Let's make some good app for Windows Phone 7! I've decided to make
This page is about the development of new Windows phone 7 RSS Client - I-RSS. It's in the final stage of development and the goal is to create fast, nice, intuitive and competitive RSS Reader - and then push it to Marketplace. The application will probably have free and paid version (which will cost less than $2), making it attractive for users.
Screenshot is truly Work In Progress! Last Update 10.3.2011
And what I'm currently planning for it?
- An intuitive and clean RSS reader with Metro-like interface
- Option to add feeds directly or by choosing from webpage
Progress: 95% (now only timeouts to handle)
- Import / Export feeds from / to other feed aggregators
Preparing import from Google Reader, later sync with GR
- Add selected news to Instapaper / Read It Later - to read them later
- Sort the incoming news by date, source
- Flag some news items so you can return to them later
- Search in downloaded news
Progress: 99% - every time there is something to do better
- Push notifications, toasts and live tiles
OK, this is unreal for the first versions of the app. I'll need to learn LOT about servers.
Progress of actual coding is currently approx. 85%.
Thanks goes to Captainkrtek, emuneee and mei_liberi_fatali for developing with me!
Stay tuned for news and CONTRIBUTE with your ideas!
I had an idea recently of writing a RSS application for WP7 which would not be based on Google Reader or anything like that. But I've caught myself into a limiting Microsoft trap.
And that is: How will users add feeds? Typing the whole URL of the feed? Not really good solution, I guess. Hovewer, I came with one solution, at last.
User would type in the address of the website (ie. www.cnn.com) and the application would search for all avaible RSS sources there and let user choose.
So I will need your help. What do you think about that? Do you have any other things you think they are worth trying?
Thanks in advance