Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,799 Members 38,539 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KEYBOARD]If you don't like the sense keyboard...

Tip us?

psykick5
Old
(Last edited by psykick5; 1st December 2010 at 10:29 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Wink [KEYBOARD]If you don't like the sense keyboard...

EDIT: The keyboard seems to always crash on Mdeejay's Desire HD build v4.0 and I do not know why. Give me some time to sort this out. Thanks

I posted this thread because I didn't see anything similar, maybe someone else doesn't like the sense keyboard too, so I'll just post it.

If you were anything like me, you liked sense, but hated that damned sense keyboard, well I have just bothered to put the stock Android keyboard on my DarkStone Sense V3.1 and it works.

Step 0 (optional) = Download a second keyboard from the Android Market (such as AnySoftKeyboard) so you can still have a keyboard to use if anything goes wrong.

Step 1 = Download the file for the keyboard

Step 2 = Use Root Explorer (I recommend it)(Or whatever else you can make work) to copy the files into the system.
LatinImeGoogle.apk goes into system/app
libjni_latinime.so goes into system/lib

libjni_latinime.so will ask to overwrite the existing file, (it doesn't on some builds) overwrite it, if anything bad happens the original .so is in my backups .rar for you to download.

Step 3 = Long press a text box and hit input method. Android keyboard should be on that list.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I will also attach the original files in case you mess up and are stuck with no keyboard. (I did it... was no fun.)

My edited method leaves you with the HTC keyboard as well (need feedback on what builds do this)
Attached Files
File Type: rar Backup files.rar - [Click for QR Code] (6.41 MB, 637 views)
File Type: rar Stock Android keyboard.rar - [Click for QR Code] (2.79 MB, 1063 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to psykick5 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aarons6
Old
Thanks Meter 7
pic of what this keyboard looks like compared to the sense one?

psykick5
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarons6 View Post
pic of what this keyboard looks like compared to the sense one?

Pic is up.

frostmourne
Old
(Last edited by frostmourne; 4th September 2010 at 07:38 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
i tried this with both astro and a terminal emulator, both says
Quote:
java.io.ioexception no space left on device
when i try to copy the HTC_IME.apk, any ideas why?

and also this makes me lose the original keyboard too, as the HTC_IME will be replaced by a 0 byte file

mick1475
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Swype, that's the ticket. There's also the XDA-improved HTC keyboard, which is plenty nice

phoenixrise
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I had the same problem what i did Is that i Navigated to The media folder in the system folder Then i deleted a couple of Ringtones that i don't really use, And that Freed some space for me to copy these files

Sent from my HTC HD2 Android Phone

marios96
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I've installed the multitouch keyboard from the Droid X. It works great on Darkstone's Froyo V2 ROM with Sense...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=177

superfuffo
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Is there a keyboard with cursor keys? I hate tapping all over just to correct a letter ..

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App
nexus 5 <- Samsung Note <- HTC Leo <- HTC Touch HD <- Mio A701

stonesolouk
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Default TouchPal chinese input

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfuffo View Post
Is there a keyboard with cursor keys? I hate tapping all over just to correct a letter ..

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App
Try the above named keyboard. My favourite with cursor: just tap 'Edit'!!. Free on market too.

psykick5
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by marios96 View Post
I've installed the multitouch keyboard from the Droid X. It works great on Darkstone's Froyo V2 ROM with Sense...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=177
Installing it works pretty much the same way except you have to rename the keyboard file (I think I already did that for everyone in my upload)