FORUMS

New Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 Update Fixes Major Bugs

Senior Recognized Developer rovo89 has patched Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 to … more

Download Sony’s new AOSP-like concept for Xperia Z3

Over in our forums, Recognized Contributor Jozinek has posted a very … more

OnePlus 2 vs Moto X Style: Which is The Better Flagship?

Two big industry names have announced their newest flagship phones within the … more

Making Your Own Xposed Modules Is Easier Than You Think

Close to the heart of XDA is the Xposed Framework by Rovo89. Most of … more

SmartBoot - Bootmanager for WM6.5 .NET3.5

91 posts
Thanks Meter: 116
 
By AndiCP, Member on 15th September 2010, 06:21 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi guys,

as I've been around for a while, I decided to share a bit of my work with you, too.
So feel free and use this small program if you like. No warranties as usal from my side.

This Bootmanager has a quite intuitive UI. You get an quick overview of the phone status and can select your boot profiles which you can manage inside the UI as you like (see screen shots below).



Additionally you can have voice announcements, SenseUI control, easy backup & restore of startup folder and program settings and an extended information screen. On this info panel you can find all important information about your phone.

This app only requires .NET CF 3.5 to be installed on your device.

The Pattern of the folder structure is always "\_AutoStart_" & selected Foldername. You can change the folder names in the UI settings tab. The folder "_AutoStart_Backup" is created by the program if you back up your current folder. All other "_AutoStart_" & X folders are created initially, but you want to choose which startup links are in there (folder names are case sensitive!). Just ensure the "X" matches your folder name in the ui settings for this specific button exactly. The default buttons are for Sense UI and XDAndroid. Their respective folder names (in the settings tab) are "Sense" and "Android", therefor I have "_AutoStart_Sense" and "_AutoStart_Android" folders on the root of my phone. In the "_AutoStart_Common" folder you have all the shortcuts which have to start no matter which profile is selected.

Tipp:
I have overclocked my device continously (stable) using this method (with this App) and with SmartBoot I can easily select between OC and non-OC configurations.
For your convenience this Windows Mobile® freeware app supports AppToDate, an easy to use application update program. You can obtain it freely from here.

Please download from Post #2.

Thanks to eboelzner for his great Sense SDK!
Last edited by AndiCP; 29th November 2010 at 03:34 PM. Reason: New version 1.1
The Following User Says Thank You to AndiCP For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
15th September 2010, 06:22 PM |#2  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 116
 
Donate to Me
More
Download:

Download SmartBoot only here please. (Please no mirrors or similar!)

Please feel free to leave a comment or bugs found.

PS: I will not provide any localization support. Just english language.
If you want I can create a "Light" Version without sounds and stuff, just mention it.
Also if there is demand for it I could create a step-by-step guide.
15th September 2010, 08:30 PM |#3  
claus1953's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 89
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndiCP

Download:

Download SmartBoot only here please. (Please no mirrors or similar!)

Please feel free to leave a comment or bugs found.

PS: I will not provide any localization support. Just english language.
If you want I can create a "Light" Version without sounds and stuff, just mention it.
Also if there is demand for it I could create a step-by-step guide.

Would be nice if we could download it from there. Tried for 30 min but not possible.
15th September 2010, 09:23 PM |#4  
J_M_H's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by claus1953

Would be nice if we could download it from there. Tried for 30 min but not possible.

Downloaded just fine for me. I plan to experiment with Android soon, and this will come in handy. Thanks.
15th September 2010, 09:32 PM |#5  
claus1953's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 89
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_M_H

Downloaded just fine for me. I plan to experiment with Android soon, and this will come in handy. Thanks.

Still no luck for me, it says "site not available or too busy etc etc"
16th September 2010, 04:26 AM |#6  
psophan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag phnom penh
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Thumbs up wow
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndiCP

Hi guys,

as I've been around for a while, I decided to share a bit of my work with you, too.
So feel free and use this small program if you like. No warranties as usal from my side.

This Bootmanager has a quite intuitive UI. You get an quick overview of the phone status and can select your boot profiles which you can manage inside the UI as you like (see screen shots below).



Additionally you can have voice announcements and an extended information screen. On this info panel you can find all important information about your phone.

This app only requires .NET CF 3.5 to be installed on your device.

I wanted to give the community something back, even though it is not much.
But maybe somebody finds it useful, I just thought I could share. Enjoy!
And please don't be too harsh as this is my first publication. There are more to come if it goes smoothly.

Please download from Post #2.

Thanks to eboelzner for his great Sense SDK!

big thank
16th September 2010, 07:29 AM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Thanks, good idea & pretty app. I'll try it.
16th September 2010, 10:29 AM |#8  
bigeneral's Avatar
Member
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
thanks, look like a very powerful and useful program.

downloading is a bit slow, but smooth.
16th September 2010, 12:42 PM |#9  
YOSEFE's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 108
 
Donate to Me
More
Question
This promises to be a great app.

Would you consider adding a "safe mode" boot option with it? Just wondering.

And thank you very much for sharing.
16th September 2010, 04:07 PM |#10  
henryfranz2005's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cavite
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
hello guys. what is XDAndroid? sorry for being a noob
16th September 2010, 04:46 PM |#11  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 116
 
Donate to Me
More
Smile Thank you for your kind feedback
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOSEFE

This promises to be a great app.

Would you consider adding a "safe mode" boot option with it? Just wondering.

And thank you very much for sharing.

You currently have two options for a safe mode:

1. Tap "Do nothing" at the initial screen (will exit immediatly -> no boot programs)
2. go to settings and enable "Confirmation", then click the button of your desired boot environment (and you can decide on each short cut -> safe mode).

@All: Thanks for your kind feedback! You are welcome!

PS: If you choose option 2 from above and tap no for at least one shortcut, you will get an "Ooops! Something went wrong!" message at the end.
You can ignore this, as it simply means not all shortcuts got executed.
Last edited by AndiCP; 16th September 2010 at 04:56 PM. Reason: PS added

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
.net, app, boot, bootmanager, windows mobile
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes