Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,145 Members 42,087 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] WiimoteController for Epic, anyone get it to work?

Tip us?

travo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] WiimoteController for Epic, anyone get it to work?

Has anyone had any success so far trying to pair a wiimote to the Epic?

I keep getting a bluetooth not found when I try with WiimoteController.

If I try to connect just using the bluetooth connectivity app, the phone sees the wiimote, but there is no way to find the pairing code.

Are there any known bluetooth game pads that can be paired with the epic and button mapped?

chiefchief
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Talked to the dev of the wiimote app. He says it's incompatible with Samsung devices, no plans on making it compatible.

rawsoup
Old
Thanks Meter 1
well, it's not compatible, but there is a game grip coming out soon that perhaps rivals or even surpasses the wiimotes usability.
Current Phone: rooted Epic

hydralisk
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefchief View Post
Talked to the dev of the wiimote app. He says it's incompatible with Samsung devices, no plans on making it compatible.
He can't make it compatible as it most likely has to do with how Samsung implements Bluetooth. I dont understand why phone companies are limiting the devices that can connect to their phones as it just limits functionality. Cyanogen Mod 6 fixed this for the EVO... so it's possible a custom rom can do the same for the Epic.

Masterface7
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydralisk View Post
He can't make it compatible as it most likely has to do with how Samsung implements Bluetooth. I dont understand why phone companies are limiting the devices that can connect to their phones as it just limits functionality. Cyanogen Mod 6 fixed this for the EVO... so it's possible a custom rom can do the same for the Epic.
I heard that was backwards and that the epics bluetooth stack is too new and not fully compatible with older devices. Maybe the new wiimotes coming out with motion plus inside will work.
Device: Nexus 5
ROM: The one with Android 4.x

mrv8killer
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i hope so cause i just got nba jam for snes and would love to use a controller

SeenNotScene
Old
Thanks Meter 7
From what I understand it has to do with the samsung 3.0 bluetooth. No Galaxy S phones have been able to get it to work....yet. I would love this for my Captivate, but you Epic people have a keyboard. Better than nothing

borisblade
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Try posting something helpful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterface7 View Post
I heard that was backwards and that the epics bluetooth stack is too new and not fully compatible with older devices. Maybe the new wiimotes coming out with motion plus inside will work.
My epic connects to my bluetooth in my 2005 Lexus without problem. Wii is a whole lot newer.

newkidd
Old
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 69

DONATE TO ME
from what ive seen around the block, the bluetooth pairing code isnt null (no password) but the password is actually the MAC ID reversed. so if the bluetooth mac is 01:02:03:04:05 then the password would be 0504030201. never really had the time to test this or try this out but someone might and we will be one step closer
Im just a frog, tryin to get some wood.

Masterface7
Old
Thanks Meter 43
I just saw a video where a guy was showing off n64oid on a nexus s using a wiimote via bluetooth and since that is a galaxy s variant I was wondering if this is any hope for a wiimote working with the epic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clv7wNRH2kY
Device: Nexus 5
ROM: The one with Android 4.x