XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SHW-m110s] Korean Anycall Galaxy S, Thread/FAQ/ReadMe/Discussion/Questions

Tip us?

oniemusha
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgvny2k View Post
It sounds logical. Nakyup ROMs put many applications in system. I do not like it that way but I did not know or was not sure what apps should be safely removed.
M@31 already described some applications. It may be more helpful if you can list the important applications which should not be removed. To tell you the truth, I do not dare to touch "T start" applications.

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

As people says in just previous few posts, you can flash Tegrak kernel and use Tegrak app to do the job.
Update: It's M@31's post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1#post23858311
Thanks. It really a great help!

M@31
Old
Thanks Meter 405
Quote:
It sounds logical. Nakyup ROMs put many applications in system. I do not like it that way but I did not know or was not sure what apps should be safely removed.
M@31 already described some applications. It may be more helpful if you can list the important applications which should not be removed. To tell you the truth, I do not dare to touch "T start" applications.
I try not to touch any of the "T" apps either....never know what it will do!
hahahaha

I have frozen that VMS app and it doesnt seem to have done anything wrong.
It comes with Nakyup as well, but I dont think it is important.

The only other Nakyup apps that you may want to keep are the ThemeSet, UnRoot, Rebook, and Overclocking apps.....

But, it all depends on need I suppose.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE-A (SM-N900S)
[I]Stock Jelly Bean 3.4 (not rooted)

Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (SHV-E210S)
Stock Jelly Bean 3.4 (not rooted)

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (SHW-M380W - Transformed into GT-P7510)
Fourth Bar: Revolution with Yoda's Kernel v2.2

Samsung Galaxy S SHW-M110S - Retired

vision2040
Old
(Last edited by vision2040; 22nd March 2012 at 08:37 AM.)
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
yes its risky but its just an option, i try that cuz' i love CF3D app. also for some tegra games that we cannot use in our phone, all T apps. still in my phone i only try to remove 1 news app. i can read korean news but i cant acctually understand what i am reading hahaha! as far as i know some of the T apps was not yet fully installed if you run the main T app. supported apps will automatically installed to your phone.

just some nakyup program can do the job, like the UNROOT app. with 5mb of capacity,i use minitool to partition my MMS so also uninstall SDFORMAT,Titanium Back up for baking up my apps so DATASAFE also remove, i think this apps actually for korean users many Korean cant understand English how they can use apps that only english language is supported and viseversa,VMS also remove, so far i dont see any problem with my phone while enjoying my tegra games

again this is JUST AN OPTION dont try it if you think it can harm your phone
Lg Optimus 2x su660 ... Nova HD RC19-35 + wkpark 3.0 kernel
Galaxy S M110s ... Stock wc13 + icarus speedmood kernel

renegade16
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision2040 View Post
@renegade16

this one works for me,backup all your files, reboot to recovery then wipe factory reset,download and install ROOT UNINSTALLER, and uninstall some of the nakyup system apps that you are not actually using like UNROOT,GSBAN,NEWS etc.. i only left the theme changer and overclock apps.install your CF3D first before restoring your backup files.

I hope this one also works to you!

....MABUHAY....

Thanks a lot!!its works!!I deleted some apps and ringtone on my /system via root explorer...

I open my Root Explorer - /system and i choose the App folder to delete some system apps...And media folder...in media folder i deleted some ringtones to make some space, and KABOOM!!!!My drivers have installed!! now i can download and play HD games...thanks!!

oh and thanks M@31 for responding

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by M@31 View Post
I try not to touch any of the "T" apps either....never know what it will do!
hahahaha

I have frozen that VMS app and it doesnt seem to have done anything wrong.
It comes with Nakyup as well, but I dont think it is important.

The only other Nakyup apps that you may want to keep are the ThemeSet, UnRoot, Rebook, and Overclocking apps.....

But, it all depends on need I suppose.
WHAT THE!!??!! So i think iam the only one deleted some T apps...i saw some T application with 3mb and 1mb memory and deleted it the only T apps remaining in my device is the T store and T store side loading... but I THINK nothing seems wrong about it ...my phone is still normal and i cant even see a problem though

sheriffadam
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade16 View Post
I THINK nothing seems wrong about it ...my phone is still normal and i cant even see a problem though
I only had problems when I tried to update the T-Map Navi app, only Korea stock App I use, and due to me freezing a few of the Tapps (there are hundreds of them!) it chucked a wobbly at me.

Although I used T-Map the other day and found out it sucks anyway as it can't recalculate your route if you make a wrong turn whilst driving, it just hung up on me

M@31
Old
Thanks Meter 405
I have never had a problem with the Tmap app at all, if I miss a turn, it takes a minute but then gets me back on track (well my girlfriend back on track, I dont have a car).

But if you do not use the Tapps, you should have no problem deleting or freezing them.
I use the Tservice app to check my data sometimes, to make sure it is not over limit.

So really, if you do not use the Tapps, you do not have to worry about freezing or uninstalling them I believe, but if you want to use them, you need to have them all working.

M@31
Old
Thanks Meter 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by boeng_x
Quote:
Originally Posted by M@31
When you flashed the Kernel the second time, what exactly did you do?

If it freezes, you need to unplug the phone and take the battery out.

Restart Odin and put the battery back into your phone.
Start the phone into Download mode (it will go into Recovery because you were in the middle of flashing).

Load the file into Odin again (PDA slot) and try the flash again.
hello....i'd like to switch to vk22. can i flash tegrak kernell to a m110s with stock rom in order to get it rooted ? would u give me the link to the vk22 tegrak kernell ? thanks before

Sent from my SHW-M110S using XDA

Yes, you can flash a Tegrak Kernel to M110S stock.
That is what it is really for.

You will then need to download the Tegrak Kernel app from the market.
In the app, you will have the options for lagfix and rooting.

This is the link to the Kernel
http://pspmaster.tistory.com/120

(you need to go to the bottom of the page, find the link for the M110S device and click on the blue tab/lettering that says "이전 버전 다운로드 접기") You should find the VK22 kernel there. Use "Build 30"

disturbeh
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Good morning.

I am new to this community, and I own a Samsung M110S galaxy : Cool:.

I have been reading this post compelto and have not found solution to my problem.

My firmware is 2.3.6 Gingerbread-wa03, kernel 2.6.35.7. and I would like to know how I can root, without modifying the firmware.

Would ask please, do not indicate links, as I have read the all (or so I believe) and many are translated from Korean to English that I can not understand: Confused:. Or just do not come to the version 2.3.6 explained.

Also, if it is easier to install the version Nakyup 4.2, (I think that makes root) but:
- * This version gives problems? stable?
- * I can do the flash from my version without problems?
- * There is a well explained guide on how to install firmware Nakyup?

Thank you very much for your answers and sorry for my bad English

unlimitedRU
Old
(Last edited by unlimitedRU; 24th March 2012 at 05:36 AM.)
Thanks Meter 13
Flash kernel with Odin http://icarus21.tistory.com/131
Or http://forum.androidfan.ru/index.php...attach_id=8858
And you will be stay on stock firmware + root

sheriffadam
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by M@31 View Post
I have never had a problem with the Tmap app at all, if I miss a turn, it takes a minute but then gets me back on track (well my girlfriend back on track, I dont have a car).
Will try mine again sometime, my wife has no trust in it now though!

Tags
anycall, korea, korean, shw-m110s, shwm110s