Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,686 Members 37,107 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tg01 screwdriver, need repair TG01

Tip us?

alepavia
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Tg01 screwdriver, need repair TG01

I already asked where find the right screwdriver for opening the TG, someone have done the job?
The screwdriver have the same size of that found on ebay?
Thanks
Alessandro

mirolg
Old
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2,503

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by alepavia View Post
I already asked where find the right screwdriver for opening the TG, someone have done the job?
Thanks
Alessandro
yes, i have change my Cover + Touchscreen and buy this:

http://www.numan24.com/Handy-Werkzeu...lig::3075.html

kevinpwhite
Old
(Last edited by kevinpwhite; 10th September 2010 at 09:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by alepavia View Post
Thanks
Alessandro
This Tri-Wing screwdriver is just the job - very well machined and robust and importantly, a perfect fit for the size screws on the TG01. I can also commend the responsiveness and comms of the vendor.
Devices:
1). Toshiba TG01 - WM6.5 custom ROM (TG01_KPW121227.001) + 128GB Sandisk uSDXC UHS-I + Mugen 1.3Ah battery
2). Toshiba e830 WiFi+BT, WM2003SE + OzVGA; 32GB CF, 4GB SD, Garmin cfQue 1620 GPS; Audiovox GSM/GPRS data CF; Socket LP-E Ethernet
External Storage
250GB ext'l HD (Toshiba 1.8" in compact USB enclosure + LIon battery + custom cables)
Multimedia:
Audio: PocketMusic 5.3.5 up to 1141k kBits/s (.wav) + Westone W4R canalphones, Video: Skinned Core Player MPEG 1 up to 8MBits/s

Pere
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinpwhite View Post
This Tri-Wing screwdriver is just the job - very well machined and robust and importantly, a perfect fit for the size screws on the TG01. I can also commend the responsiveness and comms of the vendor.
Did you test it yourself on TG01 and it really works?

kevinpwhite
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pere View Post
Did you test it yourself on TG01 and it really works?
Hi Pere,

Yes, I've used on a TG01 and was a good fit to the tri-wing screws used on our devices.
Devices:
1). Toshiba TG01 - WM6.5 custom ROM (TG01_KPW121227.001) + 128GB Sandisk uSDXC UHS-I + Mugen 1.3Ah battery
2). Toshiba e830 WiFi+BT, WM2003SE + OzVGA; 32GB CF, 4GB SD, Garmin cfQue 1620 GPS; Audiovox GSM/GPRS data CF; Socket LP-E Ethernet
External Storage
250GB ext'l HD (Toshiba 1.8" in compact USB enclosure + LIon battery + custom cables)
Multimedia:
Audio: PocketMusic 5.3.5 up to 1141k kBits/s (.wav) + Westone W4R canalphones, Video: Skinned Core Player MPEG 1 up to 8MBits/s

drkdeath5000
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinpwhite View Post
Hi Pere,

Yes, I've used on a TG01 and was a good fit to the tri-wing screws used on our devices.
Good to hear there is a screwdriver that fits but Kevin do you know if you can buy this tri wing as a bit so i can fit it on my screwdriver ? I've bought a full set of triwing bits sizes 1 - 6 but none fit the tg01 and i prefer a bit rather than a seperate screwdriver that way i can keep them all together ...

mkultr4
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkdeath5000 View Post
Good to hear there is a screwdriver that fits but Kevin do you know if you can buy this tri wing as a bit so i can fit it on my screwdriver ? I've bought a full set of triwing bits sizes 1 - 6 but none fit the tg01 and i prefer a bit rather than a seperate screwdriver that way i can keep them all together ...
Hello,

Try wera tools. They manufacture screwdrivers,bits etc. I have one some where I will try and find it and let you know the part number. Your screwdriver has a 1/4" end?

alepavia
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Thank you all for the help, i'm not able to buy in amazon, they can't ship to Itlay, very strange message found at checkout..
"numan24" is good enough, but my credit card is out of date, i can use paypal. Tomorrow i'll try to reach the bank...
I'm trying in ebay, but i'm not sure for the size, nintendo DS and company have the same screws? someone that own that can help us!
After found the screwdriver i've to repair the usb port, when i connect charger nothing happen, but charging the battery manually the phone power up...

Howell
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirolg View Post
yes, i have change my Cover + Touchscreen
May I ask you where you get cover and touchscreen replacement ? and at what price ?
Latest toy :
Sony Xperia Z running Official Generic FR ROM rooted with TowelRoot

Backup Phone (in use) :
Sony Xperia Tipo (St21a) running Gimlo (4.0.3) v2.0 ROM

Asus Transformer Prime (C1OKAS) Rooted
ROM : CM11 latest Nightly build

Old ones :
2 HTC HD2 (one retired, the other dead)
Toshiba TG01 FRE Windows Phone
HTC Diamond (DIAM100)

kevinpwhite
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkdeath5000 View Post
I'm sorry, although I have several high-quality driver sets with many different interchangeable bits, I've not so far come across any which include a suitable tri-wing. Even if they are available somewhere, I very much doubt they would be sold on their own, but would love to get to know of a source...
Devices:
External Storage
Multimedia: