FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

[ROM] CM Nightlies Report (Progress Towards 6.1.0)

502 posts
Thanks Meter: 27
 
By mp3sum, Senior Member on 19th September 2010, 11:08 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
The old thread filled with sparse reports of Cyanogen Nightly release experiences has gotten old in the tooth. As we approach the release of 6.1.0, I feel it necessary to start fresh and record configurations (dates, kernel's, etc) with details that have the potential to benefit us all.

I am currently running the #169 nightly and an underclocked kernel (shooting for battery life at the moment), and have run into no stability issues thus far. This includes use of both wireless and bluetooth features.

Please reply with your positive or negative take on CM nightlies for the Incredible Build #100 or newer. Thank you!


Anecdotal Reports for 169:
-Video camera functions, Infinite focus only
-LEDs function as expected. Please remember Pule under your audio settings
-Stock kernel performs VERY well, however invisibleKs may improve your mileage


Download the newest nightlies from:
http://mirror.teamdouche.net/?device=inc
Last edited by mp3sum; 3rd December 2010 at 07:28 PM. Reason: 100
The Following User Says Thank You to mp3sum For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
19th September 2010, 11:24 PM |#2  
dnoyeb's Avatar
Senior Member
Auburn, AL
Thanks Meter: 60
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp3sum

The old thread filled with sparse reports of Cyanogen Nightly release experiences has gotten old in the tooth. As we approach the release of 6.1.0, I feel it necessary to start fresh and record configurations (dates, kernel's, etc) with details that have the potential to benefit us all.

I am currently running the 9/18 nightly when Adrenylyne's underclocked kernel (shooting for battery life at the moment), and have run into no stability issues thus far. This includes use of both wireless and bluetooth features.

Please reply with your positive or negative take on CM nightlies for the Incredible 9/18 or newer. Thanks!

Can you verify that the built in wifi tethering works (using adrenylynes kernel)? if that doesn't, what about the wifi tethering app, and if it works, what version are you running, pre9?
Last edited by dnoyeb; 19th September 2010 at 11:45 PM.
19th September 2010, 11:32 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
I ran nightly 9/19 starting last night until now. The email FC problem seemed fixed from the 6.0.2 but i would get random restarts and incredilight would FC alot.

Cant wait for 6.1
19th September 2010, 11:36 PM |#4  
dnoyeb's Avatar
Senior Member
Auburn, AL
Thanks Meter: 60
 
More
i'd recommend using the HTC flashlight apk.. it works without the sense framework (works with cm6).

you can grab it from the themes/apps forum.
20th September 2010, 12:21 AM |#5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnoyeb

i'd recommend using the HTC flashlight apk.. it works without the sense framework (works with cm6).

you can grab it from the themes/apps forum.

Unless I found the wrong post, the com.htc.flashlight.apk that was ported over from the Desire 2.2 Rom does not use the LEDs, but uses the screen instead. That is pretty gay.
20th September 2010, 12:32 AM |#6  
droidyourlookingfor's Avatar
Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexdw369

Unless I found the wrong post, the com.htc.flashlight.apk that was ported over from the Desire 2.2 Rom does not use the LEDs, but uses the screen instead. That is pretty gay.

I'm not sure about CyanogenMod and other AOSP ROMs, but the HTC Flashlight included in froyo uses the LEDs
20th September 2010, 12:50 AM |#7  
dnoyeb's Avatar
Senior Member
Auburn, AL
Thanks Meter: 60
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexdw369

Unless I found the wrong post, the com.htc.flashlight.apk that was ported over from the Desire 2.2 Rom does not use the LEDs, but uses the screen instead. That is pretty gay.

must have been the wrong post... it uses the LEDs.

click here.
20th September 2010, 01:02 AM |#8  
daftlush's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag L.A.
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
I am on 9/19 and I'm happy to announce that my Gallery and Music Player can detect pictures and music on BOTH the eMMC and microSD.

However, Gallery still doesn't set pictures as wallpaper.

Running King's kernel but about to switch to Adrynalyne's new Battery Saver kernel.
20th September 2010, 01:46 AM |#9  
wwjdd44's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Deep South
Thanks Meter: 37
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnoyeb

Can you verify that the built in wifi tethering works (using adrenylynes kernel)? if that doesn't, what about the wifi tethering app, and if it works, what version are you running, pre9?

I am using the 9/19 version. With adrenylynes kernel the built in wifi does not work.....the pre9 does work. I just tried this kernel to see if it worked or not.....it does not allow adb wireless to work, so I went back to Koush's stock kernel. I have not had any problems running the stock kernel and my battery life is quite good.


^^ Gallery lets me set a pic as wallpaper..
Last edited by wwjdd44; 20th September 2010 at 01:55 AM.
20th September 2010, 08:48 AM |#10  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnoyeb

must have been the wrong post... it uses the LEDs.

click here.

Haha thats the post I found, but I didn't read deep enough. The first post says that it uses the screen INSTEAD of the LEDs. a later post points this out as false. i wish the op had been edited
20th September 2010, 10:01 AM |#11  
daftlush's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag L.A.
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjdd44

I am using the 9/19 version. With adrenylynes kernel the built in wifi does not work.....the pre9 does work. I just tried this kernel to see if it worked or not.....it does not allow adb wireless to work, so I went back to Koush's stock kernel. I have not had any problems running the stock kernel and my battery life is quite good.


^^ Gallery lets me set a pic as wallpaper..

Gallery lets me set as wallpaper on 9/20... but some dark ones (black wood) look like they're all black.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes