FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

[Q] Can anyone with the Epic 4G confirm the lack of TV OUT?

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By SEANprizzle, Junior Member on 1st September 2010, 01:18 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I read on another site that Samsung/Sprint removed the TV OUT function from the EPIC 4G. I am specifically referring to the 3.5mm to RCA cable that would allow you to view whatever was on your phone on your TV.

I know that you can use the DLNA function to stream to your DLNA TV/PS3/XBOX or buy the USB to HDMI to do this but I already bought the NOKIA cables that would allow me to use the 3.5mm jack to do the same thing (though not HD) like you can on the Captivate and Vibrant.

Thanks to anyone who can take the time to confirm/deny this rumor. I sure hope this is BS coming from an EPIC hater.

BTW: I ordered my phones (1 for me and 1 for my wife) through Sprint Telesales and now have to wait for them to ship otherwise I would check this myself
Last edited by SEANprizzle; 1st September 2010 at 01:25 AM. Reason: Clarification

1st September 2010, 01:21 AM |#2  
Flag Va Beach / Hatteras NC
Thanks Meter: 936

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEANprizzle

I read on another site that Samsung/Sprint removed the TV OUT function from the EPIC 4G. I am specifically referring to the 3.5mm to RCA cable that would allow you to view whatever was on your phone on your TV.

I know that you can use the DLNA function to stream to your DLNA TV/PS3/XBOX or buy the USB to HDMI to do this but I already bought the NOKIA cables that would allow me to use the 3.5mm jack to do the same thing (though not HD) like you can on the Captivate and Vibrant.

Thanks to anyone who can take the time to confirm/deny this rumor. I sure hope this is BS coming from an EPIC hater.

Nope doesn't worked , Samsung & Sprint did the CDMA cripple,
1st September 2010, 01:26 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
There is no TV out with the Epic. It's been confirmed all over the internet. We can only hope it will be put back in once the Epic gets TW 3.0 + Froyo.
1st September 2010, 01:42 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydralisk

There is no TV out with the Epic. It's been confirmed all over the internet. We can only hope it will be put back in once the Epic gets TW 3.0 + Froyo.

SON OF A .....

This was a major feature that I was looking forward to using. It would have been great to use at hotels and my mom's where she is one step above rabbit ears

Would either of you know if the USB to HDMI cable would allow us to use the TV OUT function or is it DLNA only?
1st September 2010, 01:49 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
See also this thread. It started out focused on the TV out issue and related matters before it got hijacked.
1st September 2010, 05:53 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Thanks Boomer. I'll check it out.
4th October 2010, 10:11 PM |#7  
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 90

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydralisk

I think this is the only option we have. Although, can a stock i9000 ROM that has the TV out option be used on the Epic?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
epic 4g, galaxy s, samsung, sprint, tv out
Previous Thread Next Thread