NOTE: Updated September 12th, 2010. Added additional steps to the process. Reread to reapply the Epic Unleashed 2.0!
Please READ each direction CAREFULLY and BEFORE executing each step. I can not stress how many mistakes are made because someone did not READ the directions carefully. So... yeah, once again, READ THE DIRECTIONS CAREFULLY!
How to Apply EpicUnleashed 2.0
Credits: The ROM was created by Matt4542. Tutorial was written by me with some simple directions from Matt. You'll need to be rooted in order to run the Droid 2 Bootstrapper.
The fine print: Matt4542 and/or I (DarkOnion) can not be held responsible if you mess up. If you mess up, you mess up. That's why I wrote the .sbf recovery tutorial. Matt has also written one. More simple, but requires Linux.
Here we go.
1. Download Koush Bootstrap here.
2. Download Unleashed 2.0!
3. Move both files to the base of the SD Card. Best way to do this is to plug your phone into your computer and move it like that. Make sure you phone is in USB mass storage mode. To change it, pull down the notification blind, choose USB connection, and choose USB Mass storage. Now copy and paste the two files to the new removable drive that showed up in your My Computer. The Epic-Unleashed11Deodexed.zip needs to be at the base of the SD card, and not in any folders. After moving all the files over to the phone, change the connection type back to Charge Only. Notfication blind -> USB Connection -> Charge only.
4. Install Koush Droid 2 Bootstrapper. Using an app installer, Astro File Manager, or equivalent, navigate to your SD card. The folder in Astro File Manager will be called sdcard. Choose Droid2Bootstrap.apk and install it. Follow the directions.
5. Now that it is installed, open Droid 2 Bootstrapper located in your applications section menu. It'll probably ask you for Super User access, say yes.
6. Press Bootstrap Recovery. It'll probably ask you for Super User access, say yes.
7. Next, we want to back your system file up by making a system image. In the Droid2 Bootstrapper, which you are already in, choose Reboot Recovery. Your phone should restart and load up into the custom recovery.You should see some green text with various options, and a little lower than the middle of the screen, it says ClockworkMod Recovery.
Notes for navigating through the system. You need to use the keyboard to navigate. "Enter" will select. "Del" will cancel/go back. and the arrows are movement.
8. Using your slide out keyboard, scroll down to backup and restore and press the enter key. It should take you to another window. Choose Backup. Let it runs it's course. After it is all said and done. If it does not bring you back to the main menu after this backup press the power button.
10. Using your keyboard buttons, choose mount and storage. And then choose mount /system. After that, press del to go back to the main menu.
11. Using your keyboard buttons, choose install zip from sdcard.
12. You need to make sure signature verification is off. Choose toggle signature verification and make sure it is off. At the bottom, under ClockworkMod Recovery, it'll say whether or not signature verification is enabled or disabled. You want it to say that it is disabled.
13. Then choose install zip from sdcard. Choose Unleashed2.0-D2.zip. It'll ask to confirm. Scroll down to Yes, and press enter. You'll see some commands going and eventually say it is complete.
14. Now navigate back to the main menu by pressing "Del" on the keyboard. And restart your phone by choosing reboot system now. It'll reboot and that's it! You've installed Unleashed 2.0!
Note: Your first boot will take a little while, up to 10 minutes. PLEASE BE PATIENT.
If you need to undo this thing, boot back up into bootloader using Droid 2 Bootstrapper -> Reboot Recovery -> Back Up and Restore (after the reboot) -> Restore.
If you like this tutorial or any other tutorial, please feel free to show your gratitude by sending me a few bucks my way. I am a poor college student always trying to make ends meet. It's just more than writing a tutorial. Troubleshooting, helping others when they get lost, constant updating and rewording to make the process more simple. All donations are greatly appreciated, no matter the amount. $1 USD is good for two taco's at Jack in the Box! Paypal: email@example.com
And please don't forget about Matt. Send some love his way, too. It takes time create this stuff, not to mention troubleshoot, fix, and update. Make sure you send some love his direction. He needs money for a domain name. Paypal him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If anyone comes across and problems with instructions, please let me know. I am going to try to keep this thread updated and easy to use.
= = =
How to Root Droid 2
How to SBF Recovery Droid 2