Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,599 Members 43,185 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Dont do business with cheapdroids.com!!

Tip us?

commander2k
Old
(Last edited by commander2k; 7th September 2010 at 07:49 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Dont do business with cheapdroids.com!!

I had a completely terrible experience with this company. I was told a product was available early, so I ordered it that day and it took them 3 weeks to ship it still. I finally get my product, and I failed to actually read the description (probably my own fault) and its a clear snap on case. The picture makes it look like its a white snap on case (the coolest one Ive ever seen). So I call them, and their customer service person and I argued about how the case appears exactly as it would on the phone.
Their picture:

My picture:

Like I said, Its kind of my fault. I tried to tell her the picture was very misleading and she was very rude. They took forever and a day to ship my product and some of their other things are overpriced. So, just letting you all know, I had a terrible experience. Buyer Beware

fishersdad
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I just bought the same exact thing from them for my Captivate and I like it . It slides easily in and out of the pocket and it allows you to see the carbon fiber back still and logo for Galaxy s which is cool . I would say yea that the image needs updating but all in all I personally like the way it looks . Just my 2 cents

commander2k
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I agree its a good case, but Im not much for the clear cases... So as far as my experience as a whole, terrible. Product- good, but not my type.

The biggest thing for me is that I was told it was available august 12th but it wasnt shipped until sept 3rd.

solufein
Old
Thanks Meter 0
it's obviously waaaay thicker than what the pic leads me to believe. color aside, that thing is a monstrosity.

commander2k
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Keep in mind, I didnt have the front faceplate on., so it probably looks bigger than it is. I just took a quick pic because I sat there for 10 or 15 minutes with this lady on the phone arguing that their picture wasnt an accurate depiction.

Paladuck
Old
Thanks Meter 0
That's retarded...the picture is clearly white and the real thing is clearly clear lol.

commander2k
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladuck View Post
That's retarded...the picture is clearly white and the real thing is clearly clear lol.
According to her, it looks exactly as it would on the phone. She apologized that if I thought it had a smoky haze it was just a misconception. I was just mad I had to argue with her over it...

Rongvald
Old
(Last edited by Rongvald; 8th September 2010 at 09:02 PM.) Reason: Incorrect Content
Thanks Meter 0
Deleted because I was wrong.

It turns out the product picture in the OP is that of the Azmer Clear Snap On Crystal Hard Case - which is described as having a color of "Clear"
http://www.amzer.com/Amzer-Clear-Sna...ase-P88843.htm

commander2k
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Yeah, I realized after I got it that the description says clear... I ordered this when it was only on 1 or 2 sites. But I was looking through pictures of cases on google shopping to find one i liked, and I saw this picture... Didnt even bother to read because it looked awesome.

alphadog00
Old
Thanks Meter 42
I think the problem is that the "picture" is not a photograph but an artist rendering. This rendering shows what parts are covered and what are not; it clearly does not show any cutouts for side buttons - this should be visible in either the front or back image.

They took a picture of the phone and shaded around it with an opaque image to show how the case would cover. The case is bigger then pictured, and has a completely different level of transparency. I see no disclaimer that this is an artists renderring.

This is misleading and i would dispute with your credit card company or paypal.
Samsung Captivate - rooted
iPhone - jailbroken