As far as I know, this is the first time this has been accomplished on Sense framework for Froyo. I spent a considerable amount of time getting this to work, so I hope everyone likes it. I attempted to make this a MetaMorph theme so it would be easy to apply to any ROM, but I did not have any success. Thus, I will release this with links to framework for different ROMs.
Thanks goes to koush and cyanogen and everyone else that put code into CM6. I started with code from CM6 so it's only fair to show my gratitude for the great dev work they do for this community.
WARNING: I am not responsible for any harm this may directly or indirectly do to your phone. It is always wise to do a backup before applying a mod of this magnitude.
NOTE: You must remove the HTC Lockscreen if you have not done so already. This can be done by running the code below. This mod may also undo some theming you may have done to your rom. After flashing this mod, DO NOT replace your framework-res.apk file with another one or you will end up with a boot loop. I suggest you pull the new one from this mod and theme it manually. Otherwise, run the revert script and then flash whatever theme you want.
Remove HTC lock screen:
Install DeskClock.apk:Code:adb shell mv /system/app/HtcLockScreen.apk /system/app/HtcLockScreen.bak
Code:adb remount adb push DeskClock.apk /system/app
- You must be using one of the supported ROMs.
- Your ROM must be deodexed.
- If you are using the HTC clock for your alarms, you will have to install the vanilla clock and use it's alarms instead.
- If you have a request for support on another ROM, just ask. I may even put a tutorial together on how to mod your own framework.
- Remove the HTC lock screen if necessary
- Install the vanilla clock if necessary
- Download the framework zip for the ROM you are running
- Download either the Rotary_Music or Rotary_NoMusic zip
- Flash both of the zips in recovery
Thanks to everyone that has donated