[App] Autorun Manager - gives you control over your startup apps

OP ratson

15th September 2010, 10:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 38

419 posts
More
After the success off AutoKiller I decided to write an app which lets you kill startup apps right after they are started, so it shortens system load times and gives you the possibility to decide what you want to run on your system.

with 2.0 release it brings an advanced tab, it gives you control over intent receivers directly, so you can completely disable automatically running parts of applications

a few words from my home page
Quote:

Autorun Manager (formerly Autorun Killer) lets you decide what apps you want to let automatically start up. It sports two modes:

Basic mode lets you decide which startup apps should be killed right after they start during system boot process.
Applications are usually autostarting because of a reason, so only disable one if you know exactly what it is doing and you definitely don't need it.

Advanced mode lists all your applications which are registered for system wide events (aka. intents like an incoming call, low battery or boot finished) and gives you the control to enable or disable these -so called- receivers.
Using this mode recommends above average knowledge about how your device works. Please be very careful.

if you need more information please check my home page.

Last edited by ratson; 24th January 2011 at 03:45 PM.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ratson For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th September 2010, 11:58 PM   |  #2  
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 133

828 posts
More
Wow, wasn't expecting any surprises, but after loading your program, I found that there were quite a few programs that I didn't know loaded at startup.

Startup speed did seem a tad quicker. Thanks so much!
16th September 2010, 10:32 AM   |  #3  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 38

419 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikikaz

Wow, wasn't expecting any surprises, but after loading your program, I found that there were quite a few programs that I didn't know loaded at startup.

Startup speed did seem a tad quicker. Thanks so much!

I'm glad you like it
17th September 2010, 12:17 PM   |  #4  
Flag Davie
Thanks Meter: 857

3,606 posts
Donate to Me
More
ok how do i get autorun killer ?
Last edited by Upstreammiami; 17th September 2010 at 01:34 PM.
17th September 2010, 12:45 PM   |  #5  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 127

524 posts
More
Why this post is not in android app ?? (but nexus ....)

Anyway is there a list of services safe to shut ?
17th September 2010, 03:29 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

40 posts
Doesn't work on N1 .. installed it 3 days ago, apps still run with startup and restart alone even when "prevent restart" option is checked.

Donated anyway, seems like a promising app.
17th September 2010, 04:29 PM   |  #7  
Flag Halifax, NS
Thanks Meter: 22

288 posts
More
When people complain my apps are broken, I'm forwarding the support emails to you.
17th September 2010, 04:44 PM   |  #8  
Flag Maine
Thanks Meter: 117

1,125 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsSiR

When people complain my apps are broken, I'm forwarding the support emails to you.

^This.

So if I read the first post correctly, this kills apps right AFTER they started?

This speeds up startup time how?

If X, Y, and Z all startup when i turn my phone on, and I use this app to tell my phone that X and Y are fine, but kill Z after it starts, then when I start my phone X, Y, And Z still start, but then Z gets killed immediately? I don't understand how this could possibly help performance in any way?

Task killers (but not automatic ones) have their purposes when used responsibly, however I really don't think you are getting ANY performance gain.

Just my 2 cents, don't mean it as an attack on your application or anything
17th September 2010, 06:45 PM   |  #9  
Flag carlisle
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gIMpSTa

^This.

So if I read the first post correctly, this kills apps right AFTER they started?

This speeds up startup time how?

If X, Y, and Z all startup when i turn my phone on, and I use this app to tell my phone that X and Y are fine, but kill Z after it starts, then when I start my phone X, Y, And Z still start, but then Z gets killed immediately? I don't understand how this could possibly help performance in any way?

Task killers (but not automatic ones) have their purposes when used responsibly, however I really don't think you are getting ANY performance gain.

Just my 2 cents, don't mean it as an attack on your application or anything

yea, i was thinking that already. how does it increase performance if the app has already started up and is already slowing the system, and then you use more cpu to kill it. then another app starts up. same thing.
17th September 2010, 08:22 PM   |  #10  
Flag NRW|DE
Thanks Meter: 59

955 posts
Donate to Me
More
Great App, highly recommended!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread