[SHW-m110s] Korean Anycall Galaxy S, Thread/FAQ/ReadMe/Discussion/Questions

8th January 2011, 06:39 PM   |  #1521  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
I have just updated my SGS SHW-M110S (purchased in S. Korea) via Kies, and am now running the following:

FROYO, F/Ware 2.2.1 on Rogers (w/a Rogers SIM)

I can get 'indicated 3G' if I enable 3G, and restart the phone, but the download speeds are horrendously slow (mobilespeedtest.com) indicated < 28Kpbs downlink. Further, the device keeps switching back into 2G mode with slow data speeds.

I have spoken with Rogers Tech-support and they won't of course support an unlocked phone.

Any thoughts on how I might get quicker downlink speeds? HSDPA should work with a SHW-M110S, according to the specs (and what is listed as live networks for Rogers).

Please note I have already searched this forum (and the broader internet) and I don't see any concrete steps on how to fix this.

Any help much appreciated.
8th January 2011, 06:59 PM   |  #1522  
Flag Tver
Thanks Meter: 3

7 posts
More
hi all.
more than a month does not seem to update m110s and have to ask you for help. I bought phone on Ebay, and the seller (a German) flashed the firmware from european i9000. phone not working. I was able to flash it DI29 with param.lfs and dbdata.lfs from the European rom. so everything works fine. but I can not upgrade to SK05, SK22, SL28 because the internal SD and internal phone storage unavailable. When I flash the kernel from DI29 to SK05 SK22 SL28 all is fine, storage is available, but this is not good. with firmware early di29 phone will not boot. KIES update does not work.
Please help.
9th January 2011, 12:26 AM   |  #1523  
Thanks Meter: 46

669 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogun

hi all.
more than a month does not seem to update m110s and have to ask you for help. I bought phone on Ebay, and the seller (a German) flashed the firmware from european i9000. phone not working. I was able to flash it DI29 with param.lfs and dbdata.lfs from the European rom. so everything works fine. but I can not upgrade to SK05, SK22, SL28 because the internal SD and internal phone storage unavailable. When I flash the kernel from DI29 to SK05 SK22 SL28 all is fine, storage is available, but this is not good. with firmware early di29 phone will not boot. KIES update does not work.
Please help.

First, I haven't flashed anything with odin, just tried to get heimdall working yesterday actually, but it can't recognize the device. That said, is it possible this is a partitioning problem? My understanding is that the pit file tells odin how to repartition the device. I'm pretty sure the m110s.pit is different than the pits used by the european roms. You may need to include the pit and check repartition. Koe has some instructions on page 7 that nobody is supposed to ever use. Maybe you are a special case.
9th January 2011, 03:22 AM   |  #1524  
Thanks Meter: 550

1,426 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gto406

I have just updated my SGS SHW-M110S (purchased in S. Korea) via Kies, and am now running the following:

FROYO, F/Ware 2.2.1 on Rogers (w/a Rogers SIM)

I can get 'indicated 3G' if I enable 3G, and restart the phone, but the download speeds are horrendously slow (mobilespeedtest.com) indicated < 28Kpbs downlink. Further, the device keeps switching back into 2G mode with slow data speeds.

I have spoken with Rogers Tech-support and they won't of course support an unlocked phone.

Any thoughts on how I might get quicker downlink speeds? HSDPA should work with a SHW-M110S, according to the specs (and what is listed as live networks for Rogers).

Please note I have already searched this forum (and the broader internet) and I don't see any concrete steps on how to fix this.

Any help much appreciated.

SKT Admin menu (general settings, such as: network, system, sms, etc.)

From the dialer enter: 319712358
You will be prompted for a pasword: 774632

I cannot recommend anything specific but you will find menus that allow you to change network settings. Be careful though.
The Following User Says Thank You to koe1974 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th January 2011, 03:32 AM   |  #1525  

1,426 posts
Anyone have any issues with the device fingerprint of SL28 and the market? I'm having issues with an app named Pure Calendar Widget (agenda). I'm not the only one, I have found other Koreans saying it can't be found after updating. The developer has been excellent but Google hasn't been very responsive to the problem.

I bought the app, it shows in my Google Checkout history along with other apps I have bought. All others download and install fine but this one does not. Here is what the developer had to say ... http://koxx3.wordpress.com/2009/11/2...or-some-users/

Now here is the real pain. So just say I decide to buy it again, well you can't because it doesn't even show up in the market.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?

For the time being I am going back to a stock SL28 and see if that works. Annoying.
Last edited by koe1974; 9th January 2011 at 03:58 AM.
9th January 2011, 03:39 AM   |  #1526  

1,426 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by appagom

Koe has some instructions on page 7 that nobody is supposed to ever use. Maybe you are a special case.

@gogun - If you need the files I will upload them BUT you're on your own. That happened a long time ago so what is written there is all the info and details I can give you. PM me if you want me to make the files available.
9th January 2011, 04:05 AM   |  #1527  
Flag Seoul
Thanks Meter: 50

256 posts
More
I tried looking for the beautiful calendar widgets too.couldn't find it. Note: I have my market pointed to US AT&T, and I couldn't find it there.

I think this is a developer issue. Correct me if I'm wrong but developers can apply an OS filter when they deploy so that it won't show up in the user market unless the user meets the OS filter criteria.

On a side note, anytime know a good alternative to swype? I'm getting sick and tired of correcting the auto fill errors. I can hunt and peck on a regular keyboard faster than this.
9th January 2011, 04:28 AM   |  #1528  
Thanks Meter: 3

37 posts
SL28's videoplayer is support subtitles right now
9th January 2011, 04:36 AM   |  #1529  

1,426 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapu

I tried looking for the beautiful calendar widgets too.couldn't find it. Note: I have my market pointed to US AT&T, and I couldn't find it there.

I think this is a developer issue. Correct me if I'm wrong but developers can apply an OS filter when they deploy so that it won't show up in the user market unless the user meets the OS filter criteria.

I think it is a combination of the developer choosing to apply the filtering, the manufacturer informing Google of firmware updates and Google acknowledging the changes.

I'm going I've switched back to SK22, (everything working as it should) and will check back when HD Video Call service goes online on the 16th. Maybe they will have all figured it out by then.

If anything changes and you are able to get the app will you let me know?
Last edited by koe1974; 9th January 2011 at 05:29 AM.
9th January 2011, 05:25 AM   |  #1530  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lippstadt
Thanks Meter: 32

730 posts
Donate to Me
More
@GTO, you can always try contacting SKT as well. I've never heard of them unlocking phones, but since you aren't using the phone in Korea they might be willing to help you out, they'll be able to help you in English if you ask, "young-a mal joo-say-yo."

The Following User Says Thank You to alovell83 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
anycall, korea, korean, shw-m110s, shwm110s
Previous Thread Next Thread