Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Tg01 screwdriver, need repair TG01

OP alepavia

9th September 2010, 12:55 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
35 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
I already asked where find the right screwdriver for opening the TG, someone have done the job?
The screwdriver have the same size of that found on ebay?
Thanks
Alessandro
9th September 2010, 12:13 PM   |  #2  
mirolg's Avatar
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,503
 
3,234 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alepavia

I already asked where find the right screwdriver for opening the TG, someone have done the job?
The screwdriver have the same size of that found on ebay?
Thanks
Alessandro

yes, i have change my Cover + Touchscreen and buy this:

http://www.numan24.com/Handy-Werkzeu...lig::3075.html
10th September 2010, 10:48 PM   |  #3  
kevinpwhite's Avatar
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 83
 
425 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by alepavia

I already asked where find the right screwdriver for opening the TG, someone have done the job?
The screwdriver have the same size of that found on ebay?
Thanks
Alessandro

This Tri-Wing screwdriver is just the job - very well machined and robust and importantly, a perfect fit for the size screws on the TG01. I can also commend the responsiveness and comms of the vendor.
Last edited by kevinpwhite; 10th September 2010 at 10:50 PM.
11th September 2010, 01:16 AM   |  #4  
Pere's Avatar
Senior Member
Palau (Barcelona) Spain
Thanks Meter: 68
 
644 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinpwhite

This Tri-Wing screwdriver is just the job - very well machined and robust and importantly, a perfect fit for the size screws on the TG01. I can also commend the responsiveness and comms of the vendor.

Did you test it yourself on TG01 and it really works?
11th September 2010, 10:34 PM   |  #5  
kevinpwhite's Avatar
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 83
 
425 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pere

Did you test it yourself on TG01 and it really works?

Hi Pere,

Yes, I've used on a TG01 and was a good fit to the tri-wing screws used on our devices.
11th September 2010, 11:20 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
214 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinpwhite

Hi Pere,

Yes, I've used on a TG01 and was a good fit to the tri-wing screws used on our devices.

Good to hear there is a screwdriver that fits but Kevin do you know if you can buy this tri wing as a bit so i can fit it on my screwdriver ? I've bought a full set of triwing bits sizes 1 - 6 but none fit the tg01 and i prefer a bit rather than a seperate screwdriver that way i can keep them all together ...
13th September 2010, 10:58 AM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
27 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkdeath5000

Good to hear there is a screwdriver that fits but Kevin do you know if you can buy this tri wing as a bit so i can fit it on my screwdriver ? I've bought a full set of triwing bits sizes 1 - 6 but none fit the tg01 and i prefer a bit rather than a seperate screwdriver that way i can keep them all together ...

Hello,

Try wera tools. They manufacture screwdrivers,bits etc. I have one some where I will try and find it and let you know the part number. Your screwdriver has a 1/4" end?
14th September 2010, 12:19 AM   |  #8  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
35 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
Thank you all for the help, i'm not able to buy in amazon, they can't ship to Itlay, very strange message found at checkout..
"numan24" is good enough, but my credit card is out of date, i can use paypal. Tomorrow i'll try to reach the bank...
I'm trying in ebay, but i'm not sure for the size, nintendo DS and company have the same screws? someone that own that can help us!
After found the screwdriver i've to repair the usb port, when i connect charger nothing happen, but charging the battery manually the phone power up...
14th September 2010, 02:26 PM   |  #9  
Howell's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 65
 
535 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2004
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirolg

yes, i have change my Cover + Touchscreen

May I ask you where you get cover and touchscreen replacement ? and at what price ?
15th September 2010, 10:40 PM   |  #10  
kevinpwhite's Avatar
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 83
 
425 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkdeath5000

Good to hear there is a screwdriver that fits but Kevin do you know if you can buy this tri wing as a bit so i can fit it on my screwdriver ? I've bought a full set of triwing bits sizes 1 - 6 but none fit the tg01 and i prefer a bit rather than a seperate screwdriver that way i can keep them all together ...

I'm sorry, although I have several high-quality driver sets with many different interchangeable bits, I've not so far come across any which include a suitable tri-wing. Even if they are available somewhere, I very much doubt they would be sold on their own, but would love to get to know of a source...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes