FORUMS

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

[SHW-m110s] Korean Anycall Galaxy S, Thread/FAQ/ReadMe/Discussion/Questions

730 posts
Thanks Meter: 32
 
By alovell83, Senior Member on 2nd September 2010, 07:21 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
22nd March 2012, 05:55 AM |#3791  
Senior Member
Flag Daegu
Thanks Meter: 422
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgvny2k

It sounds logical. Nakyup ROMs put many applications in system. I do not like it that way but I did not know or was not sure what apps should be safely removed.
M@31 already described some applications. It may be more helpful if you can list the important applications which should not be removed. To tell you the truth, I do not dare to touch "T start" applications.

I try not to touch any of the "T" apps either....never know what it will do!
hahahaha

I have frozen that VMS app and it doesnt seem to have done anything wrong.
It comes with Nakyup as well, but I dont think it is important.

The only other Nakyup apps that you may want to keep are the ThemeSet, UnRoot, Rebook, and Overclocking apps.....

But, it all depends on need I suppose.
 
 
22nd March 2012, 08:29 AM |#3792  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgvny2k

It sounds logical. Nakyup ROMs put many applications in system. I do not like it that way but I did not know or was not sure what apps should be safely removed.
M@31 already described some applications. It may be more helpful if you can list the important applications which should not be removed. To tell you the truth, I do not dare to touch "T start" applications.

yes its risky but its just an option, i try that cuz' i love CF3D app. also for some tegra games that we cannot use in our phone, all T apps. still in my phone i only try to remove 1 news app. i can read korean news but i cant acctually understand what i am reading hahaha! as far as i know some of the T apps was not yet fully installed if you run the main T app. supported apps will automatically installed to your phone.

just some nakyup program can do the job, like the UNROOT app. with 5mb of capacity,i use minitool to partition my MMS so also uninstall SDFORMAT,Titanium Back up for baking up my apps so DATASAFE also remove, i think this apps actually for korean users many Korean cant understand English how they can use apps that only english language is supported and viseversa,VMS also remove, so far i dont see any problem with my phone while enjoying my tegra games

again this is JUST AN OPTION dont try it if you think it can harm your phone
Last edited by vision2040; 22nd March 2012 at 08:37 AM.
22nd March 2012, 08:43 AM |#3793  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision2040

@renegade16

this one works for me,backup all your files, reboot to recovery then wipe factory reset,download and install ROOT UNINSTALLER, and uninstall some of the nakyup system apps that you are not actually using like UNROOT,GSBAN,NEWS etc.. i only left the theme changer and overclock apps.install your CF3D first before restoring your backup files.

I hope this one also works to you!

....MABUHAY....



Thanks a lot!!its works!!I deleted some apps and ringtone on my /system via root explorer...

I open my Root Explorer - /system and i choose the App folder to delete some system apps...And media folder...in media folder i deleted some ringtones to make some space, and KABOOM!!!!My drivers have installed!! now i can download and play HD games...thanks!!

oh and thanks M@31 for responding

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by M@31

I try not to touch any of the "T" apps either....never know what it will do!
hahahaha

I have frozen that VMS app and it doesnt seem to have done anything wrong.
It comes with Nakyup as well, but I dont think it is important.

The only other Nakyup apps that you may want to keep are the ThemeSet, UnRoot, Rebook, and Overclocking apps.....

But, it all depends on need I suppose.

WHAT THE!!??!! So i think iam the only one deleted some T apps...i saw some T application with 3mb and 1mb memory and deleted it the only T apps remaining in my device is the T store and T store side loading... but I THINK nothing seems wrong about it ...my phone is still normal and i cant even see a problem though
22nd March 2012, 02:09 PM |#3794  
Senior Member
Busan
Thanks Meter: 31
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade16

I THINK nothing seems wrong about it ...my phone is still normal and i cant even see a problem though

I only had problems when I tried to update the T-Map Navi app, only Korea stock App I use, and due to me freezing a few of the Tapps (there are hundreds of them!) it chucked a wobbly at me.

Although I used T-Map the other day and found out it sucks anyway as it can't recalculate your route if you make a wrong turn whilst driving, it just hung up on me
23rd March 2012, 07:45 AM |#3795  
Senior Member
Flag Daegu
Thanks Meter: 422
 
More
I have never had a problem with the Tmap app at all, if I miss a turn, it takes a minute but then gets me back on track (well my girlfriend back on track, I dont have a car).

But if you do not use the Tapps, you should have no problem deleting or freezing them.
I use the Tservice app to check my data sometimes, to make sure it is not over limit.

So really, if you do not use the Tapps, you do not have to worry about freezing or uninstalling them I believe, but if you want to use them, you need to have them all working.
24th March 2012, 12:25 AM |#3796  
Senior Member
Flag Daegu
Thanks Meter: 422
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boeng_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by M@31

When you flashed the Kernel the second time, what exactly did you do?

If it freezes, you need to unplug the phone and take the battery out.

Restart Odin and put the battery back into your phone.
Start the phone into Download mode (it will go into Recovery because you were in the middle of flashing).

Load the file into Odin again (PDA slot) and try the flash again.

hello....i'd like to switch to vk22. can i flash tegrak kernell to a m110s with stock rom in order to get it rooted ? would u give me the link to the vk22 tegrak kernell ? thanks before

Sent from my SHW-M110S using XDA


Yes, you can flash a Tegrak Kernel to M110S stock.
That is what it is really for.

You will then need to download the Tegrak Kernel app from the market.
In the app, you will have the options for lagfix and rooting.

This is the link to the Kernel
http://pspmaster.tistory.com/120

(you need to go to the bottom of the page, find the link for the M110S device and click on the blue tab/lettering that says "이전 버전 다운로드 접기") You should find the VK22 kernel there. Use "Build 30"
24th March 2012, 01:24 AM |#3797  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Good morning.

I am new to this community, and I own a Samsung M110S galaxy : Cool:.

I have been reading this post compelto and have not found solution to my problem.

My firmware is 2.3.6 Gingerbread-wa03, kernel 2.6.35.7. and I would like to know how I can root, without modifying the firmware.

Would ask please, do not indicate links, as I have read the all (or so I believe) and many are translated from Korean to English that I can not understand: Confused:. Or just do not come to the version 2.3.6 explained.

Also, if it is easier to install the version Nakyup 4.2, (I think that makes root) but:
- * This version gives problems? stable?
- * I can do the flash from my version without problems?
- * There is a well explained guide on how to install firmware Nakyup?

Thank you very much for your answers and sorry for my bad English
24th March 2012, 05:32 AM |#3798  
Junior Member
Flag MOSCOW
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Flash kernel with Odin http://icarus21.tistory.com/131
Or http://forum.androidfan.ru/index.php...attach_id=8858
And you will be stay on stock firmware + root
Last edited by unlimitedRU; 24th March 2012 at 05:36 AM.
24th March 2012, 06:24 AM |#3799  
Senior Member
Busan
Thanks Meter: 31
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M@31

I have never had a problem with the Tmap app at all, if I miss a turn, it takes a minute but then gets me back on track (well my girlfriend back on track, I dont have a car).

Will try mine again sometime, my wife has no trust in it now though!
24th March 2012, 09:35 AM |#3800  
Senior Member
Flag Daegu
Thanks Meter: 422
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbeh

Good morning.

I am new to this community, and I own a Samsung M110S galaxy : Cool:.

I have been reading this post compelto and have not found solution to my problem.

My firmware is 2.3.6 Gingerbread-wa03, kernel 2.6.35.7. and I would like to know how I can root, without modifying the firmware.

Would ask please, do not indicate links, as I have read the all (or so I believe) and many are translated from Korean to English that I can not understand: Confused:. Or just do not come to the version 2.3.6 explained.

Also, if it is easier to install the version Nakyup 4.2, (I think that makes root) but:
- * This version gives problems? stable?
- * I can do the flash from my version without problems?
- * There is a well explained guide on how to install firmware Nakyup?

Thank you very much for your answers and sorry for my bad English

You can also flash the Tegrak Kernel that I posted earlier today (just a few posts before).

It uses stock rom

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriffadam

Will try mine again sometime, my wife has no trust in it now though!

What do you use for navigation then?

Only reason I have used Tmap is because it doesn't count against Data from what I have read.......
24th March 2012, 12:42 PM |#3801  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hello, everyone!

I just recently acquired a used Galaxy S1, and I've been reading this thread for several hours already, so before I actually get started on updating everthing, I'd like to run it by you guys first.

Model Number: SHW-M110S
Firmware Version: 2.2.1
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9
Build Number: FROYO.TA28

I downloaded this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by M@31

Got Nakyup VK22 4.2!

ROM - (Can't post links as it's my first post XD)
Kernel -

And I'm following these instructions:

1. Turn off Galaxy S then press On and Home Button at the same time to access download mode
2 Open ODIN and connect the Galaxy S to the PC
3. Tick the box beside PDA Button and click the PDA button also
4. Locate the ROM
5. Click the Start Button and wait until the message on the box says "Pass"
6. Your Device will reboot
7. Unplug the Device and check the Firmware under "ABOUT PHONE"
8. Finish Flashing

9. Turn off the Galaxy S
10. Press and Hold the ON/OFF and HOME button again until you see the yellow triangle
11. Run ODIN again and Connect the Device to the USB
12. Tick again the box beside PDA Button and click the PDA button also
13. Locate the Kernel
14. Click the Start Button and wait until the message on the box says "Pass"
15. The device will be reboot.

Is everything in order?

Also, how will I be able to root my phone? Do I just grab the Tegrak Kernel Application on the Market and enable the lagfix and rooting?

Thanks a bunch!
Last edited by Lawful Evil; 24th March 2012 at 12:47 PM.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
anycall, korea, korean, shw-m110s, shwm110s
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes