Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,807 Members 52,443 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bluetooth issue fixed with 09SEP-VoiceDialer.apk

Tip us?

TDianna
Old
(Last edited by TDianna; 11th September 2010 at 05:42 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thumbs up Bluetooth issue fixed with 09SEP-VoiceDialer.apk

Last night I was checking out Cyanogen's web site and I came across this:

Bluetooth Voice Commands Missing in CM6?

Hello,

One of the newer features that I liked so far in CM-6 was the ability to long press my bluetooth headset action button which resulted in a voice telling me to say a command. This was much better than the original phone voice dialer, which requires manual intervention to pick a number from its list of guesses after you speak, and which offers no voice prompt to let you know when it's ready.

Well, as of upgrading to CM-6.0 from the 8-25 nightly, the bluetooth/headset dialer is gone and when I long press my bluetooth headset button It's back to the old phone voice dialer which requires manual intervention to place a call and offers no voice prompt. How do I get the bluetooth dialer back?

I have attached the 09SEP-VoiceDialer.apk from CM-6 release for easy downloading.

***Instructions- Download the file into your root of your SD card, using Root Explorer remove the old VoiceDialer.apk and install the new 09SEP-VoiceDialer.apk

The OLD VoiceDialer.apk can be found under /system/app

Mine is working great!

Any questions, PM me....

Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: apk 09SEP-VoiceDialer.apk - [Click for QR Code] (81.1 KB, 2008 views)
________^_____^_______
Drinking my Kraken Black Spiced Rum
Droid 2 (Hopefully I will have better luck with this one)
Read the FAQ!

gohamstergo
Old
Thanks Meter 221
my bluetooth headset can now operate the voice commands, however, after a command is given, Voice Dialer FCs.
KF34

TDianna
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gohamstergo View Post
my bluetooth headset can now operate the voice commands, however, after a command is given, Voice Dialer FCs.
KF34
Did you remove the old VoiceDialer.apk?
________^_____^_______
Read the FAQ!

hybridowner
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Also, don't forget to change the permissions on the 09SEP-VoiceDialer.apk after yoo move it to /system/app.

This is working great for me, back to the way it was before the update!

Sent from my FroyoEris using XDA App

mjb413
Old
(Last edited by mjb413; 12th September 2010 at 07:38 AM.)
Thanks Meter 37

DONATE TO ME
so as far as the instructions:

***Instructions- Download the file into your root of your SD card, using Root Explorer remove the old VoiceDialer.apk and install the new 09SEP-VoiceDialer.apk

is install the new file is just copying it then pasting it into the system/app folder using root explorer, longpress on app and change permissions to allow all. then reboot.

EDIT: apparently yes, my bt headset works perfectly with voice dialer now. thank you.

jmastron
Old
Thanks Meter 0
This is great -- restores the BT voice dialing functionality that should have been stock in the Eris from the start :)

Is the source for this APK available? I wonder if it would be possible to modify to add an optional "confirmation" step:

User: "Call Jim Somename"
Phone: "Calling Jeff Someothername, is that correct?"
User: "No"

Could certainly be fancier, like presenting several options, but the above would be sufficient to prevent misdialing people you don't mean to call in other area codes, etc. That's my main hesitation to use it right now; my wife's name, in particular, seems to mismatch to other names often.

I haven't done much Android development yet, but I'd be interested in poking at this code.

TDianna
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmastron View Post
This is great -- restores the BT voice dialing functionality that should have been stock in the Eris from the start :)

Is the source for this APK available? I wonder if it would be possible to modify to add an optional "confirmation" step:

User: "Call Jim Somename"
Phone: "Calling Jeff Someothername, is that correct?"
User: "No"

Could certainly be fancier, like presenting several options, but the above would be sufficient to prevent misdialing people you don't mean to call in other area codes, etc. That's my main hesitation to use it right now; my wife's name, in particular, seems to mismatch to other names often.

I haven't done much Android development yet, but I'd be interested in poking at this code.
I do not know but I can give you a link to Cyanogen's post if you would like....

http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/6...__1#entry57811
________^_____^_______
Read the FAQ!

chefrd
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I remove the old voicedialer. I copied over to system/app change the perms and reboot. when long pressing the bluetooth the dialer comes up but never prompts. I tried renaming the file. I tried just an install. that worked once but FC verytime after.
What am i doing wrong

Abrasher
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Thanks for this

drjim
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I can't believe that Google has worse technology than MS on this! MS Voice Command is far superior.

I tried vlingo with mixed results.

Will try this.
Phone: Motorola Moto X
Carrier: AT&T
ROM: Stock Kit Kat
Contributing Editor, MobilityDigest.com