[REF] *** Captivate Bible (directory) *** [REF]
Today's to do list:
- differences between Samsung roms (jh, jm)
Stuff I'm working on long term:
- making this thing entertaining!
- all around polish and beautification
If you want to give me things to put in here, either hashtag #CappyBible or mention me on twitter: @androidrocks135. PMs on xda work too, but I'm not going to check those very much.
Hey guys, I'm making a Captivate Bible that lists all of the ROMs, kernels, and other what not so that you can look at the important stuff without having to go through and pick the things that you want to read. I will try my best to keep this constantly updated, but I AM HUMAN
so there will undoubtedly be lapses. Please, kernel folks, ROM makers, everyone, let me know on twitter when you post a new thread that you think should go in the bible. My twitter is http://www.twitter.com/androidrocks135
. I'll be editing this thing to make it entertaining like the one in the G1 forum, but to start off it'll be kind of plain.
To start this off, I'll go with kernels.
HACKS AND SUCH
OTHER USEFUL LINKS
- USB Drivers for Windows:
- 64 bit: http://tiny.cc/80pq0
- 32 bit: http://tiny.cc/eakc6
- One click root and unroot: http://tiny.cc/5ojv6
- Button combinations for the blessed: http://tiny.cc/q4phx
- Clockworkmod Recovery by Koush: http://tiny.cc/b9r9o
- Samsung ROMs-There are a few of these floating around. The JM series doesn't work correctly with our Captivates unless you load a new kernel. The reason being is the three buttons on the front of the i9000 vs the four on the Captivate. The JF series of firmware will work correctly (other than obvious glitches). JF7 is supposed to be released via OTA this Friday. If you're rooted, unless you are experienced with Odin, I wouldn't try it. Also, if you're running a lagfix, be sure to remove it before applying the update.
That's all for now, let me know if I missed something, if you want me to put your hack, ROM or kernel up in the bible, preferably through Twitter, but posting in this thread will work too. I'll be adding a lot more, so keep checking back.
-Galaxy S Captivate
-On Cognition, waiting for CM6
-Follow Me On Twitter
--My youtube with reviews and things
-The Official Captivate Bible: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=788093
-Black G1 Running Super D (Sold)
-Motorola Cliq Running Stock Blur (Traded for two htc Pures, both sold)
-Rooted and Unlocked G1 running CyanogenMod 6.0 RC-2 WHICH I LOST!!!
Originally Posted by xyrovice
You know that I like my android the way I like my women.