Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,165 Members 37,500 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Urgent help needed!!!!

Tip us?

Youngin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Urgent help needed!!!!

MY DAD HAS THE EVO AND HIS KNEE WENT OUT AND HE FELL INTO OUR JACUZZI AND I'VE TRIED THE RICE TRICK AND IT MADE SOME PROGRESS BUT FOR SOME REASON WHEN I TURN IT ON THE FLASH KEEPS GOING OFF.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

piry525
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Sounds like that evos done for do you have insurance?

VSack
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngin View Post
MY DAD HAS THE EVO AND HIS KNEE WENT OUT AND HE FELL INTO OUR JACUZZI AND I'VE TRIED THE RICE TRICK AND IT MADE SOME PROGRESS BUT FOR SOME REASON WHEN I TURN IT ON THE FLASH KEEPS GOING OFF.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

IT ALSO LOOKS LIKE YOUR HERO200 ALSO HAS SOME SORT OF KEYBOARD MALFUNCTION.

In the meantime, sell your jacuzzi. Buy your father a knee brace for his condition and an Evo to replace the one he Adrian Peterson'ed into the jacuzzi that has no hope of ever recovering. Problem solved.

nukedukem
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Wow, the way you worded that I thought there was something wrong with your dad, not his phone!

In all likelyhood, since you've already attempted to turn the phone back on, the phone is toast. For future reference if you electronic device falls into water immediately pull the battery and get the device into some dry rice. Leave it there for at least 3 days and do not be tempted to put the battery in and turn it on until then.

Youngin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nukedukem View Post
Wow, the way you worded that I thought there was something wrong with your dad, not his phone!

In all likelyhood, since you've already attempted to turn the phone back on, the phone is toast. For future reference if you electronic device falls into water immediately pull the battery and get the device into some dry rice. Leave it there for at least 3 days and do not be tempted to put the battery in and turn it on until then.
he has a gash in his arm and it's in the rice right now I pulled the battery as soon as he got out the water and cut me some slack people im 14.

Youngin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngin View Post

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piry525 View Post
Sounds like that evos done for do you have insurance?
We do have insurance but sprint is probably going to find a way to screw us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VSack View Post
IT ALSO LOOKS LIKE YOUR HERO200 ALSO HAS SOME SORT OF KEYBOARD MALFUNCTION.

In the meantime, sell your jacuzzi. Buy your father a knee brace for his condition and an Evo to replace the one he Adrian Peterson'ed into the jacuzzi that has no hope of ever recovering. Problem solved.

I like the terms you used lol and my dad has a knee brace had to get surgery though.

Malefickus
Old
Thanks Meter 0
If you have the insurance, you'll have to deal with the insurance company, not with Sprint directly. There will be a$100 deductible but that's far cheaper than buying a new EVO

Sent from my Samsung Epic 4G

rymden
Old
Thanks Meter 523
Yeah this is why you pay for insurance???
Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Youngin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yea this happenedwith my hero but why is there a deductible when you're already paying for insurance?

dami00976
Old
Thanks Meter 15
my friend life isnt fair and why you pay a deductible i ask that same question my self why am i paying for something that im already paying? but what ever its better then buying it full price and your in luck even if they send you the phone(only the phone) ill be new they dont have referbished yet ohh and they will send you what ever they have first black our white so good luck