Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Change Calendar to new APK?

OP KrossXC

6th September 2010, 04:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

20 posts
Goal: Change the color of "my calendar" from pink to Blue.

I've tried putting an android stock Calendar.apk and deleted the others, but I couldn't get it to work. Is there another way to do this?

Thanks

- KrossXC

Last edited by KrossXC; 6th September 2010 at 05:11 PM.
6th September 2010, 05:41 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
Is there another Calendar APK that will change this? Or can I somehow remove the Pink color in the file-system? or remove the "my calendar" all-together, and keep the google one?

Just want to change the pink!

- KrossXC
6th September 2010, 06:18 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Developer
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 2,966

3,177 posts
More
Have you looked at your google calender settings online... I am sure you can edit your colors there.
6th September 2010, 07:14 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lithid-cm

Have you looked at your google calender settings online... I am sure you can edit your colors there.

yea you can.. this isn't the google calendar.. it's the "my calendar"

- KrossXC
13th September 2010, 05:23 AM   |  #5  
Flag North Bend, OR
Thanks Meter: 0

21 posts
Donate to Me
Change Calendar to new APK
I tried to change this myself, finally gave up, however I did find a good calendar app that I really like in it's place Gemini, very nice indeed.
13th September 2010, 03:54 PM   |  #6  

11 posts
What agenda widget are you using there, OP? And what widget theme if one of the popular agenda widgets?
13th September 2010, 05:47 PM   |  #7  

249 posts
I would really like a calanxder icon/widget with the actual date... tcalander doesn't update daily.... id almost settle for a no date calander short cut icon....ideas thanks

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App
15th September 2010, 08:32 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 11

128 posts
Unfortunately it seems the "My Calendar" is part of the Samsung calendar app that can't be removed. The best you can do is hide it, but any events you create will still be assigned to the pink My Calendar by default. So whenever you create an event, you have to choose the calendar you want.

The obvious workaround would be to replace the TouchWiz calendar with the stock Android calendar, but I just tried that a little while ago and it didn't work. There may be a way to get it working in the future. Until then I'm just ignoring the My Calendar thing.
16th September 2010, 04:08 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 24

41 posts
More
I was able to replace the TouchWiz calendar with the normal Android calendar roughly according to the directions in this thread: forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=735035
(Sorry for the crappy link, but I can't do proper links yet.)

I've edited mcb00f's directions slightly and repeated and repeated them here:
Quote:

1.) You must have root to replace the TouchWiz calendar! Use root explorer or ADB to move TouchWizCalendar.apk, TouchWizCalendar.odex, TouchWizCalendarProvider.apk and TouchWizCalendarProvider.odex to somewhere on your SD Card as backups. Reboot.

2.) Go into manage applications. Filter to all. Uninstall com.android.calendar.apk and com.android.provider.calendar.apk. Reboot again.

3.) Download Calendar.apk and CalendarProvider.apk from the thread referenced above and copy them to your SD card. Install both.

4.) If you want, use root explorer to move them from /data/app to /system/app but it's really not necessary. Reboot again, should sync by default but re-enable if you need to.

If you get an error or it doesn't work, it's probably because you didn't reboot one of the three times you need to do so!

Hope that helps!

Edit: Just in case it wasn't clear, the My Calendar calendar and events in it will be deleted along with the TouchWiz calendar app, so if you have anything you want to keep from that calendar, you should back it up accordingly!
Last edited by CogDancer; 16th September 2010 at 04:16 AM. Reason: Warning added.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread