after playing around and testing for hours and reading all possible documentation I am completely lost. Maybe someone could help me? I'm quite new to the "flashing business"
Here are the facts:
- I have an European 00 Streak
- I wanted to go to 2.1
- Fastboot works without any problems, also Clockwork can be installed anytime
- After recovery which worked fine the Streak freezes when trying to update to ANY update.pkg, it does not seem to accept it
- After trying different things my device was "bricked" (I know it is not really the case)
- The only way I brought it back to life was downloading a Nandroid Backup of somebody else and restoring, which works absolutely fine
- I know from the Modaco forum that some other owners had exactly the same problem and the backup was the only way to get it back to life, but: Those others had no problems updating to 2.1 with the pkg file directly after the restore, which does not work for me
- Now I have a O2 1.6 Streak 4399 running fine
- Trying to update to 2.1 with the Update.pkg freezes the device again (but after a restart everything is fine again)
- Tried formating SD Card, different SD card, factory reset before updating, all you usually would think of
So now I look for an alternative method to bring my device to 2.1.
- regular way- freezing
- Clockwork with the update8105.zip available here - it says no valid archive
- Downloading the Streak_8105_img. zip
With the last one, I don't know what to do. Is ist possible to create a Nandroid backup out of that and restore it as this seems to be the only way to flash my Streak?
Thanks a lot for any help!