Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Phatom Skinz *ON SALE*

OP Fixter

6th September 2010, 05:56 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Durham
Thanks Meter: 91

1,404 posts
Donate to Me
More
I highly recommend them. They worked flawlessly on my Evo. And I had the Full Screen Protector and Carbon Fiber on my Evo. And I plan on purchasing for my Epic too.
http://phantomskinz.com/samsungepic4...csgalaxys.aspx

Also here is a coupon for 30% off. summersale2010
6th September 2010, 09:35 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
I hear that Phantomskinz are easily scratched. I know that they will still protect the phone even if they do get scratched, but then you still end up looking at a scratched skin for as long as you have it. Have you had any problems with that?

PS' site labels the product as "self-healing" from scratches, but from what I've read it seems as though even a moderately large/deep scratch manages to stay put. Other than that, PS skins are supposed to be great, but that was the reason I was initially turned off from them.
6th September 2010, 09:45 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Durham

1,404 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanFTM

I hear that Phantomskinz are easily scratched. I know that they will still protect the phone even if they do get scratched, but then you still end up looking at a scratched skin for as long as you have it. Have you had any problems with that?

PS' site labels the product as "self-healing" from scratches, but from what I've read it seems as though even a moderately large/deep scratch manages to stay put. Other than that, PS skins are supposed to be great, but that was the reason I was initially turned off from them.

They are self healing. I had 2 scratches on my Evo from dropping it and they disappeared in like 2 or 3 days. And whenever it looked a little blurry I would just use some polishing compound and rub it and it came back to a new state.
6th September 2010, 11:49 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

22 posts
I have tried many of these covers and phantom skinz are the best in terms of not even noticing it is on the device. Also they are slick and generally you just forget they are even there. Bestskinsever and invisible shields almost always have a slightly bumpy texture or graininess that I could never use.
7th September 2010, 12:00 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Durham

1,404 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by navoid

I have tried many of these covers and phantom skinz are the best in terms of not even noticing it is on the device. Also they are slick and generally you just forget they are even there. Bestskinsever and invisible shields almost always have a slightly bumpy texture or graininess that I could never use.

1+ Exactly.
7th September 2010, 12:33 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Just purchased mine. Matte version for me though, I hope it's as nice of quality as people say. It was a touch decision, but since wrapsol hasn't released their skin yet and neither has Stenheil, I made the leap :P

Use the coupon code "summersale2010" to get 30% off! That made it a nice deal.
7th September 2010, 01:39 AM   |  #7  
Flag Bayamon
Thanks Meter: 85

491 posts
More
Gonna purchase a set but quick question , Is it ok to use without a pouch or case , it wont lift from keeping the phone in my pockets..
7th September 2010, 02:09 PM   |  #8  
Flag Detroit area
Thanks Meter: 12

146 posts
More
I would like to know if there are lifting issues also.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App
7th September 2010, 02:46 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Durham

1,404 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by s9ortner

I would like to know if there are lifting issues also.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

I know from experience that this are WAY better than Zagg invisible shield and they do NOT have lifting issues whatsoever.
7th September 2010, 09:35 PM   |  #10  
Flag Tulsa
Thanks Meter: 1

21 posts
More
does it protect the screen too? i watched some of the installatioin vids, and it doesnt look like it covers the screen...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread