I just recently acquired a used Galaxy S1, and I've been reading this thread for several hours already, so before I actually get started on updating everthing, I'd like to run it by you guys first.
Model Number: SHW-M110S
Firmware Version: 2.2.1
Kernel Version: 184.108.40.206
Build Number: FROYO.TA28
I downloaded this:
Originally Posted by M@31
Got Nakyup VK22 4.2!
ROM - (Can't post links as it's my first post XD)
And I'm following these instructions:
1. Turn off Galaxy S then press On and Home Button at the same time to access download mode
2 Open ODIN and connect the Galaxy S to the PC
3. Tick the box beside PDA Button and click the PDA button also
4. Locate the ROM
5. Click the Start Button and wait until the message on the box says "Pass"
6. Your Device will reboot
7. Unplug the Device and check the Firmware under "ABOUT PHONE"
8. Finish Flashing
9. Turn off the Galaxy S
10. Press and Hold the ON/OFF and HOME button again until you see the yellow triangle
11. Run ODIN again and Connect the Device to the USB
12. Tick again the box beside PDA Button and click the PDA button also
13. Locate the Kernel
14. Click the Start Button and wait until the message on the box says "Pass"
15. The device will be reboot.
Is everything in order?
Also, how will I be able to root my phone? Do I just grab the Tegrak Kernel Application on the Market and enable the lagfix and rooting?
Thanks a bunch!