5,599,190 Members 35,264 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[How To] Flashing | Official ROMs | Custom ROMs

Tip us?

radium22
Old
Thanks Meter 27
I am currently at 2.0.9.1. I noticed that my phone would hang and then reset itself once a while. What could have gone wrong?

Also, I noticed that the SD card is readable by the phone only (or through Kies on PC). If I plug the card in a card reader, my PC cannot see it. The card was formatted by the phone. Any suggestions for improvements?

Thanks,
Kai

Azrael_PT
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Just got my phone back from the service.
The main PBA was changed.

ramu.rocks4u
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Question Debian?

Anyone installed Debian(LINUX)on samsung galaxy 5?

MasterXBKC
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Awsomeness!

kartiyk
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD_PUPPY View Post
HI Guys

Had a now not so good mate that updated my phone without me knowing and now it wont turn on or do anything

its a I5503T and apparently he put I5800 firmware on it, is there any way i can get it back to atleast show signs of life.

i have tried to start in download mode but nothing happens i push the power button and nothing happens, if any one knows of any way i can get this going again please let me know

flash again with another rom!

curiouso9
Old
(Last edited by curiouso9; 14th April 2011 at 08:20 PM.) Reason: ZZZZZZZ
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by radium22 View Post
I am currently at 2.0.9.1. I noticed that my phone would hang and then reset itself once a while. What could have gone wrong?

Also, I noticed that the SD card is readable by the phone only (or through Kies on PC). If I plug the card in a card reader, my PC cannot see it. The card was formatted by the phone. Any suggestions for improvements?

Thanks,
Kai
please update your rom. everybody! 2.0.9.1 is a failure !.. mad team already fix this by releasing 2.0.9.2. but 2.0.9.3 around the corner. please update your information of mad team release on their forum.! http://forum.g5devteam.com/ LOL

tweakradje
Old
(Last edited by tweakradje; 15th April 2011 at 11:04 PM.)
Thanks Meter 268
Default Bloody Wifi Power consumption when screen is off

I was very annoyed by the battery consumption of my Wifi when in sleep mode. After 2 days normal use (few calls) the battery was drained. After inspecting with the Testing app > Battery History it showed almost 100% battery consumption for Wifi Running. WTF? My screen was off most of the time that 48 hours and in advanced wifi settings I told Wifi to goto sleep when the Screen is off. "Listen to the boss bloody phone" HELP Google!

Google: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=774507

Allthough it is for older version finding the settings db was easy. So of we go...

Copy it from the phone to the PC
Code:
C:\Temp\_samsung i5500\
-> adb pull /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db
1088 KB/s (0 bytes in 34816.000s)

-->>>> EDIT settings.db with SQLite () see pictures (http://www.sqlite.org free version)
- add a new record in secure called wifi_idle_ms and set it to 10000
(default is 15 minutes I found somewhere = 15 x 60 x 1000)
- add a new record in system called wifi_watchdog_on and set it to 1
(Dunno what the default is for wifi_watchdog_on, set it to 0 if you don't want it)

After editing copy it back to the phone
Code:
C:\Temp\_samsung i5500\
-> adb push settings.db /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases
2176 KB/s (0 bytes in 34816.000s)
After that immidiately reboot the phone
Code:
-> adb reboot
The settings are referenced in the system/framework/services.odex or framework.odex file.
Use google for more settings and their specific table (system or secure) in settings.db

Cheers

ps: just for fun: create in system table a record show_processes with value 1
this will show all running processes and cpu load/avarage in the right upper corner after reboot
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wifi_idle_ms.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	568742   Click image for larger version

Name:	wifi_watchdog_on.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	568743  

anant kandpal
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default 3g not working

i'm from india {i bought originally GT I5503} and on motafoca's 2.0.9.2.However yesterday for the first time i inserted a 3G sim in my device and found that its still runnin on EDGE.3G frm that sim is flawlessly working on my friend's Xperia and Galaxy S.What should i do now?Apart from this i find my phone very unresponsive..i have to wait sometimes for 20 odd secs after clicking an application.

Details {as of now}:
PDA:I5500xwJP9
Phone::I5500LuyJP2
CSC:I5500OxxJP3

xanezu
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by anant kandpal View Post
i'm from india {i bought originally GT I5503} and on motafoca's 2.0.9.2.However yesterday for the first time i inserted a 3G sim in my device and found that its still runnin on EDGE.3G frm that sim is flawlessly working on my friend's Xperia and Galaxy S.What should i do now?Apart from this i find my phone very unresponsive..i have to wait sometimes for 20 odd secs after clicking an application.

Details {as of now}:
PDA:I5500xwJP9
Phone::I5500LuyJP2
CSC:I5500OxxJP3
There is some problem on using 3G after the update. You have to select the wcdma option from the service menu.
If it does not work, then its time to return it to service center for recalibration.
The Following User Says Thank You to xanezu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cipivat
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Smile hello 2.2

2.2 is available in romania via Kies!!!

Tags
galaxy 5, galaxy europa, gt-i5500, i5503t, samsung galaxy i5500, samsung galaxy i5503