[REF] Disable Wifi On Screen Off
Some people have picked up an annoying bug - I'm not sure where it comes from, some believe it is the voodoo kernel, I think it is probably JPC firmware or similar.
: When you have wifi on and you turn the screen off, wifi does not turn off like it should.
: The wifi turn-off time has been reset to the android default 15 minutes. You can change this setting if you want. (I like 10 seconds myself.)
You will need
1. ADB root shell access.
2. SQLite3 Explorer - http://www.singular.gr/sqlite/
or SQLiteBrowser - http://sqlitebrowser.sourceforge.net/
What to do
1. shell command: busybox cp /dbdata/databases/com.android.providers.settings/settings.db /sdcard/settings.db
2. adb command: adb pull /sdcard/settings.db
3. Open settings.db in SQLExplorer
4. Right click on gservices or secure folders**, choose 'Show Data'
5. Click on the green plus icon "Insert Record"
6. Double click on name column, insert "wifi_idle_ms" - Double click on value column and insert "10000" for 10 seconds for wifi to turn off. 30000 for 30 seconds, etc.
7. Click on the green tick.
8. Right click on the folder again, choose show data, scroll to the bottom and ensure that your change has been made.
9. File -> Close Database
10. adb command: adb push settings.db /sdcard/settings.db
11. shell command: busybox mv /dbdata/databases/com.android.providers.settings/settings.db /dbdata/databases/com.android.providers.settings/settings.db.bak
12. shell command: busybox cp /sdcard/settings.db /dbdata/databases/com.android.providers.settings/settings.db
13. shell command: chown system.system /dbdata/databases/com.android.providers.settings/settings.db
** I'm not sure if the correct folder is gservices, or secure. I believe secure is the correct one though. I just added it to both.
This is too hard
If there are 10 or more people who have this bug but can't do the required fix, I'll make a small utility to do it for you. Let me know.