[ROM] Captivate-Deodexed-JH7 v 0.2-Stock
The fruits of my deodexing project are now available for everyone to taste. What this ROM has is JH7 fully deodexed and zipaligned
, and then tweaked
. I have decided to remove the focus off the optimization, as others have made far more advances, and my choices may not be agreeable to someone else. I am not responsible for anything that happens to your phone, but I have tested this on my phone, and other than the issues noted below, I have not run across anything deal breaking. This is just a different way to optimize the files, so risk of any hardware damage is minimal. You'll only run into software that won't work.
How to install:
1. Download the zip file, and place it on the sd card.
2. Fire up ROM manager, and apply from SD card, also recommend doing a nandroid back up at the same time
What yout get:
1. Stock JH7 deodexed, and zipaligned
2. AT&T and Samsung bloatware removed
2. Superuser and Busybox preinstalled
3. build.prop preedited to allow you to see all market apps
4. The kernel is untouched during the update, but the user data, and cache are wiped. You will need a Titanium Backup to restore.
1. This is a stock style ROM, and you have to apply any optimizations or fixes manually, or using something like SRE. The JH7 files are all there (except the odex's of course), so the latest SRE should be compatible in theory, but I have always done all tweaks on the phone myself in the past so I am not 100% sure. I'll let some of you be the guinea pigs and report back.
2. Deodexing, and zipaligning is not some magic bullet for performance increase. I personally see no significant difference between the stock performance and this installation. But this is more flexible down the line to get us nearer to Vanilla Eclair due to having been deodexed.
How to Remove:
Use ROM manager, and restore previous backup.
The ROM can be downloaded Here:
I hope for this to become a test bed of new ideas I can try out to make things better on our phone. So if you want to test it and guide me, I'd appreciate your input. If someone wants to take this and build upon it further, feel free to do so.
I'll look into fixing the two apps force closing, with focus being on the camera, followed by the keyboard. Squashed.