Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,428 Members 47,726 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[QUESTION] PSFreedom on Tattoo possible?

Tip us?
 
KezraPlanes
Old
#1  
KezraPlanes's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 368
Posts: 459
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Braga
Default [QUESTION] PSFreedom on Tattoo possible?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=772795

Apparently it is possible to run the PSFreedom Jailbreak App on all MSM72x CPU, and considering the Tattoo has one, then theoretically it should be able to run it right?

But in it's current state, will it work on our Tattoo's and how in the freaking hell does it work anyway? xD

Anyways, just wanted to drop this here.
 
salvo88a
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 79
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Riposto
It would be wonderful *______*
 
inluxc
Old
#3  
inluxc's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 33
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Vila do Conde
I was thing of that.. lol
Well we just have to give it a try...
HTC TATTOO - [ROM] nFinityGB v0.2 - Gingerbread 2.3.1
 
francians
Old
#4  
francians's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 449
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by KezraPlanes View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=772795

Apparently it is possible to run the PSFreedom Jailbreak App on all MSM72x CPU, and considering the Tattoo has one, then theoretically it should be able to run it right?

But in it's current state, will it work on our Tattoo's and how in the freaking hell does it work anyway? xD

Anyways, just wanted to drop this here.
Is confirmed the porting on android and psp. But we don't know what will need to run. A new kernel, sure. Maybe the terminal emulator (or a gui) to start/stop the deamon.
 
KezraPlanes
Old
#5  
KezraPlanes's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 368
Posts: 459
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Braga
Quote:
Originally Posted by francians View Post
Is confirmed the porting on android and psp. But we don't know what will need to run. A new kernel, sure. Maybe the terminal emulator (or a gui) to start/stop the deamon.
As far as I've heard, you need to not have USB at all (only charging works) to be able to run this.

So either as someone said on the original thread, someone makes a recovery image that we can flash for that same purpose OR dual-boot from SD.

To be honest I don't see the second one happening on the Tattoo
 
blackkn1ght
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 21
Join Date: Apr 2010
To run this hack you'll need a non-senseUI 2.2 rom.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/lv?k...w&toomany=true

At least on kernel 2.6.29 (spqrom 0.4), the tattoo uses the msm_hsusb driver instead of the MSM72K, so i don't think it will work without porting it. But the hero and dream use msm_hsusb on 2.6.2x kernel and MSM72K on 2.6.3x. Maybe a kernel update could fix this for us (hear that, rom cookers? update the kernel of your froyo roms!)
 
segway_
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 75
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ioannina
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackkn1ght View Post
To run this hack you'll need a non-senseUI 2.2 rom.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/lv?k...w&toomany=true

At least on kernel 2.6.29 (spqrom 0.4), the tattoo uses the msm_hsusb driver instead of the MSM72K, so i don't think it will work without porting it. But the hero and dream use msm_hsusb on 2.6.2x kernel and MSM72K on 2.6.3x. Maybe a kernel update could fix this for us (hear that, rom cookers? update the kernel of your froyo roms!)
Hi,
In eclair kernel for tattoo there are the drivers for MSM72K! Later i ll try to
compile a kernel with MSM72K support for tattoo and publish it here to test
it.

Seg.
 
KezraPlanes
Old
#8  
KezraPlanes's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 368
Posts: 459
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Braga
Nice already some progress :P
 
inluxc
Old
#9  
inluxc's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 33
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Vila do Conde
Well were we go... for Desire and G1...

h**p://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=8025826&postcount=52
h**p://www.ps3-hacks.com/2010/09/06/hack-your-ps3-with-your-androiddesire/
HTC TATTOO - [ROM] nFinityGB v0.2 - Gingerbread 2.3.1
 
alig83
Old
#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 28
Join Date: Jul 2010
it works?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes