Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,247 Members 50,407 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[App] [Root] LCDDensity (safe)

Tip us?

ex87
Old
(Last edited by ex87; 9th February 2014 at 04:14 PM.) Reason: A bit changed text
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 42

DONATE TO ME
Default [App] [Root] LCDDensity (safe)

Here video from app I'm developing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxD65fDYSGw

Idea is simple - change LCD density without modifying build.prop and almost on the fly.

Application will change LCD density in system, changes will not survive reboot (so if you have wrong settings, pull out battery or restart device and you are back to old settings). For now best way to change density is to reload Android software stack (it will seems like crash but it's intended to be this way).

Now available from Play
Attached Files
File Type: apk lv.n3o.lcddensity-0.2.0.apk - [Click for QR Code] (502.4 KB, 675 views)
File Type: apk lv.n3o.lcddensity-0.2.1.apk - [Click for QR Code] (502.0 KB, 1726 views)
The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to ex87 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Salku
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Looks Very Nice Going to test it out on my Rooted Cliq (2.1) Tell you how it goes

Edit: It works fine on my phone w/o issues detected

raven_raven
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Sweet! Downloading and trying ASAP!
From what I've seen on video, you're not having so called "Compatibility mode" to resize apps to new density, am I right? It would be a sweet feature.

So, I see there is rival to "LCD Density Changer" :}.

ex87
Old
(Last edited by ex87; 17th September 2010 at 02:28 PM.)
Thanks Meter 42

DONATE TO ME
It was quick and dirty test Released test version auto scale should work.

About "LCD Density Changer" - both programs differ in a way how changes are preserved. My program does not write anything on /system, so it's better for those who wants "high res" effect to be available quickly but not all the time (or those who use "LCD Density Changer" and wants to play some games that's not compatible with high resolutions ). "LCD Density Changer" saves edits to /system partition - for long term use.
The Following User Says Thank You to ex87 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

raven_raven
Old
Thanks Meter 39
I know I know, but you must admit - effect is pretty the same . It is not definitive in one case, which has its pros and cons.

Regardless how cool idea is, I have a problem with app - I installed it, opened it, choosed one option and... nothing. Tried it on 1.6 (official Donut for my country, rooted + busybox) and for Froyo (CM6), same issue .
The Following User Says Thank You to raven_raven For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ex87
Old
Thanks Meter 42

DONATE TO ME
Please try with newest package.

raven_raven
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Honestly, no need for it now . App had some hard times asking for superuser permission, but when it did, everything just works! Great app. Still some features like returning to default density and compatibility mode are good to have .

Thanks a bunch, great piece of code!

rori~
Old
Thanks Meter 705

DONATE TO ME
Very interesting app!..andyes, return to default would be very nice.

Sent from my Nexus One

kemberdog
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salku View Post
Looks Very Nice Going to test it out on my Rooted Cliq (2.1) Tell you how it goes

Edit: It works fine on my phone w/o issues detected
how'd you get it working im using j_r0dd's rom and nothings changing.

Salku
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemberdog View Post
how'd you get it working im using j_r0dd's rom and nothings changing.
I'm not using j_r0dd's rom in fact im using [Rom] adlxmod 2.0.2 - Android 2.1 with Motoblur. I should of been rather specific, if you need further proof I can use a screenshot of one.

Tags
android, app, density, lcd, root