Lenovo Officially Owns Motorola, Following ~$3 Billion Deal

Google is now officially no longer the owner American phone manufacturer … more

Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker Announced, Available

The wearable market has been around for a few years, with Pebble and Samsung smartwatches … more

Forums Added for the Oppo R5, Oppo N3, and Xiaomi Redmi Note

Just yesterday, Oppo unveiled a pair of rather unique smartphones, the Oppo … more

How to Play Music From Android Wear – XDA TV

Yesterday, we showed you how to do some advanced things with your Moto 360 quite easily … more

I wonder if HTC Desire HD will ever come with 850/1900 Mhz bands for us Yanks!

OP FtrV8

15th September 2010, 05:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

94 posts
Damn just saw the official specs and no support for US AT&T/Rogers Canada bands. Sucks!
15th September 2010, 05:26 PM   |  #2  
Flag Nicosia
Thanks Meter: 292

3,085 posts
Donate to Me
More
well to be fair this is Europe's first 4.3" android device. I've been waiting a year for it too. You guys in the west have two 4.3" android devices.
15th September 2010, 08:18 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 21

393 posts
From zdnet:

"Both of the new HTC handhelds are expected to start shipping to European and Asian markets in October, but North American fans are going to have to (unfortunately) wait until some unknown point “later this year.” On the bright side, there are only a few more months left of 2010, so the wait can’t be that long, right?"
15th September 2010, 08:40 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

94 posts
Here is to hoping!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltoro

From zdnet:

"Both of the new HTC handhelds are expected to start shipping to European and Asian markets in October, but North American fans are going to have to (unfortunately) wait until some unknown point “later this year.” On the bright side, there are only a few more months left of 2010, so the wait can’t be that long, right?"

15th September 2010, 09:00 PM   |  #5  
Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 61

628 posts
More
I really hope so. This is the phone I want, if it can get the TMOUSA HSPA+ speeds. I would sell my nexus one in a heartbeat.
15th September 2010, 10:17 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

170 posts
Last edited by kgk888; 9th August 2012 at 03:57 PM.
15th September 2010, 10:48 PM   |  #7  
Flag Missouri City, TX
Thanks Meter: 3

87 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremeBeaver

well to be fair this is Europe's first 4.3" android device. I've been waiting a year for it too. You guys in the west have two 4.3" android devices.

Yeah but not on AT&T. All we have is the Samsung Captivate and an outdated Dell Streak running 1.6 that you can only order through Dell. I am an HTC fan and if this could hop the pond to AT&T, I would be ecstatic.
16th September 2010, 12:30 AM   |  #8  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 125

689 posts
More
Quote:

From zdnet:

Did they change it because it now reads:

"The new HTC Desire HD and HTC Desire Z will be broadly available through mobile operators and retailers across major European and Asian markets from October 2010 with the HTC Desire Z shipping in North America later this year."

Just the Z, no HD?
16th September 2010, 01:05 AM   |  #9  
OP Member

94 posts
Well if you look at HTC's site for the specs on the Desire they list all Asian/Europe bands, but one can purchase the the Rogers HTC Desire and it will work on the AT&T network.

I am hoping the same happens with the Desire HD. Hope Rogers picks it up so AT&T customers can purchase that one.

Additionally I hope they aren't using ClearPad 2000 on it.
16th September 2010, 01:33 AM   |  #10  
San Bruno, Ca
Thanks Meter: 0

103 posts
Quote:

From zdnet:

If we have to wait for later this year... then im just going to wait til april when verizon rolls out their LTE's

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread