All credit goes to newone757 for creating the idea.
I recreated the templates to better fit MDPI devices, and threw in some different icons that I used to create what you see in the preview.
1. Download icon pack from bottom of post and extract to your SD card
1. Install LauncherPro (and activate Plus features to be able to resize the widgets properly)
2. Install Desktop Visualizer
3. In LauncherPro settings, under Advanced set homescreen rows to 5
4. Create a Desktop Visualizer(Large) widget with chosen image, and resize to correct dimensions (3x1 or 1x2)
5. Align them as shown in screenshot
I also included PSD templates for the 3x1 and 1x2 images so you can feel free to create your own. Only thing to make sure you do is set the Clipping Mask on the 3x1 icon.