5,598,297 Members 47,872 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sprint Anycom FIPO Bluetooth v2.0 Stereo Receiver w/Dock Connector

Tip us?

faiyo
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Whats wrong with this $40 knockoff on ebay?
Specs say it can do a2dp with mp3 support and AVRCP. It should work perfectly. The only thing you could complain about is that it is bluetooth 2.0.
It will still enable you to stream internet radio or switch tracks with steering wheel controls and the head unit.

btw I've seen the sprint one in various places; even a third party seller on amazon but its much more expensive. I don't really think sprint made the device. It's probably related to the one on ebay because theres one dude in the world that makes these and he's in china.

I'm probably going to get this and a USA SPEC PA11 ipod thing for my car.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bluetooth-A2...#ht_7270wt_752

colorado_al
Old
Thanks Meter 78
I've been thinking about this:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...F8&me=&seller=

Plug in to the rear aux in on my deck via 1/8" to RCA.
Tablet - Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 - ROOTED 4.0.3
------------------------------
Phone - Google Nexus 5 - ROOTED 4.4.2
Old Phone - Samsung Galaxy S III

faiyo
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Looks neat, but if you want to use ur head unit and steering wheel to control your phone over bluetooth, you've got to go through the ipod interface. It gives "dock" controls you could send wirelessly.

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

BTW I ordered my parts <$100 and I'll let you all know if it works. This going to be an 05 GM head unit -> usa spec pa11-gm ipod dock -> chinese bluetooth ipod dock adapter -> evo 3d -> winamp

BPM
Old
Thanks Meter 6
i own no EVO but it is not important for this thread
i got this FIPO last week but it does not work with my kenwood headunit (BT41U), but it does not work. i am able to pair it with my phone with FIPO but my headunit always tells me "no device".
if i connect an iphone or an ipod it works an i can control the music from my steeringwheel.

any idea why my headunit does not see the FIPO?