5,599,190 Members 36,118 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Kernel] ikxdf's kernels (original HTC 2.6.29 stable and 2.6.35.4 for tests)

Tip us?
 
ikxdf
Old
(Last edited by ikxdf; 13th September 2010 at 02:26 PM.)
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 696
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Venice

 
DONATE TO ME
Default [Kernel] ikxdf's kernels (original HTC 2.6.29 stable and 2.6.35.4 for tests)

Hi guys,

I stopped a while to build rom for tatoo but I continued to follow the thread.
For fun I have compiled the latest stable kernel ... if anyone cares to test it I'll put the link here.

I take this opportunity to insert a link to my kernel sources generated using HTC.
I think it's correct to use this kernel for the development of libraries on the camera and radio, as it turns out to be the only kernel you know works.
Compiling the latest kernel I have seen many great features ... but totally missing some drivers, such as those in radio ...
I do not understand this anxiety developers to have a custom kernel and the most updated ... But I think it is appropriate to start building a secure kernel. When the camera and the radio works then you can create as many kernels you want ... but not before.

This is my thought ... meanwhile I'll use this post to whoever wants to download the kernel and HTC for those who want to test my kernel 2.6.35.4.

Kernel_2.6.29_HTC
contain for shure all drivers for FMRadio,camera,bt ecc and all htc patches (if presents). this kernel il generated from HTC kernel source downloaded from htc site.
Features added: ext3 and ext4 partitions support

Kernel_2.6.35.4_v1NOT WORKING
Is a testing kernel. it is generated compiling the last stable source released on kernel.org

Kernel_2.6.35.4_v2
- FMRadio diriver inculded
- voltage and current regulator support
- Led drivers
- ext3 ext4
 
francians
Old
#2  
francians's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 449
Join Date: May 2010
nice job, my friend.
 
ikxdf
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 696
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Venice

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by francians View Post
nice job, my friend.
is not nice... it haven't the radio drivers and i don't know if it work well...

i have only spent some time today because i have nothing to do..
it isn't a serious kernel for me...
 
schwarzlichtkind
Old
#4  
schwarzlichtkind's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 62
Posts: 283
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bildungsrepublik
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikxdf View Post
Hi guys,

... But I think it is appropriate to start building a secure kernel. When the camera and the radio works then you can create as many kernels you want ... but not before.
Although Im no dev, this is actually very sensible. Id rather had a slightly outdated but FULLY functional kernel, than the most up-to-date but crippled one...
 
segway_
Old
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 75
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ioannina
No source or config files or tweeks you made?

Good day ikxdf!

Seg
 
ikxdf
Old
#6  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 696
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Venice

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by segway_ View Post
No source or config files or tweeks you made?

Good day ikxdf!

Seg
i will upload the source and the config soon
 
segway_
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 75
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ioannina
The attached kernel Kernel_2.6.35.4_v1_[ikxdf].zip does not even boot.
No adb no something on /proc/last_kmsg after boot to recovery!!
Nice try ikxdf.

Seg.
 
kiljacken
Old
(Last edited by kiljacken; 10th September 2010 at 07:57 PM.)
#8  
kiljacken's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 260
Posts: 1,075
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Taastrup

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by segway_ View Post
The attached kernel Kernel_2.6.35.4_v1_[ikxdf].zip does not even boot.
No adb no something on /proc/last_kmsg after boot to recovery!!
Nice try ikxdf.

Seg.
This is because he based it on the stock Linux kernel, and not the android branch... I don't even know if it's compiled for ARM or x86, but I'll check that soon...

Sent from my HTC Hero using XDA App

EDIT: I have checked for the kernel architecture and it is compiled for ARM. I also took the liberty of extracting the config from it, and saw that it seriously need lots of attention. I have attached a copy of the config below... BTW: good luck with getting this to work :)
Attached Files
File Type: txt config.txt - [Click for QR Code] (37.8 KB, 23 views)
Galaxy Nexus

"10% Ramesh Babu..."
 
ikxdf
Old
(Last edited by ikxdf; 11th September 2010 at 12:12 PM.)
#9  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 696
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Venice

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by segway_ View Post
The attached kernel Kernel_2.6.35.4_v1_[ikxdf].zip does not even boot.
No adb no something on /proc/last_kmsg after boot to recovery!!
Nice try ikxdf.

Seg.
please sega-way evitate your sarcasm and read well before writing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikxdf View Post
is not nice... it haven't the radio drivers and i don't know if it work well...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikxdf View Post
For fun I have compiled the latest stable kernel ... if anyone cares to test it I'll put the link here.
if u don't know i haven't a tatto for testing.
if anyone want test and send me the error i will try to fix if i find the time.
for me the only correct kernel is the 2.6.29 compiled from the htc source. All other kernel is only a game.
For the next time...learn to read all post before writing.


Thanks
 
ikxdf
Old
#10  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 696
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Venice

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiljacken View Post
This is because he based it on the stock Linux kernel, and not the android branch... I don't even know if it's compiled for ARM or x86, but I'll check that soon...

Sent from my HTC Hero using XDA App

EDIT: I have checked for the kernel architecture and it is compiled for ARM. I also took the liberty of extracting the config from it, and saw that it seriously need lots of attention. I have attached a copy of the config below... BTW: good luck with getting this to work :)
thanks Kill. I can't take a look now but next week i will try to recompile it. Please i need a .config of a original 1.6 ROM...can u upload it here?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...