SIM card into it. My carrier is Iwireless. The problem is that I have been unable to connect to their data network. I have contacted customer service for Iwireless and have obtained the APN for their network but any assistance beyond that they are not really forthcoming since the Vibrant is not one of their phones.

Has anyone succeeded in using the Vibrant to connect to Iwireless' data network? I had hoped that since Iwireless was an affiliate of T-Mobile that there wouldn't be an issue with the data.

Any help, hint or tips will be appreciated.

dq13
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Since you already have the APN settings, go on the phone to settings-->Wireless and Networks-->Mobile Networks-->Access Point Names and there you can click the menu button (lower left corner) and select "add new APN" the put the settings they gave you and done... maybe restart the phone just in case after putting the new APN

laughslogan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I have already entered to APN I received from Iwireless and restarted the phone. Also from the Settings>Wireless and network>Mobile networks where I entered the APN, I go into "Network operators" and choose "Search now" to search for all available networks and this comes back with the Iwireless network IWS and also AT&T. When I select IWS it comes back and says that I am "Registered on network". I restart the phone and still no connection.

Are there other settings that need to be made?

Thanks.
Tags
data network, iwireless