Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,636 Members 52,315 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Android 2.2 MIUI for Desire and Nexus One- !!INSANE COMPLETE UI OVERHAUL!!

Tip us?

Dai323
Old
(Last edited by Dai323; 4th October 2010 at 07:31 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 401
Default [ROM] Android 2.2 MIUI for Desire and Nexus One- !!INSANE COMPLETE UI OVERHAUL!!

I found this INSANE video on Google Nexus One blog.

If you have a Nexus One or a Desire, do yourself a favor and WATCH THIS VIDEO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or-9T...layer_embedded

Has anyone heard about this ROM? Its the MOST INSANE ROM IVE EVER SEEN...It runs SOOO damn fast and smooth, and they have COMPLETELY overhauled the UI. Its INSANE. Its like they took parts of Android, IOS, added an insane Sense-like wrapper on it..and viola....PWNAGE.

Anyone know where it comes from? I have never heard of these guys...but MY GOD its nuts. Whoever they are, these guys have SKILLZ.

See for yourself!! I just hope to God that Gingerbread is that awesome.

Heres a great vid from user Chididdy123 running this amazing ROM. Thanks for this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBuiWZ8TDBw

Omomo (dev) has also said that "We will release OTA every week. usually it is on Friday evening 8:00 PM (Beijing - time)
I'll give you a link (today) so that you can download latest build from us. But we may delete it one day later because we don't have enough bandwidth to host many users. so please make sure your download it in time".

UPDATE (October 4th)

So guys, I had no idea that the finding of this video would make such MASSIVE noise in the Android community. While I think its a great idea to keep this thread open for problem solving and overall discussion, I would highly advise you to visit the excellent thread started by djmcnz for builds, language packs and changelogs. He has done a great job in keeping the beast that is MIUI accessible for all. His excellent thread can be viewed here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=789566

Give him and all the people who have put so much work into translations MASSIVE props, as they have done an insane job at making this wonderful ROM accessible and updated for everyone.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dai323 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cmarti
Old
Thanks Meter 17
You can easily notice that video runs accelerated, seems they did it to make the phone looks like it's running faster that it really is.

Watch it one more time and you'll see what I mean.
HTC Sensation 4G with T-Mobile USA

Android Revolution HD™ Sense 3.5 BEATS & 4G SENSATION & 4G

32GB class 4 card.

Dai323
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 401
That could be man. It does look a bit TOO fast. But you gotta admit, the UI looks nice, and even if you slowed the video down, it seems like it would still run pretty smooth.

I really..REALLY like the UI.

xghostyxjokerx
Old
Thanks Meter 12
right could we get this to work in english...it would be great!!! looking forward for this.....thanks!

Jack_R1
Old
Thanks Meter 948
Just another custom launcher...

ctbear
Old
Thanks Meter 313
Looks interesting
I might give it a try later on and report back here

fallingd0wn
Old
(Last edited by fallingd0wn; 20th September 2010 at 09:26 PM.)
Thanks Meter 89
h**p://miui.com/thread-1154-1-1.html

You can download the ROM from this forum thread. I used Chrome to translate it. Downloading now.....

arkavat
Old
Thanks Meter 13
well.. UI is very nice. and the video seems to be accelerated to shorten the length of the video. Anyways... it is still in beta and things will only get smoother and faster as development continues. Nevertheless, the UI is very nice. Will look forward for final release.
HTC HD7
Developer Unlocked
and
Nexus One
Current ROM: MIUI - Gingerbread Radio: Stock - Gingerbread
Root Yes Bootloader Locked

RIP: Ngage QD, Nokia 6682, Touch (Elf), Diamond, Touch Pro (Fuze), HTC Touch Diamond 2 (Pure)

chowdarygm
Old
Thanks Meter 138
downloading as we speak
Current device estate:
# Samsung Galaxy Note 3
# Samsung Galaxy Gear
# Sony Xperia Z1
# Sony SmartWatch 2
# Google Nexus 10
# Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Dai323
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 401
I was just really suprised when I searched the forums and found 0 results on it. I would be interested in trying it as well.

Let me know how the flash goes if you decide to do it!!