Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,020 Members 40,862 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Strange damage on the screen

Tip us?

japperrrr
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Strange damage on the screen

I'm using my SGS for almost a month now and there're appearing strange spots on the screen. I have absolutely no idea what it is and what's causing it. Has anyone seen something like this before?

click for higher resolution

ondoteam
Old
Thanks Meter 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by japperrrr View Post
I'm using my SGS for almost a month now and there're appearing strange spots on the screen. I have absolutely no idea what it is and what's causing it. Has anyone seen something like this before?

click for higher resolution
Never before.. the screen is totally off? What do you use to clean the screen? Do you feel the same touching the bright area and the opaque area?
Tehpriest Old
Thanks Meter
Silly question maybe but has it got a screen protector on it?

Maddmatt
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Is it very humid where you are? Looks like moisture under the screen.
Take it to Samsung, maybe it's some kind of defect that's allowing moisture in.

japperrrr
Old
(Last edited by japperrrr; 11th September 2010 at 12:47 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
There's no screenprotector on it. When it just appeared I couldn't feel the spots, now I can by moving my finger over them. They look like tiny scratches caused by sand but I always carry my phone in my pocket so that's just impossible.

At the photo the screen is totally turned off. I don't use any chemicals to clean the screen.

ondoteam
Old
Thanks Meter 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by japperrrr View Post
There's no screenprotector on it. When it just appeared I couldn't feel the spots, now I can by moving my finger over them. They look like tiny scratches caused by sand but I always carry my phone in my pocket so that's just impossible.

At the photo the screen is totally turned off. I don't use any chemicals to clean the screen.
No idea.. I'm using screen protector until I got it out the box. By the way I always carry it in my pants pocket, and normally I use jeans... but the protector looks fine.

Schmich
Old
Thanks Meter 2
The area does look like the usual place to touch the screen (normal keyboard usage at the bottom of the screen and up/down scrolling in the middle). My only conclusion is either a defect screen or you've used it once without noticing you still had some chemicals on your skin.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

a67543210
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Looks like you damaged your screen by some form of excessive pressure on the screen

exadeci
Old
Thanks Meter 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by a67543210 View Post
Looks like you damaged your screen by some form of excessive pressure on the screen

My thought too, maybe it had pressure with someting when you had it in your pocket with something else that was in your pocket or something that pressed you leg/poket for outside

japperrrr
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by exadeci View Post
My thought too, maybe it had pressure with someting when you had it in your pocket with something else that was in your pocket or something that pressed you leg/poket for outside
I never carry something in the same pocket a where I carry my phone in. As I move my finger over the screen I can slightly feel a bit of rough surface but when I clean my screen it's not visible while some other damaging is.