Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM] CM Nightlies Report (Progress Towards 6.1.0)

OP mp3sum

20th September 2010, 12:08 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27

502 posts
The old thread filled with sparse reports of Cyanogen Nightly release experiences has gotten old in the tooth. As we approach the release of 6.1.0, I feel it necessary to start fresh and record configurations (dates, kernel's, etc) with details that have the potential to benefit us all.

I am currently running the #169 nightly and an underclocked kernel (shooting for battery life at the moment), and have run into no stability issues thus far. This includes use of both wireless and bluetooth features.

Please reply with your positive or negative take on CM nightlies for the Incredible Build #100 or newer. Thank you!

Anecdotal Reports for 169:
-Video camera functions, Infinite focus only
-LEDs function as expected. Please remember Pule under your audio settings
-Stock kernel performs VERY well, however invisibleKs may improve your mileage

Download the newest nightlies from:
http://mirror.teamdouche.net/?device=inc
Last edited by mp3sum; 3rd December 2010 at 08:28 PM. Reason: 100
The Following User Says Thank You to mp3sum For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th September 2010, 12:24 AM   |  #2  
Auburn, AL
Thanks Meter: 59

849 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp3sum

The old thread filled with sparse reports of Cyanogen Nightly release experiences has gotten old in the tooth. As we approach the release of 6.1.0, I feel it necessary to start fresh and record configurations (dates, kernel's, etc) with details that have the potential to benefit us all.

I am currently running the 9/18 nightly when Adrenylyne's underclocked kernel (shooting for battery life at the moment), and have run into no stability issues thus far. This includes use of both wireless and bluetooth features.

Please reply with your positive or negative take on CM nightlies for the Incredible 9/18 or newer. Thanks!

Can you verify that the built in wifi tethering works (using adrenylynes kernel)? if that doesn't, what about the wifi tethering app, and if it works, what version are you running, pre9?
Last edited by dnoyeb; 20th September 2010 at 12:45 AM.
20th September 2010, 12:32 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 18

394 posts
I ran nightly 9/19 starting last night until now. The email FC problem seemed fixed from the 6.0.2 but i would get random restarts and incredilight would FC alot.

Cant wait for 6.1
20th September 2010, 12:36 AM   |  #4  
Auburn, AL

849 posts
More
i'd recommend using the HTC flashlight apk.. it works without the sense framework (works with cm6).

you can grab it from the themes/apps forum.
20th September 2010, 01:21 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 2

90 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnoyeb

i'd recommend using the HTC flashlight apk.. it works without the sense framework (works with cm6).

you can grab it from the themes/apps forum.

Unless I found the wrong post, the com.htc.flashlight.apk that was ported over from the Desire 2.2 Rom does not use the LEDs, but uses the screen instead. That is pretty gay.
20th September 2010, 01:32 AM   |  #6  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 3

48 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexdw369

Unless I found the wrong post, the com.htc.flashlight.apk that was ported over from the Desire 2.2 Rom does not use the LEDs, but uses the screen instead. That is pretty gay.

I'm not sure about CyanogenMod and other AOSP ROMs, but the HTC Flashlight included in froyo uses the LEDs
20th September 2010, 01:50 AM   |  #7  
Auburn, AL

849 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexdw369

must have been the wrong post... it uses the LEDs.

click here.
20th September 2010, 02:02 AM   |  #8  
Flag L.A.
Thanks Meter: 14

341 posts
More
I am on 9/19 and I'm happy to announce that my Gallery and Music Player can detect pictures and music on BOTH the eMMC and microSD.

However, Gallery still doesn't set pictures as wallpaper.

Running King's kernel but about to switch to Adrynalyne's new Battery Saver kernel.
20th September 2010, 02:46 AM   |  #9  
Flag Deep South
Thanks Meter: 37

392 posts
More
Quote:

Can you verify that the built in wifi tethering works (using adrenylynes kernel)? if that doesn't, what about the wifi tethering app, and if it works, what version are you running, pre9?

I am using the 9/19 version. With adrenylynes kernel the built in wifi does not work.....the pre9 does work. I just tried this kernel to see if it worked or not.....it does not allow adb wireless to work, so I went back to Koush's stock kernel. I have not had any problems running the stock kernel and my battery life is quite good.

^^ Gallery lets me set a pic as wallpaper..
Last edited by wwjdd44; 20th September 2010 at 02:55 AM.
20th September 2010, 09:48 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 2

90 posts
Quote:

must have been the wrong post... it uses the LEDs.

click here.

Haha thats the post I found, but I didn't read deep enough. The first post says that it uses the screen INSTEAD of the LEDs. a later post points this out as false. i wish the op had been edited

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread