Originally Posted by Ludacris
Some days ago, I've said, Freya made the best rom for the Diamond, but actually, I have to revoke this and say, yours is the best - just because of some simple reasons:
1) You provide roms in more than just one language (e.g. German) - I am from Austria and therefor I prefere to have a german rom over an english one.
2) You rom is stunning fast
3) You are using the original Windows Mobile 6.5. I prefere this on the Diamond for some obvious reasons:
*) The SIP Menu works
*) They eat less RAM
*) Its the Windows Mobile used by HTC for their phones (HD2, Touch Diamond 2 and so on)
*) Because of the smaller screen, we have less space on our Displays so I like to have as many pixels free on the screen as possible
*) Sense looks better on the original 6.5
4) No idea what #4 would be, but I'm sure I'll find something
Tough, there is something you should try to fix:
1) With the Sense 2.1 Rom and 2.5 Rom, Internet Sharing is not working from default (Startmenu link is invalid); Via "Connect to PC", it is working - it could be a problem with the German rom, can't say if its also present in the WWE, as I have only flashed the German one
2) The Sense 2.5 Rom is pretty nice, but I miss the dialer and Sense itself (:P ) Sense does not start for me on the German rom; i think this could be a problem with the German localisation again as I have already had that if I apply a german sense mui and then misstype the langcode in the registry.
Edit: Just saw, you are fixing this one already
Therefor I am going to use the Sense 2.1 Rom for the moment as it hase a great battery life (got the extended HTC Diamond Battery) and it lasts for about 4 days - thats better than with the stock ROM from HTC (the one built @ 27.02.2009), The overall speed is awsome aswell (tough it eats up some ram, if you haven't rebooted the phone after 2 days, thats why I would reccomend to include XDAAddict's Clean Ram and set the Clean Ram Schedule to 1 day, level 2, silent mode, no notification (if other users would agree to this)
As soon as I am on my Laptop, I will make a small chef cook badge for you
Same here. I tried the Freya Rom but it cannot work with the Chinese add-on.
The Fodd series works beautifully with the Chinese display and input add-on.
I tried all 3 Fodd WWE ROMs and finally selected the Fodd ES to strike a balance.
The 'Quick Links' page in ES is very useful.
Some minor issues:
1. The last 2 browser 'Favorites' entries at the bottom of the list are blocked by the bottom menu bar and cannot be selected. (I added 2 dummy entries to fill the last 2 entries)
2. When the Wi-Fi was turned off from the 'Notifications' page, its status will not be updated in the 'Comm Manager' page. The 'Comm Manager' page will show the Wi-Fi status as 'on'.
3. Sometimes the display in the dial page will be overlapped and can be fixed by soft reset. (I'll try to capture the screen next time I encountered this.)
Lastly, after I changed the Titanium background, I cannot change it back to Fodd's default. Now, I only got the 'Classic Blue' & 'HTC Black' theme. Anyone can help?