Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,005 Members 49,587 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Broken USB connector x10

Tip us?

franzfume
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Broken USB connector x10

Hi. My x10 has a broken USB connector so I can't use cable. I charge battery in a wall charger. Thinking about 2.1 I can't update using wifi ? Any way to do it ota or using software on sd card?

Sent from my X10i using XDA App

McKebapp
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by franzfume View Post
Hi. My x10 has a broken USB connector so I can't use cable. I charge battery in a wall charger. Thinking about 2.1 I can't update using wifi ? Any way to do it ota or using software on sd card?

Hi franzfume,

can you please explain "broken USB connector" a little more?
Maybe I can help out.
Never forget -->

iead1
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by franzfume View Post

If you can charge the phone, the USB port can't be broken... Are you sure it's not your PC?

Also, OTA depends on your carrier. It may take longer than a computer-based upgrade.

McKebapp
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by iead1 View Post
If you can charge the phone, the USB port can't be broken... Are you sure it's not your PC?

Also, OTA depends on your carrier. It may take longer than a computer-based upgrade.
Hi iead1,

I'm not sure, but I think you misread: "I charge the battery in a wall charger".
If I get it right, he takes the battery out of the phone and charges it separately.

I think more of a USB connector, which is ripped of the PCB.
Maybe it can be resoldered.
but that would be a very uncommon failure for this phone, as the connector is very good soldered:

Maybe it's just a defective Cable?
Never forget -->

go3asy
Old
Thanks Meter 210

DONATE TO ME
The micro usb port on my first x10 nacked after a month and i got a new phone under warrenty. when plugging in cable it was very wobbly and had no constant connection and kept connecting/disconnecting every few seconds on the PC and wouldnt charge

If you like my work.

McKebapp
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by go3asy View Post
The micro usb port on my first x10 nacked after a month and i got a new phone under warrenty. when plugging in cable it was very wobbly and had no constant connection and kept connecting/disconnecting every few seconds on the PC and wouldnt charge
Sounds like a broken USB-Connector-Housing.
Strange... I didn't think this could happen.
Never forget -->

iead1
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by McKebapp View Post
Hi iead1,

I'm not sure, but I think you misread: "I charge the battery in a wall charger".
If I get it right, he takes the battery out of the phone and charges it separately.
Err, yeah, I did misread it, thanks!

I'll add though... microUSB was designed to withstand much more abuse than regular USB, due to it's use in phones and always being inserted/removed.

go3asy
Old
Thanks Meter 210

DONATE TO ME
yeah if you look at the plug plus the housing theres 2 little spikes that clip into holes in the housing one of them stopped catching which nacked it. Was always carful with it was only month old think it was just bad luck tbh

If you like my work.

franzfume
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
OK. Connector worked for some time but now isn't working. I have 2 spare battery and a wall charger. I can't have it repaired x10 buyed in franch but I live in Italy. Can I put 2.1just over the air? Thanks

franzfume
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Mhhhh you think I can open x10 and fix it myself? Difficult to open it?