Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,051 Members 53,829 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Database Storage is getting Low ???

Tip us?

MrGibbage
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I had the same symptoms (red error message about the database). My web cache had bloated to 110MB. Deleted the cache today and so far so good.

iflyabeech
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by talltexan View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...se+Storage+Low

Check out this thread.

If you click on the memory card you can delete the Contacts (should be bloated 60mb+) I did this two weeks ago and haven't had a problem since.
x2.. same here
Samsung Galaxy S 4G
ROM: icbinb 2.3.7
CARD: 32gb class 6 SDcard

jwb009
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGibbage View Post
I had the same symptoms (red error message about the database). My web cache had bloated to 110MB. Deleted the cache today and so far so good.
I have the same issue, but i'm unable to delete the cache. The browser always force closes when I try. Trying to clear it from Manage Applications doesn't do anything either.

Is there any other way to clear the browser cache? Thanks

MrGibbage
Old
Thanks Meter 2
You might want to try one of the cache clearing tools in the market. You have to be root though. The cache clearing tools did not work for me, but they do work for some people. I was finally successful deleting the cache from the browser settings, but apparently that is not working for you.

Worst case, you may have to factory reset.

jwb009
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGibbage View Post
You might want to try one of the cache clearing tools in the market. You have to be root though. The cache clearing tools did not work for me, but they do work for some people. I was finally successful deleting the cache from the browser settings, but apparently that is not working for you.

Worst case, you may have to factory reset.
Thanks...tried all the cache clearing on the Market and they didn't work, but doing a 'Clear Data' instead of Clear Cache worked in Manage Applications. Now all is well again.

Sef_P1000
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by iflyabeech View Post
x2.. same here
great! I just lost my contacts!
good thing i have a back up somewhere...

just see click the red mem card icon on the notification, then browse through the apps that are bloated with data, mine was samsung apps (after an update).. clear this data and you're back to ok.