Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,266 Members 41,859 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP]

Tip us?

appelflap
Old
(Last edited by appelflap; 30th September 2010 at 03:11 AM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 797
Smile [APP]

Only on the market now.

dkelle4
Old
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 82

DONATE TO ME
Worked for me on my EVO with CM6. For me it basically just skipped the splash screen and booted straight from the boot animation. It was definitely quicker.

Now what are the +\- of using this versus just doing a normal reboot? Pretty much what does a normal reboot provide us that this cant?

appelflap
Old
Thanks Meter 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelle4 View Post
Worked for me on my EVO with CM6. For me it basically just skipped the splash screen and booted straight from the boot animation. It was definitely quicker.

Now what are the +\- of using this versus just doing a normal reboot? Pretty much what does a normal reboot provide us that this cant?
On the galaxy S it is 2 times as fast as a normal reboot (clocked: 19s. hot reboot, 43s. normal reboot) Don't know about the EVO CM6.

+ is that one can kill all tasks at once and start with a clean system (snapier)
+ if one has to reboot because of a change: faster
+ beautiful reboot animation

- the system isn't totally reinitialised from the start (properties from build.prop aren't reset), but then again why does it have to?
- don't know yet.

I see it as a fast task killer, system memory cleaner and a handy, fast reboot option if changing something requires that.

mengsuan
Old
(Last edited by mengsuan; 21st September 2010 at 12:35 PM.)
Thanks Meter 35
Works very well on my SGS too. I get to regain as much memory as a cold boot.

Just 2 things:
1. Can the app implement a confirmation text box in case of accidental tap?
2. I am not seeing the beautiful reboot animation. Did you mean the circular thing that comes before it shuts off?

Minor side effect: If wifi was on before the reboot, wifi remains off although wifi is still showing as on from notification bar. Have to off then on wifi again to reconnect.

I forsee myself using this app very often from now on. Good job!

appelflap
Old
Thanks Meter 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by mengsuan View Post
Works very well on my SGS too. I get to regain as much memory as a cold boot.

Just 2 things:
1. Can the app implement a confirmation text box in case of accidental tap?
Actually a good idea. And users can set that on or off if they want. Good tip!

Quote:
2. I am not seeing the beautiful reboot animation. Did you mean the circular thing that comes before it shuts off?
Yep!!! Don't you like it
But expect more in the future. I'm planning a whole multimedia show when the user reboots his device. Then it will be a real hot reboot app!

Quote:
Minor side effect: If wifi was on before the reboot, wifi remains off although wifi is still showing as on from notification bar. Have to off then on wifi again to reconnect.
Will look at it.

Druter
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Next to useless

Yeah sure it reboots the graphics shell but it doesnt kill any other apps to be honest, when I come back from a cold reboot I am usually left with about 205 megs of mem but with this 134 averegae after 5 retries. uninstalling from my Samsung Galaxy S

mengsuan
Old
Thanks Meter 35
I've put that to a test. I started an application like msn talk which I know would stay running in the background. Upon using this hot reboot, the application restarted as well.

On the side note, my galaxy s never had any free memory more that 160 megabytes on cool boot. This hot reboot gives about 140 megabytes, which I found reasonable to use.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

jcamposlisgolfe
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Brilliant idea. Of course coming from Nederlands!!!
Do you have the same program for the WM6.5, which comes originally with the HJD2??? Is it fully safe ??? I have horror to the confused "usual" hard resets...

britoso
Old
Thanks Meter 281

DONATE TO ME
Please post the command this app uses to achieve this.

I've seen my phone do this sometimes, (unexpectedly reboots in <20 seconds)
Interestingly if you're on a phone call at the time, the call stays active all the way through the boot screen until the lock screen appears again. (the phone app gets restarted I guess)

thanks
Software Developer (Java/J2EE)
Phone: Nexus 5 32GB -> PA 4.4.2 + XPosed
Phone: Galaxy Nexus-> OmniMetal CM11
Phone: Nexus One (killed while replacing the digitizer)-> CM10.1 AOKP Unofficial Nightlies
Tablet
: Nook Color -> CM10.1 Nightlies
Tablet
: HP Touchpad -> CM10.1 -SCHIZOID
Stick: CX-919 RK3188/2GB (4.2.2 Finless 1.6b. FHD no-OC. Antutu 16753 Quadrant 4723)

Links:
»My Apps (ancient now) [CPUStatusLED] [MoreRecent]
»My Threads
»My Posts
»Transparent widgets

bogdi1988
Old
Thanks Meter 58

DONATE TO ME
does NOT work on nexus one with eViL's NXSense v.1.20. asks for root, once it gets it, the phone freezes. need to remove battery to restart phone.

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe