Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Turn Your Camera Into a Live Puzzle Game

The classic sliding puzzle game hasnt changed much, if at all, over the years. Dating all the way … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Can anyone with the Epic 4G confirm the lack of TV OUT?

OP SEANprizzle

1st September 2010, 02:18 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
I read on another site that Samsung/Sprint removed the TV OUT function from the EPIC 4G. I am specifically referring to the 3.5mm to RCA cable that would allow you to view whatever was on your phone on your TV.

I know that you can use the DLNA function to stream to your DLNA TV/PS3/XBOX or buy the USB to HDMI to do this but I already bought the NOKIA cables that would allow me to use the 3.5mm jack to do the same thing (though not HD) like you can on the Captivate and Vibrant.

Thanks to anyone who can take the time to confirm/deny this rumor. I sure hope this is BS coming from an EPIC hater.

BTW: I ordered my phones (1 for me and 1 for my wife) through Sprint Telesales and now have to wait for them to ship otherwise I would check this myself
Last edited by SEANprizzle; 1st September 2010 at 02:25 AM. Reason: Clarification
1st September 2010, 02:21 AM   |  #2  
Flag Va Beach / Hatteras NC
Thanks Meter: 934

1,809 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEANprizzle

I read on another site that Samsung/Sprint removed the TV OUT function from the EPIC 4G. I am specifically referring to the 3.5mm to RCA cable that would allow you to view whatever was on your phone on your TV.

I know that you can use the DLNA function to stream to your DLNA TV/PS3/XBOX or buy the USB to HDMI to do this but I already bought the NOKIA cables that would allow me to use the 3.5mm jack to do the same thing (though not HD) like you can on the Captivate and Vibrant.

Thanks to anyone who can take the time to confirm/deny this rumor. I sure hope this is BS coming from an EPIC hater.

Nope doesn't worked , Samsung & Sprint did the CDMA cripple,
1st September 2010, 02:26 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 34

487 posts
There is no TV out with the Epic. It's been confirmed all over the internet. We can only hope it will be put back in once the Epic gets TW 3.0 + Froyo.
1st September 2010, 02:42 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydralisk

There is no TV out with the Epic. It's been confirmed all over the internet. We can only hope it will be put back in once the Epic gets TW 3.0 + Froyo.

SON OF A .....

This was a major feature that I was looking forward to using. It would have been great to use at hotels and my mom's where she is one step above rabbit ears

Would either of you know if the USB to HDMI cable would allow us to use the TV OUT function or is it DLNA only?
1st September 2010, 02:49 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 39

625 posts
See also this thread. It started out focused on the TV out issue and related matters before it got hijacked.
1st September 2010, 06:53 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Thanks Boomer. I'll check it out.
4th October 2010, 11:11 PM   |  #7  
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 88

1,147 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydralisk

I think this is the only option we have. Although, can a stock i9000 ROM that has the TV out option be used on the Epic?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
epic 4g, galaxy s, samsung, sprint, tv out
Previous Thread Next Thread