Bulgarian keyboard for HD2/WVGA devices with EzInput

Search This thread

deckoff

Mar 23, 2008
Sofia
Hello.
This is phonetic BG layout for anyone who might want one.

1) The thing comes in a cab file
2) After install we have two languages left - English and Russian ( Russian base used for Bulgarian)
3) Quick button to change between layouts !!!!

The "ь" "ю" letters are above "ц" "м" respectively, I found it to be easier to type this way, than adding 2 more keys.

I couldnt fix the t9 layouts for phone and compact keyboards, and would suggest to delete the compact one ( or use it in Russian layout, your call) to do so:
HKLM\Software\HTC\ezsip\SIPItemName\ delete the key with value Compact QWERTY

Restart!!!

This release comes in two versions.Here is why.
I found that HD2 dialer enables predictive search in your contacts in Bulgarian ( so-called cyrillic alphabet is supported, along with Latin). So I found where the different letters where mapped to , and created a skin that shows the Bulgarian letters with phone dialer skin changed ( Bulgarian Alphabet added to the skin) and with no changes to the phone skin. Changes shown on picture below.

The cab adds no functionality. It comes with the phone - the skin only visualizes where to press to get the needed symbol

You can choose between:
View attachment 400555 - The cab I use.
View attachment 400554 - This version does not change the phone canvas.

Versions
0.1 - Test release, with French layout modified.
1.1 - First major release, based on Russian layout, based on Football Russian cab
1.2 - @ symbol bug in mail mode fixed.
1.2.5 - Fixes Cab install bug
1.2.7 - XT9 button location fixed
1.4.1 - When changing from BG to EN, feedback now works. The "Ю" location was set above "M", "(" was added.
1.4.5 - Added .com, .bg and others on symbols page 2

To be done

1. I will add some symbols to the symbols layout
2. Version with new places for the arrow keys(Old will remain)
3. Will post tutorial how to modify anything I know how to be modified (aka how to create BDS layout, how to change the look of the keyboard)

Big THANK YOU goes to kuwait, for doing everything possible to help me!!!

What else can you download here - things you can use to modify the behaviour of the keyboard

View attachment index_rus.xml.zip- Sets the length of vibration back to default(3). The cab I provide sets it to 1(cos I like it better this way). To do it - extract the file inside, copy it in "\windows" folder. Allow overwriting of the old file. Use Resco or other 3rd party manager to overwrite. This file should be used only if you want to set vibration back to default.

View attachment 397174 - I added files that I found in the SE Xperia 2 software and refer to Bulgarian.

View attachment 397779 -separate cab for changing the phone canvas

PLEASE REMOVE ANY OLDER VERSIONS OF THE CAB BEFORE INSTALL

Still looking for a way to edit XT9 kdb files....

Last edited:

kuwait

Jan 24, 2008
Your efforts are most appreciated.
(Благодаря много)
May you make it for all keyboard views? They are rare used but now looks unfinished.
Also providing of CAB is appreciated for easy removal if such is necessary.

By the way small letter ь is not changing to capital letter Ь when switching to capital letters layout. Also ABC button is not changing to 123 when switching between letters / digits layout. But these are minor disadvantages. Many thanks for the keyboard.

Is it not easier to take this Russian keyboard :

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=5132812&postcount=2

and modify to Bulgarian layout?

Last edited:

deckoff

Mar 23, 2008
Sofia
May you make it for all keyboard views? They are rare used but now looks unfinished.
I have a problem editing Compact QWERTY layout - I am able to change the symbols that appear on the screen, but the input stays french??? So I need help changing it
Also providing of CAB is appreciated for easy removal if such is necessary.
Hopefully, it will be done.
By the way small letter ь is not changing to capital letter Ь when switching to capital letters layout.
Well, capital "ь" does not exist in Bulgarian - I can add it , but the only use of it is you write in CAPSLOCK :)
Also ABC button is not changing to 123 when switching between letters / digits layout.
Working on it at the moment.
Thanx for the tips and the feedback, I need any info to make it better :):)I will check the link

kuwait

Jan 24, 2008
Two years ago I converted Football Russian layout for original HD keyboard to Bulgarian layout. But now I have no time to do same for Football_touch_HD2_Keyboard (Russian layout for original HD2 kayboard).
I still think this is the easiest/fastest way to make Bulgarian layout for HD2 and suggest you to go this way.

deckoff

Mar 23, 2008
Sofia
Well, the cab I see consists of some picture files, a dll file, a mui file and some reg entries. Since the dll file is the biggest in size i suppose this is the location of the layouts.
BUT... I dont know how to edit it. If you can help me with some info how to edit the file, I will do the rest.
I wrote to the one who posted the keyboard,too.

PsIcHoTeaM

Jan 9, 2010
Burgas
Great Job man

This is great job man , it`s very helpful for BG users.
(Браво, страхотна работа, Надявам се да я доразвиеш.)

Мисля че трябва да си имаме и БГ раздел в този форум.... :)

deckoff

Mar 23, 2008
Sofia
I will post it in pocketbulgaria soon. Right now I managed to find most of the files the "football keyboard" refers to, I am doing a new one with bg/en toggle button. I have problem fixing the input of phone and compact keyboards. The letters shown are changed but the actual input is not. I simpy cannot find the files that control the input of these two layouts. It is strange, that the encoding in all 4 layouts is coded in similar xml files, but the behaviour is not!!!!
The other limitation is the sign "Russian" in the keyboard menu, that most probably will stay...

Last edited:

kak_e

Jul 29, 2009
I cut official 1.66 ROM with ROMeditor. Free space after - 215 MB. Where and how to post it. (Здравейте, понеже ми омръзна да сменям рома, а съм най доволен от официалния и ми е необходимо място, затова го орязах. Мога да го споделя с вас. Премахнал съм копилот, мелодии, картини, стария фейсбуук, гмапс...)
Sorry for offtopic!

Last edited:

deckoff

Mar 23, 2008
Sofia
I cut official 1.66 ROM with ROMeditor. Free space after - 215 MB. Where and how to post it. (Здравейте, понеже ми омръзна да сменям рома, а съм най доволен от официалния и ми е необходимо място, затова го орязах. Мога да го споделя с вас. Премахнал съм копилот, мелодии, картини, стария фейсбуук, гмапс...)
Sorry for offtopic!

Well, posting ROM should be done in ROMs subsection. Original ROM without crappy software is a good idea. I think there is a limitation of the size of the files one can upload. So, probably, rapidshare or mediafile or s/t.

Bye

Edit:
Well does anyone know a way toopen and edit kbd and lbd files???

Last edited:

deckoff

Mar 23, 2008
Sofia
1) unzip
2) copy the files to SDcard
3) the files are selected and copied to /windows folder. The default "FileExplorer" will no work.I use Resco, to do it,I choose copy to function and choose the folder
4)RESTART and choose french

PS A cab file, with better functions will be available in day or so.

BG translation
1)
2) Копираме на СД картата
3) Файловете се копират във /windows на основната памет. Не сатава със вградения , аз използвам Resco File Explorer
4)

PS До ден каб файл със всичко.

bnn72

May 18, 2010
Plovdiv
Congrats for the great working deckoff. I have only an issue.

Поздравления за великолептната работа deckoff. Имам само един проблем.

Attachments

• 2010-09-06_12-29-52-.jpg
    2010-09-06_12-29-52-.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 175

kuwait

Jan 24, 2008
Many thanks for your awesome job.
Please advise the name of file which contains the dialer graphics. I wold like to make different layout of letters similar like this:

35405615.png

Top Liked Posts