Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,807 Members 52,727 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] Rotation Toggler

Tip us?
 
mlbl
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 168
Join Date: May 2010
Talking [APP] Rotation Toggler

Rotation toggler is essentially an auto-rotate screen toggler application that allows you to enable or disable android's auto-rotate feature. This is useful especially when you don't want the screen to change its orientation when say..you're reading an ebook or browsing a site and don't want your browser to change its orientation. Just long press on the search button and select "rotation toggler" or launch the application in your app drawer and toggle the auto-rotation on or off. It is just that simple! Don't forget to try my other free apps. Ad-supported (requires and uses internet connection ONLY if you launch the app via app drawer).

I created this app out of a request from my friend who wants an app to easily toggle the auto-rotation in his nexus one. Thought I'd share this app with the rest of the world, i'm sure someone will find it useful. Enjoy

You can download Rotation Toggler along with my other android apps here:
http://slideme.org/user/mlbl
 
Timmmmmm
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 55
Join Date: Nov 2009

 
DONATE TO ME
You know there's already a free widget in the market that does this. And it doesn't have ads.

It's called "Autorotate OnOff" by Curvefish.
 
mlbl
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 168
Join Date: May 2010
Mine is not a widget, its a replacement when u long press on the search button. so its an alternative. For instance you're in adobe reader, you just long press, select the rotation toggler and you're done. With a widget, you'd have to press the home button, toggle the widget.
 
AaBoyXX
Old
#4  
Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 30
Join Date: Dec 2009
I wonder whether you could do that it woulden't rotate the home screen, bot like the browser (ect.) would? And so I don't have to switch manual every time.
 
kkssgg
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 22
Join Date: Jun 2010
buttom customization would be nice (maybe long home press) as search button is being used by couple other apps (Quick Settings, Voice Search)
 
kekkle
Old
#6  
kekkle's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 432
Join Date: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkssgg View Post
buttom customization would be nice (maybe long home press) as search button is being used by couple other apps (Quick Settings, Voice Search)
Long press Home: Task Switcher
Long press Menu: Show keyboard
Long press Back: Close App/Show History
Long press Search: Voice Search

Most buttons already have a long press function
 
mlbl
Old
#7  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 168
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaBoyXX View Post
I wonder whether you could do that it woulden't rotate the home screen, bot like the browser (ect.) would? And so I don't have to switch manual every time.
Actually if i'm not mistaken the stock home screen for most phones won't rotate, at least my n1 doesn't unless you're using a custom home screen like adw or launcher pro. Also this is not possible to disable just one part of the system such as the home screen or the browser. Its either off entirely for all or none at all.

kkssgg > Can't be done for other buttons, apps are not allowed to use other buttons for long pressing as it interfere's with its existing functions (home screen long press - switch apps, menu long press - keyboard, back button long press - well nothing but so far its not possible to long press a back button).
 
formaldehyde
Old
#8  
formaldehyde's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 91
Join Date: Aug 2010
Awesome app! Thank you very much!
 
mlbl
Old
#9  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 168
Join Date: May 2010
Thanks! Don't forget to try out my other apps, I believe you will find them useful too. Enjoy
 
AaBoyXX
Old
#10  
Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 30
Join Date: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbl View Post
Actually if i'm not mistaken the stock home screen for most phones won't rotate, at least my n1 doesn't unless you're using a custom home screen like adw or launcher pro. Also this is not possible to disable just one part of the system such as the home screen or the browser. Its either off entirely for all or none at all.

kkssgg > Can't be done for other buttons, apps are not allowed to use other buttons for long pressing as it interfere's with its existing functions (home screen long press - switch apps, menu long press - keyboard, back button long press - well nothing but so far its not possible to long press a back button).

A, Ok. Thanks, the app is stile great and I will use it for my phone. And yes I'm using luncherPro.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Android Wear App Review: Command Google Now with Commandr – XDA Developer TV

OK Google. Make Me a sandwich. How many times have you … more

Play Your Hits and Learn the Lyrics with NextGen Music Player

There are plenty of music players for Android available in Play Store. They … more

Control Your Toast Notifications with SlicedToasts

Toasts are delicious, even in their Android flavor. In Android, toast doesn’t lead … more

Rotation Lets You Take Full Control of Your Device’s Orientation Settings

To be brutally honest, the native options for screen … more