Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,470 Members 41,176 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SHW-m110s] Korean Anycall Galaxy S, Thread/FAQ/ReadMe/Discussion/Questions

Tip us?

sirphunkee
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 96

DONATE TO ME
Note: we (mods) are discussing the best way to combine/organize all the Galaxy S sections for ease of use.

In the meantime, I'm making this thread a sticky in this section for easy reference, 'till we determine if it will get it's own section in the long run.

TESTER OF DA FUNK_____________________________________________

(T-Mobile US HD2)
ROM: 2.10.531.1 (82076) WWE/5.2.21889 (Stock 6.5)
Sense: 2.5.2012
Radio: 2.08.50.08_2

(T-Mobile US TouchPro2)
ROM: 1.91.531.4 (74508) WWE/5.2.21881 (Stock 6.5)
Sense: 2.1.1921
Radio: 4.49.25.57

"And asking which [ROM] is the best is a lot like asking 10 guys in a bar what the best beer in the world is."

Girlfriend not getting your SMS messages? SOLVED! (Must try EVERY step!)

PLEASE VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE HTC DEVICE OF 2010

*PhunkPhund*

alovell83
Old
(Last edited by alovell83; 4th September 2010 at 07:48 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by vragon View Post
I found these at an korean site.
It's used with odin to root the phone.
NOT TESTED
hope this help
link here:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...=&oq=&gs_rfai=
Your link is more recent than mine, I think there is some merits to using both, I think the method I have is safer and doesn't use ODIN but it'll take some research. I'll see if I can look into it tomorrow 3 am right now. In any case, I appreciate the search and the links.

*Edit* As I said before, I think the way I have posted is preferred by the Korean community, the most recent, popular hack going on there links to mine. According to the discussion at matp, I think there's a smaller chance of bricking with the method I posted. However, also like I said before, I think thought there might be merits to both, so I'll put your link on the front page as an option to those who want to use Odin. Either way, thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllGamer View Post
i think we should link all the other relevant Korean Galaxy S question to this topic, for a quick and easy index

i'll add them here as i find them

Korean Galaxy S Missing Features and Laggy
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=731466

[Q] Updating a Korean Galaxy S on a Mac
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=766310

Anycall Galaxy S?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=761040

Anycall Galaxy S?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=761095

Korea Figures
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=758447

Official firmware DG07 pushed out in Korea via Kies
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=725407

Android 2.2 coming to Galaxy S. Starting with the Korean version.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=723713
I definitely contemplated it, especially the most recently active thread. You have more experience here so I'll defer to your wisdom, so there wouldn't be much hard in essentially "bumping" those other threads by posting a link to here? Or is there another method that's preferable? The one thing about the most recently active thread was two people were having the same issue and I wasn't sure if they'd be in contact there. I definitely want them to be in contact in one place or the other, so bumping that might actually do them some good. I'll post the link there now.

One more question. I plan, or at least planned, on posting when we receive Froyo in a new thread (I think it'll at least give the community the "update is around the corner" feeling that they desperately crave) and they won't be going out of there way to be looking here. Also, it seems to be the general community practice, even posting rumors they here from some guy in a kiosk . Do you advise against me starting a new thread when that occurs? I could always still link here even though I think it'd be expected that a lot of the initial discussion would occur there.
Galaxy Nex running AOSPA

********Retired************
Motorola Triumph
Galaxy S, SHW-m110s, Korean version

AllGamer
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1,578

DONATE TO ME
thanks for the update sirphunkee , it's good to know the idea hasn't been dropped.

Donation is appreciated but not required, a cup of Coffee would suffice

Samsung i9000m: on CM10
Samsung Nexus S: on JB 4.2.2
Samsung Galaxy S II SGH-T989: on CM10
Samsung Galaxy NOTE SGH-i717r: on CM10
Samsung Galaxy NOTE 3 SM-N900W8: stock 4.3

AllGamer
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1,578

DONATE TO ME
alovell83, feel free to create new topics for worthy information, as most likely people would like to add feedback, etc

you don't want everything in this topic, else it will become a big mess, so instead we'll use this stickied topic as an index for all new Korea SGS related topic discussions, and important announcements.

until we learn the fate of the Admin decision on how to improve the SGS family forums

alovell83
Old
(Last edited by alovell83; 3rd September 2010 at 07:25 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32

DONATE TO ME
Good to hear on both the integration and the sticky, sirphunkee, thanks! We're feeling more welcome here already! But now you make me wish I wrote a better thread, well, it's already Saturday here so I guess I can get to my planned improvements when I wake up. Hopefully work on getting a 3-button equipped SGS as well so I can get some better rooting info available. More importantly, I'll probably, finally, register at matpclub and tell them we have a special section over here and looking to share best practices with there community.
Galaxy Nex running AOSPA

Motorola Triumph

AllGamer
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1,578

DONATE TO ME
you might want to write up something for your fellow Koreans, about the trick to warm up the phone to enable the 3 button download mode.

I still can not believe it myself, but there have been mixed reports from people saying yes it works (3 buttons did not work before the heat), and no it doesn't work

so i'm really confused, but it's worth a try for a few guys that got the Korea SGS and got stuck because the ROM Flash failed

sirphunkee
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 96

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllGamer View Post
thanks for the update sirphunkee , it's good to know the idea hasn't been dropped.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alovell83 View Post
Good to hear on both the integration and the sticky, sirphunkee, thanks! We're feeling more welcome here already! But now you make me wish I wrote a better thread, well, it's already Saturday here so I guess I can get to my planned improvements when I wake up. Hopefully work on getting a 3-button equipped SGS as well so I can get some better rooting info available. More importantly, I'll probably, finally, register at matpclub and tell them we have a special section over here and looking to share best practices with there community.
No prob I too would love to see a better organization of all the Galaxy sections...and I think the odds are very good that the final structure will be at least very similar to what's been proposed in AllGamer's poll (which is what we're using as the reference in the mod discussions).

Anyway, thanks for both of your efforts on all this, it is very much appreciated by both myself and the other users around here!

TESTER OF DA FUNK_____________________________________________

(T-Mobile US HD2)
ROM: 2.10.531.1 (82076) WWE/5.2.21889 (Stock 6.5)
Sense: 2.5.2012
Radio: 2.08.50.08_2

(T-Mobile US TouchPro2)
ROM: 1.91.531.4 (74508) WWE/5.2.21881 (Stock 6.5)
Sense: 2.1.1921
Radio: 4.49.25.57

"And asking which [ROM] is the best is a lot like asking 10 guys in a bar what the best beer in the world is."

Girlfriend not getting your SMS messages? SOLVED! (Must try EVERY step!)

PLEASE VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE HTC DEVICE OF 2010

*PhunkPhund*
vragon Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by alovell83 View Post
Your link is more recent than mine, I think there is some merits to using both, I think the method I have is safer and doesn't use ODIN but it'll take some research. I'll see if I can look into it tomorrow 3 am right now. In any case, I appreciate the search and the links.
Since we can root the device, in theory we can easily fix the 70 chars limited sms and so on...

alovell83
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by vragon View Post
Since we can root the device, in theory we can easily fix the 70 chars limited sms and so on...
For people using the device outside of Korea, please fix for yourself. For domestic users who text alot, I wouldn't look for a fix, I'm under the impression you'll be charged for 4 texts if you use 241 bytes. While if you use MMS instead (the default when you go 81+ bytes) is counted as 1 message.

You need to have 3G on to send the MMS, which used to be annoying for me because I used to leave 3G off bc of 500mb limit, but they just started their unlimited data program so I now use 3G on 90% of the day.

In any case, do what is convenient for you.
Galaxy Nex running AOSPA

Motorola Triumph

chester_go
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks for creating this thread alovell83.

Just to clear things out for FAQ #3, I was able to solve the issue PERMANENTLY by:
-Removing the SIM card
-Placing it in another phone that has the "My Number" option (I used an iPhone, heard that older Sony Ericssons work too.)
-Entering my own number in international format (+63917~) (Prior to this, "Unknown" was also shown in the iPhone.)
-Inserting the SIM back to the M110s.

There

PS I wasn't able to reply to you in the other thread, but 3G works now. I just had to enable data roaming on startup and use apndroid (avail. in market) to switch data on/off.

Tags
anycall, korea, korean, shw-m110s, shwm110s