10th September 2010, 03:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 116

871 posts
Donate to Me
More
*****Omegasuns App and Sense Removal Script*****

Version 2 now compliant with new Recoveries

This script was created to make removing bloatware, sense, HTC widgets and many of the safe apps from your EVO easy. I personally run pretty bare bone version of the roms I use. I remove Sense and most of the excess apps that i replace or dont use.Because this was so time consuming to do manually with how much i flash i started working on a script that allowed me to do this quickly.

I have followed many different threads listing what people have found is ok and what people have found is not ok to remove.

Please remember that this script removes the apps that I personally dont use or need. While some of the apps may not be considered bloatware y some I typically run a pretty bare system. Please see post 2 for instructions on how to modify this version of the script so that you can adjust it for your needs.

To Use:
1. Flash your new rom (you can use with your existing skip to step 3)

2. Boot up the phone fully

3. Install your launcher replacement and set it as default.

4. go into Friend stream and turn off auto-sync for Facebook(leaving contacts is ok)

5. reboot into recovery

6. Nand back up

7. flash the attached .zip

8. reboot

This will completly remove sense and the HTC apps/lockscreen as well as all peer networking and sprint apps except navigation, VVM, and promotion. It will also remove various other apps that have been found that when removed do not cause stability or other outstanding issues.

This script has been tested on Evio, Fresh, Damage Control, Koni's Elite, Myns, MikFroyo,and Virus Roms on several EVOs with out problems. I am not responsibility for boot loops, data loss, or damage done to your phone. PLEASE REMEMBER TO NAND BACKUP

Regaw_Leinad Has graciously created an app to allow you to edit this script and resign it easily. If you want to change anything in the script i highly suggest downloading it and using it to do so

you can get it

HERE

All you do is drag and drop the zip of choice (1 or the other of the 2 zips attached to the OP) on top of this program's icon, it will open the script for editing. Can be run from anywhere on the computer.

Steps for using RegawMOD Script Editor v1.0 Omegasun:
1. Drag and Drop zip on top of this programs icon
2. Edit Script when it pops up
3. Save Script, then close Notepad
4. Go back to program window, select YES to go on
5. The original zip is now updated with all of your changes and still signed!

NOTE: This will currently NOT work for the old attachment O_A_S_R_W_mail&browser_1.0.zip, because the zip can NOT contain the "&" symbol in the zips name.

If you downloaded the version with & in the name either change the name or redownload the corrected file.

A huge thanks to him for making this!

thank you to zergburger for maintaining a great thread with ok to remove apps, Calkulin for his sense removal zip It helped me verify the apks i have being removed. Another huge thanks to Regaw_Leinad for his app to edit the script as well as his easy signing app and Karadorde For creating a CM 7 version of the script (see 2nd post)
Attached Files
File Type: zip OmegaSunS_App_Sense_Removal_v2.zip - [Click for QR Code] (154.6 KB, 327 views)
Last edited by omegasun18; 31st March 2011 at 06:26 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to omegasun18 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th September 2010, 03:16 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

871 posts
Donate to Me
More
Karadorde's CM 6.1 Version! - attached to bottom of post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karadorde

Here is my CM 6.1 version of the App Removal Tool. It only deletes apps from the system because there isn't really anything to delete from the data folder. Below is a list of apps included in the tool.

Development.apk
DSPManager.apk
Browser.apk
CarHomeGoogle.apk
CareHomeLauncher.apk
CMWallpapers.apk
GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk
GenieWidget.apk
LatinIME.apk
LiveWallpapers.apk
LiveWallpapersPicker.apk
MagicSmokeWallpapers.apk
PicoTts.apk
Protips.apk
TtsService.apk
Email.apk
FM.apk
FileManager.apk
SoundRecorder.apk
Torch.apk
VoiceDialer.apk

Attached Files
File Type: zip Omegasun_karadorde_CM7_App_Removal.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.2 KB, 45 views)
Last edited by omegasun18; 31st March 2011 at 06:25 PM.
10th September 2010, 03:50 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

871 posts
Donate to Me
More
Regaw's app will NOT work with v2 of this script. you can still get V1 at the bottom of this post

Regaw_Leinad Has graciously created an app to allow you to edit this script and resign it easily. If you want to change anything in the script i highly suggest downloading it and using it to do so

you can get it

HERE

All you do is drag and drop the zip of choice (1 or the other of the 2 zips attached to the OP) on top of this program's icon, it will open the script for editing. Can be run from anywhere on the computer.

Steps for using RegawMOD Script Editor v1.0 Omegasun:
1. Drag and Drop zip on top of this programs icon
2. Edit Script when it pops up
3. Save Script, then close Notepad
4. Go back to program window, select YES to go on
5. The original zip is now updated with all of your changes and still signed!

NOTE: This will currently NOT work for the old attachment O_A_S_R_W_mail&browser_1.0.zip, because the zip can NOT contain the "&" symbol in the zips name.

If you downloaded the version with & in the name either change the name or redownload the corrected file.

A huge thanks to him for making this!

Known Issues:

MAY CAUSE LED INDICATION OF A MESSAGE WHILE CHARGING TO STOP - ie when you are charging and you get a text message you may not see the blinking green led it will remain Amber. i am currently investigating this and will update once i find a solution.

Change Log:
V2
Rewrote script to EDIFY standard allowing it to be flashed with newer Recoveries
Script no longer removes the following apps:
Spint wifi router
Quick Search
Browser
Mail
Maps

V 1.0

Removed HTC widgets - (all rosie apps)
Removed Sense
Removed HTC lock screen
Removed Quick search (this disables search button)
Removed Sprint Apps -Nascar, Qik, NFL, TV, wifi router
Removed Peer Networking apps - Twitter, facebook ,friend stream, flickr
Removed stock Browser, mail and messaging apps
Removed Various apps i dont use - car dock, foot prints, maps(can reinstall from market), News apps, FM radio apps, flashlight apps, Google search box, log collector, bug reporter, teeter, voice dial, amazonmp3, appsharing, teeter, RSS
Removed Misc Wallpapers
Removed Latin IME keyboard
Removed World Clock, desktop clock
Removed various other MISC apks that have been found to be ok to remove - DCSStock, widget download manager
Last edited by omegasun18; 24th March 2011 at 02:55 PM.
10th September 2010, 09:54 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

61 posts
thanks for replying back to my in my Q and A thread. I modified your script a bit but I have a question. Why is there a delete for SYSTEM and DATA? Also, is it safe to remove livewallpaper picker? and what about weather?
10th September 2010, 10:18 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 6

871 posts
I've been doing this manually on many of the roms that I use so this is great. It would be even greater if the script was modified, if possible, to place everything that has been removed in a folder on your sd card. This way if you do want something back on your system, you can easily reinstall it.
10th September 2010, 11:26 PM   |  #6  
Flag CRP
Thanks Meter: 6

288 posts
More
Ima try it out on mah Fresh 3.2 later
10th September 2010, 11:42 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 13

948 posts
just a quick suggestion.
you are removing KEY apps so Please post alternative applications that people should download PRIOR to running your script.

such as.... dolphin hd to replace the browser.... handcent to replace messaging.. etcetc
you know as well as i do these kids around here are going flash this without reading a damn word and completely fvck their phones up.

offer your personally used replacement apps please.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App
Last edited by v_lestat; 11th September 2010 at 02:43 AM.
11th September 2010, 12:23 AM   |  #8  
Account currently disabled
Flag Illinois
Thanks Meter: 2

552 posts
God, I feel like such a later bc I use 80% of those apps.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
11th September 2010, 01:45 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 0

61 posts
I modified my script to leave the stock browser intact and flashlight, but I removed weather. I also added handcent and google voice.

sent via HTC EVO
11th September 2010, 02:44 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 13

948 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashi_s1

I modified my script to leave the stock browser intact and flashlight, but I removed weather. I also added handcent and google voice.

sent via HTC EVO

why google voice? it doesnt work, in fact its some of the worse voice detection i have ever seen.

just curious, not bashing.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread