Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,098 Members 46,941 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SHW-m110s] Korean Anycall Galaxy S, Thread/FAQ/ReadMe/Discussion/Questions

Tip us?

ulk026
Old
Thanks Meter 1
any one know is their any possibility to have TV-out in galaxy s m110s korean through AV cable as m110s and i9000 have the same chipset correct me if I am wrong please any one can port the Tv-out firmware functionalilty as i9000 has to m110s or their is already any rom avalable to do that.

Wapu
Old
Thanks Meter 50
No TV out on M110S because it has DMB tuner.

Sent from my SHW-M110S using xda premium
Galaxy S3, SHV-210S
Android 4.1.2 MF1, Rooted w/ Tegrak Kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to Wapu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

M@31
Old
Thanks Meter 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapu View Post
I find Titanium Backup is the most reliable for app/data backups, then drag/drop directory to PC.

Also, I use normal ROM w/ Tegrak Kernel. I see you have Nakyup... How do you like that comparatively?
I have Titanium Backup, but I do not have an external SD card....does that matter?
I can just drag and drop the files using the computer? Thats pretty sweet, didn't know that!

I love the Nakyup.
I used to use stock ROM with Tegrak as well, but Nakyup is just more simple.
It comes installed with some of their own apps:

-OC - up to 1.5, but Im afraid of that, so I keep mine at 1.3 (still pretty fast!!)
-Themes for the phone (Im currently using Gold and Blue Theme)
-Reboot app for rebooting in download, recovery mode or normal reboot
SD format
-An app that is similar to Titanium where you can delete and restore any apps on your phone
-Another one where you can backup or restore the phone data or game/app data
-The last one where you can change any of your apps or programs to onenand (Im not sure what that is to be honest)

Anyways, tons of options and easy to use.....and not as many bloatware apps on it as well.

Id give it a go, I like it better than stock with Tergrak to be honest
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE-A (SM-N900S)
[I]Stock Jelly Bean 3.4 (not rooted)

Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (SHV-E210S)
Stock Jelly Bean 3.4 (not rooted)

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (SHW-M380W - Transformed into GT-P7510)
Fourth Bar: Revolution with Yoda's Kernel v2.2

Samsung Galaxy S SHW-M110S - Retired

M@31
Old
Thanks Meter 413
I need something to occupy myself on this long weekend (Lunar New Year in Asia).
Need some cool games, apps or something to do with my phone.

phukol
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Red face happy new year to all

yes, sorry to m@31. its true i havent helped anyone yet, that is because i havent fixed my problem yet specifically to m130k. xda has really helped me in my flashing skills, but all i can fix are the stuff with support like m110s and gt-I900. so i dont think i need to further flood this board with those information that gets repeated daily. anyway, you meant no harm as i know, your protecting the forum from unnecessary posts, but believe me, i have searched xda and google for almost 3 months already and support for a FULL ROM for m130k with boot, cache, dbdata.rfs and etc has been ZERO. i live in the philippines and i have korean friends, and i really appreciate how koreans are helpful and nice persons. that is why hopefully all those who can understand korean posts and apps in naver and the likes can help post something useful in the thread i have made for m130k,m180 and the "other galaxy" phones. how i really wish i live in korea as their service center there is great. happy new year to all.
The Following User Says Thank You to phukol For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

M@31
Old
Thanks Meter 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by phukol View Post
yes, sorry to m@31. its true i havent helped anyone yet, that is because i havent fixed my problem yet specifically to m130k. xda has really helped me in my flashing skills, but all i can fix are the stuff with support like m110s and gt-I900. so i dont think i need to further flood this board with those information that gets repeated daily. anyway, you meant no harm as i know, your protecting the forum from unnecessary posts, but believe me, i have searched xda and google for almost 3 months already and support for a FULL ROM for m130k with boot, cache, dbdata.rfs and etc has been ZERO. i live in the philippines and i have korean friends, and i really appreciate how koreans are helpful and nice persons. that is why hopefully all those who can understand korean posts and apps in naver and the likes can help post something useful in the thread i have made for m130k,m180 and the "other galaxy" phones. how i really wish i live in korea as their service center there is great. happy new year to all.
Ive been searching as well for some infor on the m130k.....and still searching.
Will keep you posted if I find anything.
Happy New Year as well

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

Here is a link to some m130k ROMS......

http://hi.baidu.com/thangou/blog/ite...fb311c71b.html

The Following User Says Thank You to M@31 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

phukol
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default thanks

thanks,ive also exhausted efforts for those, i have searched a ton of korean and chinese site but the closest thing i got was the repaire.zip file for m110s using google translate, which has support for pit repartition, this can was also mentioned here in our post a few pages back. i am thinking someone, hopefully could dump files from their working m130k such as dbdata, cache and create a flashable odin tar file with the possibility for pit repartition. i will try to post all the information i have collected in this page http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1454944 , i will try to add everything that i have learned as time permits. thank you and happy lunar new year!

ulk026
Old
(Last edited by ulk026; 22nd January 2012 at 06:37 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by M@31 View Post
I have Titanium Backup, but I do not have an external SD card....does that matter?
I can just drag and drop the files using the computer? Thats pretty sweet, didn't know that!

I love the Nakyup.
I used to use stock ROM with Tegrak as well, but Nakyup is just more simple.
It comes installed with some of their own apps:

-OC - up to 1.5, but Im afraid of that, so I keep mine at 1.3 (still pretty fast!!)
-Themes for the phone (Im currently using Gold and Blue Theme)
-Reboot app for rebooting in download, recovery mode or normal reboot
SD format
-An app that is similar to Titanium where you can delete and restore any apps on your phone
-Another one where you can backup or restore the phone data or game/app data
-The last one where you can change any of your apps or programs to onenand (Im not sure what that is to be honest)

Anyways, tons of options and easy to use.....and not as many bloatware apps on it as well.

Id give it a go, I like it better than stock with Tergrak to be honest
hi M@31 just have 1 Requests and 3 Question as i have seen you have been doing experiments using stock roms on m110s so please guide me in a better way...

Request: Can you upload a video on youtube or if their is any link to video where I can see Nakyup 4.2 rom option and interface
Qusetions: How to get stock rom for m110s, how to root m110s, where i can get CMW5 to use update in recovery mode as their is no option to update through SD in stock romI am new to android have used galaxy ace before but this version is quiet differnet even Check Fus 2.1 do not have stock rom recovery. Thanks for any help actually a bit afraid of bricking my phone so being conscious as a learner.

Galaxy S Model:SWH-M110S Korean version
Firmware version: 2.3.6
Kernel vesrion: 2.6.35.7

M@31
Old
Thanks Meter 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulk026 View Post
hi M@31 just have 1 Requests and 3 Question as i have seen you have been doing experiments using stock roms on m110s so please guide me in a better way...

Request: Can you upload a video on youtube or if their is any link to video where I can see Nakyup 4.2 rom option and interface
Qusetions: How to get stock rom for m110s, how to root m110s, where i can get CMW5 to use update in recovery mode as their is no option to update through SD in stock romI am new to android have used galaxy ace before but this version is quiet differnet even Check Fus 2.1 do not have stock rom recovery. Thanks for any help actually a bit afraid of bricking my phone so being conscious as a learner.

Galaxy S Model:SWH-M110S Korean version
Firmware version: 2.3.6
Kernel vesrion: 2.6.35.7

Hey,

Here is a video of Nakyup in use (a bit old, but pretty much the same)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVHsmrfMlBs

Here is a link to the exact instructions on how to load a custom ROM or Kernel.
Rooting these days is automatically with each ROM/Kernel, so you do not need to root yourself. I originally found that the Tegrak kernel was the easiest to root with only one click, but with Nakyup, it is automatically done.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=507

I really have no idea what CMW5 is.
As for recovery and download modes, there is an app with Nakyup ROM that allows you to do that.

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

Also, if you look a few pages back, there are lots of links for stock or nakyup roms.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M@31 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ulk026
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default thanks

Thanks for your advice.

Tags
anycall, korea, korean, shw-m110s, shwm110s