5,598,718 Members 36,794 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Droid 2 Deodex and Zip Aligned System & Framework Files

Tip us?
Angdroid Old
(Last edited by Angdroid; 21st September 2010 at 06:11 PM.)
Thanks Meter
Default Droid 2 Deodex and Zip Aligned System & Framework Files

This is the stock Droid2 System and Framework files deodexed and zip aligned. This first of two packages that contains my Black (HTC) Status Bar Theme that looks like this. The next package will be the stock Droid2 deodexed and zip aliagned with stock status bar.

( Picture from my Droid2 Theme for Droid 1. Status bar is exactly the same. Too lazy to update pic )

It contains all original Droid2 files so if you have renamed or removed files it will replace them. This includes all Droid2 widgets and bloatware. If you have removed or renamed files then you can rename or remove the files from the app folder you placed on your memory card so you do not have to go back after install to clean up.

A couple of apk files have been modified so the status icon matches status bar better. I still need to fix up a few more apk files and will post them as an update.zip file.

I will have a update.zip file soon so it can be installed with clockwork. If you would like to test it for me please message me to let me know.

Root Privilege:
You must have Root Access to install the files.
Check this thread and this thread on how to root your phone.

ADB:
You also need to have The Android SDK installed so you can use adb commands.

Clockwork Recovery:
Download from Android Market or check here and make donation after you download.

Install Instructions - Recommended Method - Command Line:
Prep
Download the archive from above, extract file to your compter. Place app and framework folders from archive on the root of your sd card (/sdcard/app /sdcard/framework).

Make sure your phone is plugged into the USB cable and PC Mode is selected and that you have debugging enalbed on the phone application settings.

Open DOS prompt and type the following commands or paste them at the DOS prompt.
adb shell
su
stop
mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
cp /sdcard/app/* /system/app/
cp /sdcard/framework/* /system/framework/
rm /system/app/*.odex
rm /system/framework/*.odex
mount -o ro,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
reboot

Install Instructions - Clockwork:
Coming Soon!

After reboot it will take a few minutes too boot up so be patient. Your phone has not hung on boot unless the droid eye stops moving.

Launcherpro:
Download themed LauncherPro 0.7.9.0 here.
Extract the com.fede.launcher.apk file and place on root of SD Card.
Make sure your phone is in PC Mode and Debugging is enalbed in Applications settings on phone.
Open command prompt on pc and type following commands.
adb shell
su
stop
mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
cp /sdcard/com.fede.launcher.apk /system/app/
mount -o ro,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
reboot

wsfanatic
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Looking forward to the clockwork package. This is the mod I've been waiting for.
Angdroid Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsfanatic View Post
Looking forward to the clockwork package. This is the mod I've been waiting for.
Go with the command line for now. Having adb will be better in the long run and have to figure out how to write a script for update.zip to delete all the odex files when installing from clockwork.

wsfanatic
Old
Thanks Meter 1
If I've already deodexed, would I still need the script to remove the *.odex files?

Natty_lite
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I think its worth noting that your phone needs to be in PC Mode when plugging it in, with debugging on. If your in mass storage, it won't work because adb won't be able to access the sdcard while its mounted on the computer. These commands should also work via Android Terminal, although I imagine it's easier copying and pasting with a mouse and keyboard.

I know this may be obvious to some, but when you have people not knowing what they're doing in the first place, they assume that certain instructions were omitted intentionally.
Angdroid Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natty_lite View Post
I think its worth noting that your phone needs to be in PC Mode when plugging it in, with debugging on. If your in mass storage, it won't work because adb won't be able to access the sdcard while its mounted on the computer. These commands should also work via Android Terminal, although I imagine it's easier copying and pasting with a mouse and keyboard.

I know this may be obvious to some, but when you have people not knowing what they're doing in the first place, they assume that certain instructions were omitted intentionally.
Thanks! It's there under the install instructions.

newk8600
Old
Thanks Meter 25

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natty_lite View Post
These commands should also work via Android Terminal, although I imagine it's easier copying and pasting with a mouse and keyboard.
It isn't a good idea to try installing system files from the phone especially in terminal when there is a "stop" command because this will hault the GUI and the system so you'd be stuck.

Please stick to ADB for this at least. A strong suggestion.
Angdroid Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by newk8600 View Post
It isn't a good idea to try installing system files from the phone especially in terminal when there is a "stop" command because this will hault the GUI and the system so you'd be stuck.

I was just going to suggest that too...

-----------

LauncherPro has been updated to 0.7.9.0 Check bottom of first post for download link and install instructions.

newk8600
Old
Thanks Meter 25

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoBoy View Post
I was just going to suggest that too...
LOL great minds think alike!

Natty_lite
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by newk8600 View Post

You're right. I didn't think about that. I'll make sure I remember that for future reference. Thank God I used ADB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoBoy View Post
Thanks! It's there under the install instructions.
No problem at all. Very clean work. I'm running the black status bar on my phone as we speak.