Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

[APP] Manila Today Page 0.5.0.2 for EnergyROMs

OP pietsukkel

9th September 2010, 02:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

107 posts
Manila Today Page was originally created for people who are using applications with Today screen plug-ins. When you use Manila or Sense, you are no longer able to display the old Today screen. MTP installs an extra tab, containing your Today screen plug-ins.
This is a modified version of MTP, compatible with EnergyROM's.

The images above show the Apple icon, I replaced it with the Window icon.

Installation instructions:
1) Install the cab file
2) Perform a soft reset
3) You should now see a second tab called Today Screen. If not, go to /Windows, delete ManilaFull.xml and perform a soft reset.
4) Select the Today Screen tab and tab the MTP Settings button to configure MTP.
5) Only select Today as Target Page, all others will not work.
6) tab the Items tab to select the plug-ins you want to display on the Today Screen tab.
7) Click the apply button
8) Close the MTP Configurator. If you are using WM 6.5.3, you will see no close button and thus have to close it through the task manager.

ManilaTodayPage_0.5.0.2_EnergyROM

Oct 6 2010 Updates:
Added the /boot option to the shortcut in /Windows/StartUp, this causes the pop-up message to be suppressed.
Added the missing icon file for the re-arrange home screen tabs panel (Thanks mike2nl for bringing this to my attention!)

Oct 12 2010 Update:
Fixed 26948339_manila file. New Energy ROMs are more critical about the syntax of this file. It contained a double space and Sense could not handle that.

After installing MTP, you have to manually delete the file /Windows/ManilaFull.xml on the latest EnergyROMs.
Last edited by pietsukkel; 12th October 2010 at 12:03 PM. Reason: File updated
9th September 2010, 07:51 PM   |  #2  
Flag Stuttgart
Thanks Meter: 7

72 posts
More
Is it also compatible to Energy with Maxsense ?

Cannot get it to work..... I will flash newest rom and try again.

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen02.jpg
Views:	813
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	398114   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen03.jpg
Views:	582
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	398115   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen04.jpg
Views:	478
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	398116  
9th September 2010, 10:36 PM   |  #3  

37 posts
Can the icon be the windows icon or something related, instead of the apple logo? Or can we change this ourselves?
9th September 2010, 10:49 PM   |  #4  
Flag Davistown
Thanks Meter: 1

223 posts
More
Diff with V4.0?
I have been successfully running V4.0 as the most stable version thus far for quite some time and have it loaded with my now Energy flashed HD2. Also, I put this onto the Calendar Page as it is far more logical and means I get a tab on the screen that shows me todays date - what are the advantages to moving to V5.0? That is, what has changed & what benefits am I going to see by reverting to using the today.page?

BTW, love your work!
10th September 2010, 02:51 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 49

331 posts
why the apple icon?
10th September 2010, 08:33 AM   |  #6  
Flag Stuttgart
Thanks Meter: 7

72 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietsukkel

The images above show the Apple icon, I replaced it with the Window icon.

take a closer look
10th September 2010, 09:09 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

107 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlk

I have been successfully running V4.0 as the most stable version thus far for quite some time and have it loaded with my now Energy flashed HD2. Also, I put this onto the Calendar Page as it is far more logical and means I get a tab on the screen that shows me todays date - what are the advantages to moving to V5.0?

Nothing. If version 4 works for you, stick to it. Version 0.5.x.x doesn't differ much from 0.4.x.x, it has only to do with the extra tabs that came with newer ROMs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlk

That is, what has changed & what benefits am I going to see by reverting to using the today.page?

I have never been able to use any other tab than the Today tab. You can select a different tab, but all other items on it are lost. If it's working for you on the Calender tab, leave it like that.
11th September 2010, 12:08 AM   |  #8  
Flag Davistown
Thanks Meter: 1

223 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietsukkel

I have never been able to use any other tab than the Today tab. You can select a different tab, but all other items on it are lost. If it's working for you on the Calender tab, leave it like that.

Quite simply by editing the Registry, I am able to grab the calendar page, does 5.0.2 give the option of the calendar page in configurator?

FYI: \\HKLM\Software\Microsoft\ManilaToday\TargetPage - set to calendar.page
11th September 2010, 11:36 PM   |  #9  
Flag So Cal
Thanks Meter: 2

51 posts
More
Good Idea, but killed Sense, Seems that deleting "ManillaFull" is the issue. I'll have to hard reset.
13th September 2010, 08:46 AM   |  #10  
Flag Near Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 535

3,603 posts
More
What's about this logo, or better manila today page icon? I have searched a while for that on our good old friend google.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread