FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

[Q] WiimoteController for Epic, anyone get it to work?

21 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By travo, Junior Member on 9th September 2010, 06:25 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Has anyone had any success so far trying to pair a wiimote to the Epic?

I keep getting a bluetooth not found when I try with WiimoteController.

If I try to connect just using the bluetooth connectivity app, the phone sees the wiimote, but there is no way to find the pairing code.

Are there any known bluetooth game pads that can be paired with the epic and button mapped?

18th September 2010, 01:40 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Talked to the dev of the wiimote app. He says it's incompatible with Samsung devices, no plans on making it compatible.
18th September 2010, 04:45 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
well, it's not compatible, but there is a game grip coming out soon that perhaps rivals or even surpasses the wiimotes usability.
18th September 2010, 04:48 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefchief

Talked to the dev of the wiimote app. He says it's incompatible with Samsung devices, no plans on making it compatible.

He can't make it compatible as it most likely has to do with how Samsung implements Bluetooth. I dont understand why phone companies are limiting the devices that can connect to their phones as it just limits functionality. Cyanogen Mod 6 fixed this for the EVO... so it's possible a custom rom can do the same for the Epic.
11th October 2010, 06:08 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydralisk

He can't make it compatible as it most likely has to do with how Samsung implements Bluetooth. I dont understand why phone companies are limiting the devices that can connect to their phones as it just limits functionality. Cyanogen Mod 6 fixed this for the EVO... so it's possible a custom rom can do the same for the Epic.

I heard that was backwards and that the epics bluetooth stack is too new and not fully compatible with older devices. Maybe the new wiimotes coming out with motion plus inside will work.
13th October 2010, 11:09 AM |#6  

More
i hope so cause i just got nba jam for snes and would love to use a controller
15th October 2010, 03:12 PM |#7  
Flag Edmond
Thanks Meter: 7

More
From what I understand it has to do with the samsung 3.0 bluetooth. No Galaxy S phones have been able to get it to work....yet. I would love this for my Captivate, but you Epic people have a keyboard. Better than nothing
23rd December 2010, 07:43 PM |#8  

More
Try posting something helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterface7

I heard that was backwards and that the epics bluetooth stack is too new and not fully compatible with older devices. Maybe the new wiimotes coming out with motion plus inside will work.

My epic connects to my bluetooth in my 2005 Lexus without problem. Wii is a whole lot newer.
23rd December 2010, 11:36 PM |#9  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Midland
Thanks Meter: 69

Donate to Me
More
from what ive seen around the block, the bluetooth pairing code isnt null (no password) but the password is actually the MAC ID reversed. so if the bluetooth mac is 01:02:03:04:05 then the password would be 0504030201. never really had the time to test this or try this out but someone might and we will be one step closer
7th March 2011, 04:17 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
I just saw a video where a guy was showing off n64oid on a nexus s using a wiimote via bluetooth and since that is a galaxy s variant I was wondering if this is any hope for a wiimote working with the epic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clv7wNRH2kY
7th March 2011, 04:27 PM |#11  
Flag Newark, DE - originally from Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 261

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterface7

I just saw a video where a guy was showing off n64oid on a nexus s using a wiimote via bluetooth and since that is a galaxy s variant I was wondering if this is any hope for a wiimote working with the epic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clv7wNRH2kY

Nexus S is AOSP. Our Galaxy S phones has a different bluetooth stack that will not allow a Wiimote to connect to it, & its up to Samsung to change this, same as HTC and phones that uses Sense. Either get a game gripper (www.game-gripper.com, I just ordered one yesterday), or wait for CM7 to come out for our Epics, then you can use a Wiimote.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread