XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Straight Talk On Android ect...

Tip us?

pkopalek
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraLance View Post
it won't happen. I have heard Straight-talk has an esn white-list of phones sold for Straight-talk. Phones not on the list can't access the network, even if the same model as a phone they sell. But if you are near wifi most of your day, page plus is a better deal anyway.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App
other than esn hacking then, this is impossible.

Darn.

Sent from my Eris using XDA App
Paul Kopalek
pkopalek@gmail.com
HTC Eris - xtrSense 5 @ 768mhz Retired
Samsung Fascinate - CM 7, Glitch HL @ 1600mhz stable Retired
HTC Rezound/Vigor

willpower102
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by eris_evil View Post
Well now I've got boost with full evdo network. Not 1xevdo full evdo. Anyone that wants to know how I did it I will tell you if I see a request I am tired of uptight people hiding and keeping secret thing that people wanna know.

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App
You are contributing to this problem and should go on your way.
Anyway who wants to be pm'd to share their methods is either selling something, spamming people, or simply a selfish person who has no business on a community forum.
sprint mogul ppc-6800 - sero plan - nexvision's hybrid rom
-> touch pro II -> iPhone 3gs -> Htc Hero -> iPhone 4 + unlimited Data sim from ipad + Skype + Google voice = unlimited everything for $34.

iMp0rt
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Question not hackin more like clonin/donor

if i got a straight talk phone already. cant i just have that one as a donor for my evo 3d or my eris htc. i dont think im hacking since i own both evo3d and eris htc both with clean esn... and the straight talk one i own it to and its clean... is it more like modifying...right???????

silverramsrt
Old
Thanks Meter 17
if people want an Eris like phone on straight talk, just get the Samsung. Its better than the Eris anyway. Plus no hacking...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

justan00b
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMp0rt View Post
if i got a straight talk phone already. cant i just have that one as a donor for my evo 3d or my eris htc. i dont think im hacking since i own both evo3d and eris htc both with clean esn... and the straight talk one i own it to and its clean... is it more like modifying...right???????
You need a ST donor phone, yeah, but you should never turn it on or activate it, just need it for the MEID. if you already activated it you're SOL, need a new donor.

T3L3C0lVlT3CH
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default For Anyone who cares

Let me start off with saying, I have been screwed over by VZW far too many times to allow them to continue pliaging my pockets. I'm currently working on converting my Verizon (CDMA) Smart phones (HTC Incredible; 1st Gen Android; iPhone 4) over to straight talk.

Now for all you nay sayers, who, for the longest time have made claims that it can not be done; well I tell you it can. I know it's a cliche, but as people have said before, "where there's a will, there is a way!"

This will involve a very intimate understanding of all the mobile networks there are, and, the different networks Straight Talk uses. For anyone who is currently pondering the question "Can I flash/spoof, or otherwise get an AT&T phone on a CDMA network?" The answer is and always will be NO! This will never change. The only exception to the rule is the iPhone4s. This is due in part, to the fact the iPhone 4s was originally designed to be a world phone. This means that the iPhone 4s has the capabilities to switch to CDMA from GSM and vice versa.

If Straight Talk does have a white list of ESNs that have acess to the network, then that would be a tiny problem. I say tiny problem because it can be overcome. This comes down to legalities though. In order to get any CDMA phone (to include verizon phones) onto the straight talk network, you will first have to buy a Straight Talk (CDMA) smart phone. Next you'll have to unlock your current Verizon phone (or any other CDMA network phone, i.e. Sprint, Boost, etc.) from the current carrier. Then you'll need to spoof your IMEI and ESN to what ever your current Straight Talk phone's IMEI/ESN is. You should be able to find some software to assist with this, by doing a google search (specific site will follow in my next thread.

Spoofing both the IMEI and ESN are very important, as the ESN is unique to the IMEI. Essentially, you are fooling the network into thinking that the phone accessing the network is the one you bought from Straight Talk. Another reason for this is so that VZW never catches the on to what you're doing, considering they monitor the data usage of each phone on thier network. If they notice an IMEI from the phone previously on thier network, now with a new carrier who offers cheaper services, they will cut and block you from their network.

(The following thread is a concept in progress. If anyone else thinks they have another/easier way to do it, please feel free to comment)

All questions are welcome, however, if you lack a basic understanding of the cellular technology or the information flow through the mobile networks, I will probably ignore your question. (SO GOOGLE IT!)

timf76
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Default Hint

Check this out. Search can be your friend.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=straight+talk

JTStudios
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Default GSM phones

I know this is old but just reading around thought id post, i just bought an atrix 2 online an at/t phone and got straight talk last week, and all you need is a GSM phone on bands 850 and 1900 mhz thru T-mobile at/t or unlocked and your good, they dont do cdma because it gets complicated if you use anyhing then the phones they sell. But i can report on my "4g'' phone which is HSPA+ i get 8mbp/s up and 2 mbp/s down in my area, so great service!

dellio
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i'd suggest page plus - its also on the verizon network... nothing special needed, just a clean esn eris - call pageplus and they'll activate you for free, free $2 to get you started and then all you do is buy pins to refill service.

also, you can load cricket prl and some more to get cricket working...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTStudios View Post
I know this is old but just reading around thought id post, i just bought an atrix 2 online an at/t phone and got straight talk last week, and all you need is a GSM phone on bands 850 and 1900 mhz thru T-mobile at/t or unlocked and your good, they dont do cdma because it gets complicated if you use anyhing then the phones they sell. But i can report on my "4g'' phone which is HSPA+ i get 8mbp/s up and 2 mbp/s down in my area, so great service!

Tags
droid eris, flash, straight talk