Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,823 Members 42,073 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC Sync 3.0 & Windows 7 - no device connected

Tip us?

maximx86
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default HTC Sync 3.0 & Windows 7 - no device connected

I know that other people are having similar problems with Android phones, but I just got a Wildfire today and it doesn't get detected.

I have Windows 7 x86, HTC Sync 3.0.5422. I am running HTC Sync as administrator with disabled AV and Firewall. I am using the back USB ports. I don't see any other options in HTCSync than Help and About. HTC is appearing in Devices and Printers normally.

It also comes in Device Manager under

- Disk Drives as HTC Android Phone USB Devices
- portable Devices as D:\ (next free letter drive)

Anyone has any ideas?

Thanks

thearif
Old
Thanks Meter 125
When you first connect your phone to the computer, make sure that you enabled "usb debugging". Once this is done, you should not have any more problems.
To activate usb debugging, just go settings -> applications > usb debugging.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App

fishb00n
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I had the same problem on x64. Couldn't get it to work till I was so frustrated about it and gave up. I think there is a problem with the usb drivers.

Insinr8
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Enabling USB debugging allows me to connect. But as soon as it looks like syncing, the wildfire comes up with "prepairing SD card" and it disconnects

Very frustraiting

Skye Menjou
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishb00n View Post
I had the same problem on x64. Couldn't get it to work till I was so frustrated about it and gave up. I think there is a problem with the usb drivers.

Works fine for me on 7 x64.
I did install the drivers from the SD card earlier though for development.
Quote:
"Love is wise Hatred is foolish." In this world, which is getting more and more closely interconnected, we have to learn to tolerate each other. We have to learn to put up with the fact, that some people say things we don't like. We can only live together in that way. But if we are to live together, and not die together, we must learn a kind of charity and a kind of tolerance which is absolutely vital, to the continuation of human life on this planet. - Bertrand Russel

Zeusie
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I had similar problems - which all disappeared when I used a different usb port. The one's at the front of my PC just didn't work. Ones at the back worked fine.

fishb00n
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye Menjou View Post
Works fine for me on 7 x64.
I did install the drivers from the SD card earlier though for development.
I know it should work. but I can't find out what exactly is causing this behavior - and that sickens me Cause usually I get everything to work =]

I did uninstall everything that had to do with HTC. Sync App, Drivers, everything. Rebooted and tried from scratch.

I saw that Windows Update automatically downloads drivers for the Wildfire as soon as it detects it on USB. I had no chance to abort that so that I could install the Stock HTC drivers that came on the SD Card.

As soon as Windows said the device should be ready to use, I installed Sync again and tested if sync was working. Didn't work. Then I installed HTC drivers from SD Card. Tried if it works. Nothing. Rebooted. Tried Again. Nothing. USB Debugging on. Nothing. USB Debugging off. Nothing ... I don't know any further

Skye do you have installed the HBOOT driver from unrevoked along with the HTC drivers? Could it be possible that they both interfere somehow? Or is this not possible at all.

Skye Menjou
Old
Thanks Meter 21
I don't use the HBOOT drivers since I don't have my device rooted.I can see that it could have an effect.
I'll check the device name, hardware id and driver version for the ADB tomorrow and we shall compare it with yours.
Quote:
"Love is wise Hatred is foolish." In this world, which is getting more and more closely interconnected, we have to learn to tolerate each other. We have to learn to put up with the fact, that some people say things we don't like. We can only live together in that way. But if we are to live together, and not die together, we must learn a kind of charity and a kind of tolerance which is absolutely vital, to the continuation of human life on this planet. - Bertrand Russel

rolks
Old
Thanks Meter 5
i had same problem, turned out it is firewall blocking (least for me), disabled security suite and all works fine. i had f-secure internet security

robotperson
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Plug in using rear USBs

Well, plugging in using the rear USBs worked for me. Slightly inconvenient. Maybe they're trying to sell more docks...